Solo RoM Server - Anyone interested?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    19Posts

!!UPDATE 30. June 2019!!

BETA PHASE HAS STARTED!! All updates from now on are found on the Discord server!

Beta testers are still wanted. J
    oin the Discord also if you would like to be a Co-Developer (Helping thinking of ideas, features or additions to the server for me to implement)

Discord: https://discord.gg/VPtztJZ

Word File:

I wrote this file specifically for everyone here to read to give an idea. It's a summary in plain text of everything I did to the server so far. However this file is very outdated by now, but as said above: The Discord will always be up-to-Date. It's just too much work for me to maintain this thread here aswell.

Original Post:
    Hello everybody!

Short Version: Is anyone interested in working with me/us on a "Solo" RoM Server? This implies making the whole experience from level 1-55 possible for solo, (maybe also co-op play if there is some interest from people). The goal is to make all dungeons possible to solo, lower levels will be easier and more beginner friendly and higher level dungeons will be incredibly challenging.

3rd Update post by DragonError QnA (Post #9 - 06. March 2019)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by DragonError View Post
    Hi, I am also for now trying to modify the DB editor source to be able to change the strings and to be able to change/create recipies. That being said I want to share some of the ideas I have:

1) The itemshop should be used at minimum, the itemshop serves (and always served) as a lazy hack to introduce vital items into the game. Most of the items should be obtainable ingame via quests, drops, vendors, crafting, maybe achivements (run a database script to detect the achivement and send the mail with item)

Since diamonds are a big reward from all bosses in the game, the item shop is planned to be play a major role on this server. Everything will be purchasable with diamonds to balance the gearing and stating from early to lategame and this system is already very sophisticated by this point on my server.

2) The crafting system should be improved. It is not really bad by default, but in my opinion it is necessary to let players get means to simplify crafting easier. For example add the crafting/gathering potions to the phirius shop, players should be able to get resources quickly so that won't be boring and useless. Another point is that there should be much more recipies. For example moving all (or almost all) the furniture from itemshop only down to the proffessions (carpentry, blacksmithing) would a real gamechanger for more creative players out there (I personaly love managing my house)

The crafting and gathering potions have already been added to the item shop for a reasonable price to make all professions easier and more accessible. Each potion has been buffed from 100% to 400% speed (gathering potions also yield 4x more resources). These include gathering and crafting. I have never used housing back then on the official server, so this is a point i have not yet considered whatsoever, but i will come back to this once more immediate importances are fixed.

3) It may make sense to make the phirius tokens into "rare" currency, for which you would be able to buy some special consumeble items and maybe make it a drop from random monsters in the world.

It might be very difficult from my understanding to make phirius tokens a rare currency as they are very common due to daily quests, i find this to be a good idea however if one could propose an idea to the daily quest abundance of the phirius tokens.

4) The XP and TP potions should be either rare or just should not exist, making them available 100% of the time is equivalent to having their bonus constantly available.

This is a very good proposal and i will include this right away on the weekend!

5) Another point about XP and TP is that the rates should be a bit higher then X1, but not too much so the players still can experience the good stuff. Maybe the XP should be X1 or X1.1 and TP should get a boost (at least from combat) to be X2 or something.

This is also a very good proposal! The rates are yet to be tested to an exact amount, but i will also include this idea. I assume this can be done in the global.ini as a global factor that affects everything in the game? Please let me know the easiest and quickest way to change the rates.

6) In my opinion there should be much less gold available to the players. Having 5M drop from the boss is just too much and indicates that the gold is almost worthless. There should be goldsinks available such as consumables, maybe some decent items, decorations, mounts, etc.

Gold is a very important currency on my server. I found that bufffood is absolutely necessary on a solo server and has to be consumed in large amounts. If one does not feel to level every single profession to the max in order to craft all the buffood one needs, then one should be able to purchase said buffood at vendors, most preferably for gold since it has no use on my server anyways, because there is no auction house or trading in on a greater scale. Bufffood prices vary from a few thousand up to 75-100k for 1 single hero potion. Vendors are adjusted and sell bufffood according to the level of the current zone. In total approximately 30-40 Bufffood/Potions were added. So gold is needed in large amounts. 5 Million is in no way the norm though, the drops from Sirloth are totally exaggerated because he is the final boss of this server. 1 Run through CL would yield around 150k gold from pure gold dropped by bosses, where as 1 run through HotO would yield about 350-600k gold. Now please take into account how much bufffood you will need. I took good care to balance this matter. I obviously welcome more input on this matter from you however.

7) It is also possible to add auction entries using SQL scripts, but it may be tedious to do, I will look into possibilities and let you know if I find anything usefull.

That is a very good idea, however i cannot code/script, so i will require help from a person with those skills.

8) Overall killing mosters should be a rewarding time investment at it can be achieved by said unique and usefull drops such as equipment, materials, consumebles and some rare drops such as mounts and such.

