Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What are ROM server hardware/bandwidth requirements

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here.

I'm considering building a private ROM server for just me and my friends, but I'm wondering what are the hardware and bandwidth requirements, for a dozen people playing?

For hardware, RAM looks like the most important. Can 128gb RAM run all zones? If not, can it run everything up to max level 55?

My internet download is plenty fast, but the upload is limited to 20mb/s. How much bandwidth is needed per connection? Can this handle a dozen people? What about 50 or 100, if I decide to open it up?

I'd appreciate any useful feedback.

Thanks

Master Summoner
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here.

I'm considering building a private ROM server for just me and my friends, but I'm wondering what are the hardware and bandwidth requirements, for a dozen people playing?

For hardware, RAM looks like the most important. Can 128gb RAM run all zones? If not, can it run everything up to max level 55?

My internet download is plenty fast, but the upload is limited to 20mb/s. How much bandwidth is needed per connection? Can this handle a dozen people? What about 50 or 100, if I decide to open it up?

I'd appreciate any useful feedback.

Thanks

Maybe not all but important one will be open with 128gb :D

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
With 128GB it should run all fine till level 55. I would even say 64Gb would do it. But i'm sure 128GB doesnt do it for all the stuff.

Bandwith.....i dont think you need much bandwith with "some friends", i would assume 20Mbit/s should do that also.

But i'm not sure about 50 or 100.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
With 128GB it should run all fine till level 55. I would even say 64Gb would do it. But i'm sure 128GB doesnt do it for all the stuff.

Bandwith.....i dont think you need much bandwith with "some friends", i would assume 20Mbit/s should do that also.

But i'm not sure about 50 or 100.

Thank you, that gives me a much better idea for what I can (and can not) do.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
128GB Ram is sufficient, upload is important in your internet speed and should be at least 100mpbs. A speed below will cause lag.

lasvegas - What are ROM server hardware/bandwidth requirements - RaGEZONE Forums

Back