from DirectX 9 to DirectX 12 and 64-bit

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    MemberRank
    Dec 2018 Join Date
    CanadaLocation
    60Posts

Re: from DirectX 9 to DirectX 12 and 64-bit

from DirectX 9 to DirectX 12 and 64-bit
    We have multiple videos posted in discord, of full speed gm runs through Dalanis at full graphics without any crashes. We are currently beta testing the experimental client.

MemberRank
    Jul 2015 Join Date
    159Posts

Ok, i have seen Client Test 1 now. Very nice. I'm a programming Noob..but i wonder if that client can be modified to everyones private server.....

MemberRank
    Jul 2015 Join Date
    95Posts

Nope.

MemberRank
    Jul 2015 Join Date
    159Posts

Yea, was afraid of , lol. But its ok. :D

MemberRank
    Jul 2015 Join Date
    159Posts

Tried it out (G4L Classic), and its working. Was running 10 minutes through Varanas porting here and there, porting to logar and back, running through main plaza etc etc. its not crashing with full details.

Very nice! And i want it for my private server, lol. (Just a joke, since i know this won't happen because of the changed server code for this).

So, beardilus....release it please since G4l is doing it anyway ^^ (Sorry, couldn't resist)

MemberRank
    Mar 2017 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    59Posts

Am I correct that the following link describes a part of the Direct X port?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ct3d-9-to-11-1

I don't have enough knowledge yet to complete this task.
    But maybe some people would work with me to make this project
    themselves and make it available to the public.

True MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    221Posts

Any update on this? Perhaps a ported 6.4.2 client?

MemberRank
    Jul 2015 Join Date
    159Posts

As you maybe all know ( i mentioned it already in this thread)there is a user modification for Guild Wars 2 for directx 12. Easy speak: it takes the dx9 commands from GW2 and converts them to dx12 (not DX11, this was wrong).

Programmers from Arenanet have proved this code of being "clean", nevertheless there is no official approval to use it with Guild wars 2.

As the programmer of this states this is directly for GW2, there is a mention

This is specifically designed for Guild Wars 2. You can try to use it with other games; it might work.
    So this code doesn't touch the GW2 code in any way, so im wondering if this could work with RoM, too?

I didn't have tried anything myself, just wanted to post it here, maybe someone with knowledge can write something about it.

Official Download from Github

https://github.com/megai2/d912pxy

I don't have made anything with my server the last couple of month, still i dream from my crash free private Runes of Magic Server. Not sure if gamer4life anytime take their server down, if they release their code ? Don't think so if they still make money out of it ^^

True MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    221Posts

Can't say I get much about how it works. The client has three different d3dx9 files to begin with. One with _26, another two with _30 and _31 in their names. Perhaps Litefire can give some insight on this? Or Drewww, if he's still active.

But personally I seriously doubt it's as easy as slapping on a dx9-dx12 converter-like mod to avoid crashes and make the game run smoother. That doesn't make it a 64 bit client yet.

MemberRank
    May 2018 Join Date
    USALocation
    140Posts

while the dx9-dx12 wrapper looks promising ROM is also alot older than GW2 with custom changes made to the engine's DX9 calling functions which means using that wrapper may not be possible without heavy modification. I will not be attempting it though as i have my hands full programming in UE4 right now

True MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    221Posts

RoM in UE4? Count me in for that one!

MemberRank
    May 2018 Join Date
    USALocation
    140Posts

it is a very slow process because i choose to work alone but once i finish it will mean complete compatibility with DX11-12 and easily adding new content, also much better graphics and stability.

True MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    221Posts

Great things always take time. It's only important to not drop it at some point into the process. While being a WoW clone at its core, Runes has a unique touch to it and it's a game that deserves a way more stable client than it has now.

MemberRank
    Dec 2016 Join Date
    127.0.0.1Location
    43Posts

Jezz so much drama still in the Runes of Magic private server community lol.

Pretty funny to see all the people here claim to not be using sources that originated from things Domo had first/leaked. Sorry but nope, it is all from the same originating source. Just because you modded things, fixed some bugs, etc. over the last 2? years any of your servers have existed, doesn't mean its from somewhere new.

Domo has been working on this game for way longer than anyone else in regards to actual files and trying to move the private server scene for it forward. Where's my proof? I worked with Domo when he first got the files back in like 2013. Long before all the claimed dates on here trying to say they aren't from him. We had a small team of 5-6 of us working on RoM along with the potential of several other games which he had access to. (I still have all the original files from this period/time and team if people want to argue that.)

Best of luck on the x64 and DX11 ports Domo, hope you're doing well :P

MemberRank
    Jul 2015 Join Date
    159Posts

Yea, but i assume you also had the intention to make money out of it, not doing a favor for the community (back in 2013)?

Releasing the 6.4.2 Code was like "if i can't make money out of it, the people who stole the code from me shouldn't also not be able to".

You can look at this from different sides, but for me as user standing at the sideline it looks like its all about the money. And the beef around this is only because people can't make money out of it (Well, there are servers running and i guess they doing a lot of money with it)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Advertisement