This is exactly my thought! Loottables of all bosses are filled to the brim with great rewards. I want to make it lucrative and attractive for the player to visit any given dungeon on his level. Therefore i added runes (i will evaluate more further down on runes), more purples, better yellow stats, extra stats, diamonds, gold, mementos, plus jewels, tier stones, and some special treats that are exceedingly rare. ;)

9) Some classes severely lack the survivability when going solo so it may be usefull to either make health restoration potions more accessible or add health restoration abilities to the classes lacking it

This was taken into account by me from the get go. I have added phirius potions as an absolute regular drop from every boss in the game. Final bosses in dungeons will drop 5-10 even, the more difficult the dungeon the higher the chance to get a better potion (i created many loottables to fit all dungeons' levels ranging from A-E and everything inbetween). Additionally phirius potions can be bought in the item shop but they do not come cheap at all. I want to encourage dungeons over buying everything in the shop. However the possibility is there, especially having the tough endgame in mind.

10) Also, the games is called "Runes of Magic" and getting a usefull rune is pretty hard. Like to get tier X rune using tier I runes you need ~1.6M tier I runes which is impossible. And to get high rank rune (like the XP or aggro ones) you need ~20-30 different runes, but the drop rate is not that good. So it may be usefull to increase the runes drop rate and increase runes stack size. So runes will become a sort of a currency.

Now for runes: There are approximately 8-9 different rune droptables on the server thus far. The more difficult the dungeon the higher the chance to get a better rune of course again. ALL runes have been added to these loottables except the runes for aggro increase/decrease, lootluck, and exp+. This means one can obtain the VERY rare weapon runes like Fatal, Wrath etc. (they are more "common" in HoS, but still really rare. Also all non craftable runes are added in these loottables like sage, tyrant, aggression, block, raid, curse, etc etc etc...). One thing though is that all runes are tier III, with exception of the Weapon runes (which are tier I). Just yesterday I was thinking of a way to include IX and X runes on the server somehow in a non cheesy manner. So this worry is planned for the future.

11) Mana stone mechanic should be revisited a bit so that dirty statting and tiering won't be useless and dirty mana stones with 1-2 stats would still be valueable.

Dirty stating is completely redundant on my server because you will need EVERY bit of advantage you can possibly get to take the bosses down later on. Fully yellow stat T6-T8 items are REQUIRED to bring down HoS/HotDL bosses respectively. This means now that Mana Stones of all tiers are available in the item shop, CLEAN, however the prices are not cheap naturally (this is meant to be for lategame when more diamonds are at disposal, or after you killed sirloth and get his massive diamond reward). However throughout the game ONLY final bosses will have a 10-30% chance depending on difficulty again, to drop clean mana stones of different tiers. For instance: Windmill basement could drop a clean T4 stone at a 10% rate, abbey T4 20%. Uguda in CL however would drop a T6 stone with 15% chance. Without giving too much away you can rest assured that this has also been balanced pretty well, to give people incentive to farm dungeons, without making it a mindless grind just to finally make progress in baby steps. HoS/ZF/HotDL will have mana stones of higher tiers possible to be dropped at every boss though since the difficulty sky rockets here.

Really glad to hear that you enjoy doing all this work

I really appreciate your thoughtful input and your great ideas! You have thought of many things that are already accounted for on my server, but i have not written about them yet in any post so far. You are very welcome to elaborate further on as many points on this list as you like and provide further input and feedback should i have interpreted any of your points the wrong way. :)

Hopefully this long reply will also be read by others to give further insight on what i have already done in this more than 2 year timespan working on this server regularly.
    2nd Update (Post #7 - 06. March 2019)
    Spoiler:

So I have been working on this Project quite a lot ever since my last post.

First I want to thank Mupu and give him big credit for his help regarding the .lua script and tips he gave me. It has opened new possibilities for me on the server.

I will provide you with an update of what has happened in the meantime:

- Every player gets a hidden debuff as soon as they reach level 50. This debuff prevents them from gaining any experience in any way except from Thynos in the Ice Dwarf Kingdom. Defeating Thynos also removes (also from group memebers) this debuff so you can continue leveling as normal again. This serves the purpose that the beautiful level 50 dungeons do not go to waste and prevents you from jumping to 55 right away. (Thanks Mupu)

- Sirloth has seen some major changes regarding his loottable. He now drops among other things: Legendary Wings which give bonus to all stats, 1/4 Legendary GM Jewels which you can use to plus anything to +20, 1/5 Legendary GM Instruments that are usable infinitely (not only 30 days like the ones from the dia shop), T10 Mana Stones, Legendary Runes, and improved red stats.

- Bufffood has been added to casual vendors all over the map, prices have been adjusted to what I think is a fair price, but these prices are not final yet as there has been no FULL beta testing so far.

- Item Shop has added wings now with stat boost by 5% on all stats for 8000 Dias, the other way to get them is a 0,1 - 0,8% chance as a drop from a final boss in a dungeon after Abbey, the higher level the dungeon the higher the dropchance

- Diamonds now add automatically to your account after being looted from a boss (no more annoying clicking in your backpack)

- Drops in all dungeons are more worthwile: Better stats, higher quantity, etc...

Drops in CL, Kalin, TT, IDK, HdO, Origin, HdÜ, ZF, HotDL have been adjusted to an extent that I cannot write down here, since it would be too much, but to give you an idea:

- Mana stone drop chances are slighty increased
    - All bosses in Kalin, TT, IDK drop random 35/40 green stats
    - Final Bosses drop 2 Purple Items and one blue item with a yellow stat
    - Purple drop chance has been raised in all dungeons for normal bosses (CL 100%, Kalin 60%, TT, 80%, IDK 50%, HdO 25-88%, Origin and above 100%)
    - All normal bosses in dungeons after TT drop 2 purple loottables corresponding to the dropchance above, except ZF and HotDL
    - No more bad stats on purple items anywhere, Kalin and above have yellow VI stats on purples
    - Blue items in CL and Kalin have yellow V stats. Blue items in TT and above have average yellow VI stats
    - Plussing Jewels have been added in earlier dungeons (after MA) to make progress not as grindy and overall easier. IDK for example drops 3 x +16 at Thynos already opposed to only 1 x +12 before
    - Al-Lanja weapons are now legendary and buffed in their power by 1 tier
    - The best weapons in HdÜ the people used to use back in 55 days are now legendary and buffed by 1 tier
    - ZF/HotDL Set is now legendary and buffed by 1 tier
    - The best ZF/HotDL weapons are now above legendary (red) and buffed by 1 tier
    - The skins of all these new legendary weapons that looked pathetic and unworthy are now changed to really cool skins
    - Added custom stat drop tables that randomises all missing VII/Lost stats in HdO/HdÜ (Int/Def, Int/Hp, Sta/Pat, Sta/Mat, etc...etc...)...There were a LOT of missing ones that are important
    - Since the default red stats dropped by sirloth are really not that good, they have been buffed heavily. It is endgame however and he is the absolute final boss, so it should be rewarding...

There is so much more I did to the droptables, so this is really just a small example of my most recent changes/additions only.

I am still looking for ideas to give purpose to world bosses and IDK 38. As of right now they are entirely vanilla and not in use whatsoever.

The server is at a playable state with only a few minor things left to fix. I am mainly looking for people now that want to playtest the whole thing in order to release a first Alpha that is playable before I introduce more features/additions to the server.

1st Update (Post #5 - 11. January 2019)
    Spoiler:

!!!!UPDATE!!!!

So I have been working every day on the server since i posted this thread and here is a current update on

-what has been done
    -is being done
    -is going to be done next

to give you an idea:

I have reworked the early dungeons again because they were too hard for beginners. I originally have tested them to be very challenging with decent equipment but the issue was that in the beginning people "would not know how to pimp items and stats yet (hypothetically of course)" therefore i changed the dungeons in the beginning as follows:

Barren Caves & Windmill Basement:

- All Elite Mobs in the dungeons are reduced to normal Mobs

- Hodu Hammertooth and Bonebreaker are reduced from Bosses to Elite Mobs and have had their HP greatly reduced from 65k down to ~10k. Also physical damage and spell damage has been lowered greatly from my previous settings.

- Added lots of drops to Hodu and Bonebreaker to get you kickstarted. Drops include: Raw and advanced blue materials to craft the Windmill set easier and quicker. Hodu and Bonebreaker have a 10% chance to drop a Purple item of any set while Bonebreaker has a small chance to drop a pruple weapon and 100% chance to drop 1 craftable blue weapon of the windmill items

- Raised ghoststats on windmill items and added some to items which didnt have any.

- Added clean Yellow III Stats on Purple Windmill items

- Barren Caves' Anglo has an all new Blue Droptable which includes one rare purple headwear which also has been buffed with stats. So there is some actual reason now to go into Barren Caves for early Equipment.

Forsaken Abbey:

- Elite Mobs here remain the same

- All Bosses except Ancalon are reduced to stonger Elite Mobs

- Ancalon remains a Boss and with that the first "real" BossMonster classified Enemy in any dungeon so far. However her HP have been reduced from 230k down to ~70k and additionally the spell and physical damage again have been lowered a lot.

Now as for what i am currently working on:

- Today i have been working on Necropolis of mirrors and will likely still be at this dungeon for the coming 1-2 days until basic playtesting is done

- Working on the jump from lvl 28 to lvl 36 from Forsaken Abbey to Necropolis of Mirrors. Most likely there will be some questing involved in Aslan valley, otherwise the level requirement for Necropolis wont be reachable by grinding Abbey alone.

Immediate Future plans:

- After the above is done i will obviously go through Mystic Altar again and Pasper and see if they need any adjustments for what should be intermediate players at this point. CL and above will most likely remain as they are as they are intended for experienced players by this stage and are supposed to be challenging. (They are all Vanilla except Boss 2 in IDK and Thynos obviously)

- Ice Dwarf Kingdom (38) is entirely Vanilla so far and i am thinking of incorperating it somehow and giving it a purpose, but i don't have an idea yet as to where and how

- Working on the worldbosses and give them a purpose (they are entirely vanilla so far, so perodia one-hits you for example xD). They would need some drops that make it actual wothwile killing/hunting them

Long Term Future Plans:

- Playtesting all Level 55 Dungeons again

- Making Sirloth possible for all classes somehow without making it a boring fight >.<

That's all i can think of off the top of my head.

I appreciate that there is at least some interest in this project. I will keep working on this regardless and anyone who feels interested in testing, changing or balancing, or whatever you can think of can contact me anytime via PM.

As soon as this project is at a playable and tested state i will release it if there is any interest.

Original Post ( Post #1 - 30. December 2018)
    Spoiler:

Long Version: So it has been around 2 years now eversince I started working on my serverproject described above. My ultimate goal was to create the perfect solo server for this game, balanced and challenging as it was back then in lv. 50-55 times to solo the big dungeons. There were a lot of things to consider for this project:

- Where does one acquire diamonds?
    - Balance the item shop for purchases with said acquired diamonds.
    - Where does one acquire bufffood/potions without making crafting incredibly annoying and a stupid grind? Since there is no auction house.
    - How is this whole thing balanced so that it's not too easy and not literally impossible?
    - How to change bosses for solo play, that were intended for large groups?
    - How to make someone to go through all level 50 dungeons before reaching level 55? Basically an XP system.
    - etc.etc

Now all the mentioned questions above have already been solved and implemented in the server in this 2 year timespan. I started out with the level 50 dungeons and when those were finished I did the lvl 55 dungeons. But I also felt that the lower level dungeons should serve a purpose so I edited the whole earlygame as well.

The project is playable for the most part. The only boss left to work on is Sirloth, who is intended to be the absolute final boss of this whole solo experience. I am looking for people that would like to give it the finishing touch with me and test through the game with different classes. Experience in RoM and different classes for testing is advantageous.

Any contributions or ideas/input is appreciated and will be discussed if it could be added, has already been added, or why it cannot be added to this particular server setup. So feel free to message me.

You can get in touch with me by a personal message on this forum or replying to this thread with what you could contribute to this project. Obviously we will take on a different, more instant, form of communication other than this forum for the work on this server.

PS.: This whole project is also available for personal usage once it is finished should there be interest, you just have to contact me.

Last edited by Nighty93; 30-06-19 at 01:33 PM.

MemberRank
    May 2014 Join Date
    BelarusLocation
    78Posts

Re: Solo RoM Server - Anyone interested?

Interesting thing, but no profit and this game needs too much RAM to be a "Solo"

MemberRank
    Dec 2016 Join Date
    15Posts

This sounds like an awesome project. Good job! Maybe message me on what your future plans are. I'm sure I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by starwars1 View Post
    Interesting thing, but no profit and this game needs too much RAM to be a "Solo"
    We're not here for profit. But you're right. This game is way too RAM hungry.

MemberRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    47Posts

I've got a server and I would appreciate to test/run your version on it.

MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    19Posts

Quote Originally Posted by starwars1 View Post
    There is no intention for profit here whatsoever, just for fun for some old time players who enjoyed the game back then, and i agree that you'd need a lot of RAM to run the server. I upgraded my 16GB to 32GB for this very reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by fht View Post
    This sounds like an awesome project. Good job! Maybe message me on what your future plans are. I'm sure I can help.
    Thanks for the offer. I gladly accept your help, I will post an Update which will include plans and current state of the project as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokey1987 View Post
    I've got a server and I would appreciate to test/run your version on it.
    You can get in touch with me anytime via PM so i can send you the files. I would appreciate if you let me know which classes you tested it with.

!!!!UPDATE!!!!

So I have been working every day on the server since i posted this thread and here is a current update on

-what has been done
    -is being done
    -is going to be done next

to give you an idea:

I have reworked the early dungeons again because they were too hard for beginners. I originally have tested them to be very challenging with decent equipment but the issue was that in the beginning people "would not know how to pimp items and stats yet (hypothetically of course)" therefore i changed the dungeons in the beginning as follows:

Barren Caves & Windmill Basement:

- All Elite Mobs in the dungeons are reduced to normal Mobs

- Hodu Hammertooth and Bonebreaker are reduced from Bosses to Elite Mobs and have had their HP greatly reduced from 65k down to ~10k. Also physical damage and spell damage has been lowered greatly from my previous settings.

- Added lots of drops to Hodu and Bonebreaker to get you kickstarted. Drops include: Raw and advanced blue materials to craft the Windmill set easier and quicker. Hodu and Bonebreaker have a 10% chance to drop a Purple item of any set while Bonebreaker has a small chance to drop a pruple weapon and 100% chance to drop 1 craftable blue weapon of the windmill items

- Raised ghoststats on windmill items and added some to items which didnt have any.

- Added clean Yellow III Stats on Purple Windmill items

- Barren Caves' Anglo has an all new Blue Droptable which includes one rare purple headwear which also has been buffed with stats. So there is some actual reason now to go into Barren Caves for early Equipment.

Forsaken Abbey:

- Elite Mobs here remain the same

- All Bosses except Ancalon are reduced to stonger Elite Mobs

- Ancalon remains a Boss and with that the first "real" BossMonster classified Enemy in any dungeon so far. However her HP have been reduced from 230k down to ~70k and additionally the spell and physical damage again have been lowered a lot.

Now as for what i am currently working on:

- Today i have been working on Necropolis of mirrors and will likely still be at this dungeon for the coming 1-2 days until basic playtesting is done

- Working on the jump from lvl 28 to lvl 36 from Forsaken Abbey to Necropolis of Mirrors. Most likely there will be some questing involved in Aslan valley, otherwise the level requirement for Necropolis wont be reachable by grinding Abbey alone.

Immediate Future plans:

- After the above is done i will obviously go through Mystic Altar again and Pasper and see if they need any adjustments for what should be intermediate players at this point. CL and above will most likely remain as they are as they are intended for experienced players by this stage and are supposed to be challenging. (They are all Vanilla except Boss 2 in IDK and Thynos obviously)

- Ice Dwarf Kingdom (38) is entirely Vanilla so far and i am thinking of incorperating it somehow and giving it a purpose, but i don't have an idea yet as to where and how

- Working on the worldbosses and give them a purpose (they are entirely vanilla so far, so perodia one-hits you for example xD). They would need some drops that make it actual wothwile killing/hunting them

Long Term Future Plans:

- Playtesting all Level 55 Dungeons again

- Making Sirloth possible for all classes somehow without making it a boring fight >.<

That's all i can think of off the top of my head.

I appreciate that there is at least some interest in this project. I will keep working on this regardless and anyone who feels interested in testing, changing or balancing, or whatever you can think of can contact me anytime via PM.

As soon as this project is at a playable and tested state i will release it if there is any interest.
    Last edited by Nighty93; 12-01-19 at 05:36 AM.

MemberRank
    Feb 2015 Join Date
    11Posts

Hi, I am very happy to see someone who works on the stuff for this game without profit intentions. Keep up a good work. And I'm also interested you only edit database and data.db for the changes and not the source code? I assume the source code is not necessary for all these changes, but still curious. I am also tweaking a bit around the game for now, just for the fun of it. Someone posted the info that you can actually use pagefile to increase effective memory available which worked fine for me with 12Gb ram. Wish you luck and hope there will be more people like you in this game

MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    19Posts

Hi, I am very happy to see someone who works on the stuff for this game without profit intentions. Keep up a good work. And I'm also interested you only edit database and data.db for the changes and not the source code? I assume the source code is not necessary for all these changes, but still curious. I am also tweaking a bit around the game for now, just for the fun of it. Someone posted the info that you can actually use pagefile to increase effective memory available which worked fine for me with 12Gb ram. Wish you luck and hope there will be more people like you in this game
    Thanks, I will definitely keep working on this project until I am satisfied with it, which is probably never, so that's a good sign.

I do not edit any source code, and I do not know how to code. All I do is purely with DB Editor and SQL Database editing.
    Regarding RAM I don't have any problems. I can run all zones from 1-55 on my computer with 32 GB DDR3 RAM. I am not experienced with changing the pagefile.sys size.

--------UPDATE 06. March 2019--------

So I have been working on this Project quite a lot ever since my last post.

First I want to thank Mupu and give him big credit for his help regarding the .lua script and tips he gave me. It has opened new possibilities for me on the server.

I will provide you with an update of what has happened in the meantime:

- Every player gets a hidden debuff as soon as they reach level 50. This debuff prevents them from gaining any experience in any way except from Thynos in the Ice Dwarf Kingdom. Defeating Thynos also removes (also from group memebers) this debuff so you can continue leveling as normal again. This serves the purpose that the beautiful level 50 dungeons do not go to waste and prevents you from jumping to 55 right away. (Thanks Mupu)

- Sirloth has seen some major changes regarding his loottable. He now drops among other things: Legendary Wings which give bonus to all stats, 1/4 Legendary GM Jewels which you can use to plus anything to +20, 1/5 Legendary GM Instruments that are usable infinitely (not only 30 days like the ones from the dia shop), T10 Mana Stones, Legendary Runes, and improved red stats.

- Bufffood has been added to casual vendors all over the map, prices have been adjusted to what I think is a fair price, but these prices are not final yet as there has been no FULL beta testing so far.

- Item Shop has added wings now with stat boost by 5% on all stats for 8000 Dias, the other way to get them is a 0,1 - 0,8% chance as a drop from a final boss in a dungeon after Abbey, the higher level the dungeon the higher the dropchance

- Diamonds now add automatically to your account after being looted from a boss (no more annoying clicking in your backpack)

- Drops in all dungeons are more worthwile: Better stats, higher quantity, etc...

Drops in CL, Kalin, TT, IDK, HdO, Origin, HdÜ, ZF, HotDL have been adjusted to an extent that I cannot write down here, since it would be too much, but to give you an idea:

- Mana stone drop chances are slighty increased
    - All bosses in Kalin, TT, IDK drop random 35/40 green stats
    - Final Bosses drop 2 Purple Items and one blue item with a yellow stat
    - Purple drop chance has been raised in all dungeons for normal bosses (CL 100%, Kalin 60%, TT, 80%, IDK 50%, HdO 25-88%, Origin and above 100%)
    - All normal bosses in dungeons after TT drop 2 purple loottables corresponding to the dropchance above, except ZF and HotDL
    - No more bad stats on purple items anywhere, Kalin and above have yellow VI stats on purples
    - Blue items in CL and Kalin have yellow V stats. Blue items in TT and above have average yellow VI stats
    - Plussing Jewels have been added in earlier dungeons (after MA) to make progress not as grindy and overall easier. IDK for example drops 3 x +16 at Thynos already opposed to only 1 x +12 before
    - Al-Lanja weapons are now legendary and buffed in their power by 1 tier
    - The best weapons in HdÜ the people used to use back in 55 days are now legendary and buffed by 1 tier
    - ZF/HotDL Set is now legendary and buffed by 1 tier
    - The best ZF/HotDL weapons are now above legendary (red) and buffed by 1 tier
    - The skins of all these new legendary weapons that looked pathetic and unworthy are now changed to really cool skins
    - Added custom stat drop tables that randomises all missing VII/Lost stats in HdO/HdÜ (Int/Def, Int/Hp, Sta/Pat, Sta/Mat, etc...etc...)...There were a LOT of missing ones that are important
    - Since the default red stats dropped by sirloth are really not that good, they have been buffed heavily. It is endgame however and he is the absolute final boss, so it should be rewarding...

There is so much more I did to the droptables, so this is really just a small example of my most recent changes/additions only.

I am still looking for ideas to give purpose to world bosses and IDK 38. As of right now they are entirely vanilla and not in use whatsoever.

The server is at a playable state with only a few minor things left to fix. I am mainly looking for people now that want to playtest the whole thing in order to release a first Alpha that is playable before I introduce more features/additions to the server.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RAScrnShot_20190306_151019.jpg   RAScrnShot_20190306_133043.jpg   RAScrnShot_20190306_133744.jpg   RAScrnShot_20190306_133414.jpg   RAScrnShot_20190306_133047.jpg  

Last edited by Nighty93; 06-03-19 at 02:41 PM.

MemberRank
    Feb 2015 Join Date
    11Posts

Hi, I am also for now trying to modify the DB editor source to be able to change the strings and to be able to change/create recipies. That being said I want to share some of the ideas I have:

1) The itemshop should be used at minimum, the itemshop serves (and always served) as a lazy hack to introduce vital items into the game. Most of the items should be obtainable ingame via quests, drops, vendors, crafting, maybe achivements (run a database script to detect the achivement and send the mail with item)

2) The crafting system should be improved. It is not really bad by default, but in my opinion it is necessary to let players get means to simplify crafting easier. For example add the crafting/gathering potions to the phirius shop, players should be able to get resources quickly so that won't be boring and useless. Another point is that there should be much more recipies. For example moving all (or almost all) the furniture from itemshop only down to the proffessions (carpentry, blacksmithing) would a real gamechanger for more creative players out there (I personaly love managing my house)

3) It may make sense to make the phirius tokens into "rare" currency, for which you would be able to buy some special consumeble items and maybe make it a drop from random monsters in the world.

4) The XP and TP potions should be either rare or just should not exist, making them available 100% of the time is equivalent to having their bonus constantly available.

5) Another point about XP and TP is that the rates should be a bit higher then X1, but not too much so the players still can experience the good stuff. Maybe the XP should be X1 or X1.1 and TP should get a boost (at least from combat) to be X2 or something.

6) In my opinion there should be much less gold available to the players. Having 5M drop from the boss is just too much and indicates that the gold is almost worthless. There should be goldsinks available such as consumables, maybe some decent items, decorations, mounts, etc.

7) It is also possible to add auction entries using SQL scripts, but it may be tedious to do, I will look into possibilities and let you know if I find anything usefull.

8) Overall killing mosters should be a rewarding time investment at it can be achieved by said unique and usefull drops such as equipment, materials, consumebles and some rare drops such as mounts and such.

9) Some classes severely lack the survivability when going solo so it may be usefull to either make health restoration potions more accessible or add health restoration abilities to the classes lacking it

10) Also, the games is called "Runes of Magic" and getting a usefull rune is pretty hard. Like to get tier X rune using tier I runes you need ~1.6M tier I runes which is impossible. And to get high rank rune (like the XP or aggro ones) you need ~20-30 different runes, but the drop rate is not that good. So it may be usefull to increase the runes drop rate and increase runes stack size. So runes will become a sort of a currency.

11) Mana stone mechanic should be revisited a bit so that dirty statting and tiering won't be useless and dirty mana stones with 1-2 stats would still be valueable.

Last edited by DragonError; 07-03-19 at 11:14 PM.

MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    19Posts

Since diamonds are a big reward from all bosses in the game, the item shop is planned to be play a major role on this server. Everything will be purchasable with diamonds to balance the gearing and stating from early to lategame and this system is already very sophisticated by this point on my server.

The crafting and gathering potions have already been added to the item shop for a reasonable price to make all professions easier and more accessible. Each potion has been buffed from 100% to 400% speed (gathering potions also yield 4x more resources). These include gathering and crafting. I have never used housing back then on the official server, so this is a point i have not yet considered whatsoever, but i will come back to this once more immediate importances are fixed.

It might be very difficult from my understanding to make phirius tokens a rare currency as they are very common due to daily quests, i find this to be a good idea however if one could propose an idea to the daily quest abundance of the phirius tokens.

This is a very good proposal and i will include this right away on the weekend!

This is also a very good proposal! The rates are yet to be tested to an exact amount, but i will also include this idea. I assume this can be done in the global.ini as a global factor that affects everything in the game? Please let me know the easiest and quickest way to change the rates.

Gold is a very important currency on my server. I found that bufffood is absolutely necessary on a solo server and has to be consumed in large amounts. If one does not feel to level every single profession to the max in order to craft all the buffood one needs, then one should be able to purchase said buffood at vendors, most preferably for gold since it has no use on my server anyways, because there is no auction house or trading in on a greater scale. Bufffood prices vary from a few thousand up to 75-100k for 1 single hero potion. Vendors are adjusted and sell bufffood according to the level of the current zone. In total approximately 30-40 Bufffood/Potions were added. So gold is needed in large amounts. 5 Million is in no way the norm though, the drops from Sirloth are totally exaggerated because he is the final boss of this server. 1 Run through CL would yield around 150k gold from pure gold dropped by bosses, where as 1 run through HotO would yield about 350-600k gold. Now please take into account how much bufffood you will need. I took good care to balance this matter. I obviously welcome more input on this matter from you however.

That is a very good idea, however i cannot code/script, so i will require help from a person with those skills.

This is exactly my thought! Loottables of all bosses are filled to the brim with great rewards. I want to make it lucrative and attractive for the player to visit any given dungeon on his level. Therefore i added runes (i will evaluate more further down on runes), more purples, better yellow stats, extra stats, diamonds, gold, mementos, plus jewels, tier stones, and some special treats that are exceedingly rare. ;)

This was taken into account by me from the get go. I have added phirius potions as an absolute regular drop from every boss in the game. Final bosses in dungeons will drop 5-10 even, the more difficult the dungeon the higher the chance to get a better potion (i created many loottables to fit all dungeons' levels ranging from A-E and everything inbetween). Additionally phirius potions can be bought in the item shop but they do not come cheap at all. I want to encourage dungeons over buying everything in the shop. However the possibility is there, especially having the tough endgame in mind.

Now for runes: There are approximately 8-9 different rune droptables on the server thus far. The more difficult the dungeon the higher the chance to get a better rune of course again. ALL runes have been added to these loottables except the runes for aggro increase/decrease, lootluck, and exp+. This means one can obtain the VERY rare weapon runes like Fatal, Wrath etc. (they are more "common" in HoS, but still really rare. Also all non craftable runes are added in these loottables like sage, tyrant, aggression, block, raid, curse, etc etc etc...). One thing though is that all runes are tier III, with exception of the Weapon runes (which are tier I). Just yesterday I was thinking of a way to include IX and X runes on the server somehow in a non cheesy manner. So this worry is planned for the future.

Dirty stating is completely redundant on my server because you will need EVERY bit of advantage you can possibly get to take the bosses down later on. Fully yellow stat T6-T8 items are REQUIRED to bring down HoS/HotDL bosses respectively. This means now that Mana Stones of all tiers are available in the item shop, CLEAN, however the prices are not cheap naturally (this is meant to be for lategame when more diamonds are at disposal, or after you killed sirloth and get his massive diamond reward). However throughout the game ONLY final bosses will have a 10-30% chance depending on difficulty again, to drop clean mana stones of different tiers. For instance: Windmill basement could drop a clean T4 stone at a 10% rate, abbey T4 20%. Uguda in CL however would drop a T6 stone with 15% chance. Without giving too much away you can rest assured that this has also been balanced pretty well, to give people incentive to farm dungeons, without making it a mindless grind just to finally make progress in baby steps. HoS/ZF/HotDL will have mana stones of higher tiers possible to be dropped at every boss though since the difficulty sky rockets here.

I really appreciate your thoughtful input and your great ideas! You have thought of many things that are already accounted for on my server, but i have not written about them yet in any post so far. You are very welcome to elaborate further on as many points on this list as you like and provide further input and feedback should i have interpreted any of your points the wrong way. :)

Hopefully this long reply will also be read by others to give further insight on what i have already done in this more than 2 year timespan working on this server regularly.
    Last edited by Nighty93; 08-03-19 at 01:05 AM.

MemberRank
    Feb 2015 Join Date
    11Posts

Thanks for the reply, I am somewhat amazed since from your answers I see that you did a lot more then I initially expected, which is really great!

And I want to add a bit to the points listed above:

1) Players can get only 100-110 phirius tokens a day, and for example can be additionally added to the drops to make the net income of ~200 tokens. This amount is quite small (compared to the amount of gold) and is time limited so it is somewhat "rare" already. And what could be done with it is just adding some unique items to the phirius token shop. Items should be unique to the phirius token shop only so that they will get some attention and priority to get some items (maybe cosmetics, maybe consumables). It is just so that dailies would be used but the prices should be low enough for all this to make sense (no one is willing to run dailies 30 days straight to get stupid wings with 0 bonuses). Also to not being annoying I think that the daily reset ticket should be removed as it just encourages mindless grind anyway.

2) There is a lot of cosmetic items in the game, and they can be added to some normal open world monsters as a rare drops alongside recipes so that there will be at least some reason to go to different world areas aside from questing. The game has very cool wardrobe system so it would be a shame to not utilize it.

3) Also it makes sense to add different currency drops (for example PvP honor, or SW badges) to some monsters so that items for that currency would still make sense. For example PvP honor to some bandits a SW badges for cyclopes or something

And a small question, are you able to edit strings in string_eneu.db (I am able to open strings in DB editor but they won't save)? And I assume that if you are using the DB editor found on ragezone you are not able to add recipes as of yet?
    Last edited by DragonError; 08-03-19 at 12:06 PM.

MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    19Posts

Thanks for the reply, I am somewhat amazed since from your answers I see that you did a lot more then I initially expected, which is really great!

And I want to add a bit to the points listed above:

1) Players can get only 100-110 phirius tokens a day, and for example can be additionally added to the drops to make the net income of ~200 tokens. This amount is quite small (compared to the amount of gold) and is time limited so it is somewhat "rare" already. And what could be done with it is just adding some unique items to the phirius token shop. Items should be unique to the phirius token shop only so that they will get some attention and priority to get some items (maybe cosmetics, maybe consumables). It is just so that dailies would be used but the prices should be low enough for all this to make sense (no one is willing to run dailies 30 days straight to get stupid wings with 0 bonuses). Also to not being annoying I think that the daily reset ticket should be removed as it just encourages mindless grind anyway.

I do like this idea a lot in general. As with all things so far, I will be very thoughtful about it though regarding how I want to implement it on the server. Leveling is not an issue on my server and I do want to prevent this mindless daily ticket questing, so removing that item all together seems like a good choice, and would give a real purpose to phirius tokens. Adding unique skins to the shop or boss drops is a great idea!!

Wings won't be available in the phirius shop however, they are already accounted for: Regular basic boring looking ones are in the Item shop for 200 dias purely as a stat carrier, wings that are optically attractive do have a 5% bonus on all stats, are of legendary rarity and are available as a VERY rare drop from final bosses (i took this idea from WoW mount drops) OR in the item shop for 8k dias. Thought behind that is that a 0,1-0,8% chance drop might just never happen and so for 8k dias in endgame one can still get the wing skin he wants. The 2 wings that represent Sirloth are dropped by him himself and only him. They have a 15% bonus on all stats and are a great reward for killing him. The wings in question are "Wings of the dark master" and "Sword Soul" naturally.

2) There is a lot of cosmetic items in the game, and they can be added to some normal open world monsters as a rare drops alongside recipes so that there will be at least some reason to go to different world areas aside from questing. The game has very cool wardrobe system so it would be a shame to not utilize it.

I fully agree with this point and it would be nice if we could brainstorm regarding where to put which items!

3) Also it makes sense to add different currency drops (for example PvP honor, or SW badges) to some monsters so that items for that currency would still make sense. For example PvP honor to some bandits a SW badges for cyclopes or something

This is another fantastic idea to bring more variety of ways to how people obtain strong items and buy stats, purple gear. The more ways the better and less monotone it is to farm equipment.

And a small question, are you able to edit strings in string_eneu.db (I am able to open strings in DB editor but they won't save)? And I assume that if you are using the DB editor found on ragezone you are not able to add recipes as of yet?

I am able to edit any string in any language.db through using a specific older version of the DB Editor. It should be available on the forums here still, the version is 3.0.0 though i think 4.5.0 or 4.4.0 also work. If you are unable to find it then it is no problem for me to send you a copy of the version i use for string edits. I would really appreciate if you would let me know your skype contact via personal message if you are interested. You really have some great ideas and i would welcome your help a lot when utilising said ideas.

MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    19Posts

10. April 2019 UPDATE!!!!

The Closed Beta Phase will launch soon!! If you are interested in getting in and helping out, then please get in touch through discord, personal message or forum post. We are still searching for more beta testers.

MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    19Posts

The Discord link has been fixed, please try again to join if you had an expired link before.

MemberRank
    Dec 2013 Join Date
    12Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nighty93 View Post
    10. April 2019 UPDATE!!!!

The Closed Beta Phase will launch soon!! If you are interested in getting in and helping out, then please get in touch through discord, personal message or forum post. We are still searching for more beta testers.

Sign me up

MemberRank
    Nov 2016 Join Date
    19Posts

Please join our discord server through the invite link in my first post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement