from DirectX 9 to DirectX 12 and 64-bit

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    True MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    221Posts

Re: from DirectX 9 to DirectX 12 and 64-bit

from DirectX 9 to DirectX 12 and 64-bit
    Not sure what they do nowadays but they can probably keep Runes going with a small team to still squeeze profit from the few remaining people. What the publisher does is no different from what any of us can do: build, buy or rent a pc used as a server, set up the files and run it. Depending on playerbase size, there's no need for a large maintenance team either.

MemberRank
    Jul 2015 Join Date
    159Posts

It's strange anyhow how gameforge/runewaker puts content in the game. They remain level 100 since years, and now they have a strange leveling system again to do a new world boss.

The very "new" gameforge launcher is also very, very annoying. I just use it to patch the game, i start it then with "nocheckversion" ^^

MemberRank
    Jul 2015 Join Date
    95Posts

The leveling system is not strange, it's just completely copied from Diablo 3. The problem comes from the fact that the accuracy calculation used to hit higher level mobs is developed poorly by runewaker. The calculation makes the new content all impossible to do, and was said at the initial release that it's not intended to be cleared currently, even now the new instance is impossible to be done. The xp required to level is huge and frankly impossible if the xp/tp of easymode inis is ever corrected. The launcher is indeed poor and rip to anyone that connected their accounts and can no longer disconnect the accounts and are forever forced to use it.

RoM is clearly developed by a small team now a days, there is almost no extra game updates in the current official client that has not already been released except for a few new mirrorworld zones and a new .lua/xml in the interface.fdb for some new system being added into the game(the frame is deactivated client side though currently). In the past the data for future zones was in the client for many years before actual release, so it'll be interesting to see what runewaker do in the coming months regarding updates for the game.

True MemberRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    237Posts

Jesus dude ever since this post has been going on I've been getting spammed by people asking for help. I'm not going to help anyone set up a server. Don't ask me stop sending me messages. if you need help you can make a post on the forms here and I may assist you with a reply. or someone else in this commune will help you however no one going to help you rip people off these games are not profitable and they're going to spend a lot of money on network and server costs. if you're messaging me to help you set up the server there's no guarantee you can set up new content or keep the game in a state that will keep players all you're going to do is spend a lot of money is there's no prophets here. I love this game and I'm tired of people who try to do this as a cash grab and they ruin the game for other people to all of you or messaging me to help set up your server stop I'm not going to help you

Your signature has been changed, please read the forum rules #27

MemberRank
    Dec 2016 Join Date
    127.0.0.1Location
    43Posts

Sadly with all the hand-offs over the years, my characters were deleted because of bullshit excuses GameForge made regarding taking over character data. They apparently gave people a time-limit to login and keep your characters otherwise they'd be deleted. Never got an email regarding it saying that was happening, and poof, all my shit was gone.

I started in 2008-2009ish? when the cap was still 50-55. Made the mistake of being a Knight/Priest originally which I eventually retired and started a Rogue/Scout. Later changed to Rogue/Knight due to the solo capabilities and focused on that character entirely. Was one of, if not the best, geared Rogue on my server for a while and was soloing most things/raids. When videos of the European servers got posted and shared showing the focus of stacking health and defense stats more than damage and showing how much easier it was to solo then, I went full-on to do that as well.

I used to be a mini-GM back in the day when Frogster was running the game still. (We were called 'Greeters' lol.. was pretty pointless overall.) Was friends with the main two GMs at the time, and overall really liked the game back at that point. Soon as Chapter 4 released though and completely fucked over players/gear and all the money spent, I was done.

Since all my stuff got lost on the retail servers, I haven't had much interest in ever going back to the game. I also didn't care for the newer content the last time I played. If I ever came back to play/work on a private server again, I'd want a Chapter 2 or 3 server only. Not interested in the newer stuff personally.

To those pm'ing me about this game for help/src, I won't be responding, so don't bother.

True MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    221Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theDomo View Post
    Jesus dude ever since this post has been going on I've been getting spammed by people asking for help. I'm not going to help anyone set up a server.
    Just ignore them. Don't get why people do that when there's a fully understandable and extremely simple guide already available. In fact, I made my guide mostly for people like myself who are entirely unfamiliar with how SQL and the Runes server work. It's a lot to read but I consider that a bit of a test. People who don't have the patience to at least go through the setup will not have the patience for running it either. Besides, the fail rate should be nigh 0% because I spent those 3 hours writing it right after setting up my server and logging in.

Back in 2009, the cap was level 50. 55 came afterward with the release of the the weeping coast close to or after chapter 2 release. The massive character delete might be understandable in a way. Happened about last year I think. From my perspective, they simply did it to sweep the massively clogged database clean by deleting anything that didn't log in until day X. Wouldn't be surprised if they tossed tens of thousands of characters, if not millions that way. Since such an event never happened in the game's history, it's safe to assume they had dead characters piling up since 2008 or so.
    Last edited by xSpeedx; 11-09-20 at 08:20 AM.

MemberRank
    Jul 2015 Join Date
    159Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beerpyrs View Post
    The leveling system is not strange, it's just completely copied from Diablo 3. The problem comes from the fact that the accuracy calculation used to hit higher level mobs is developed poorly by runewaker. The calculation makes the new content all impossible to do, and was said at the initial release that it's not intended to be cleared currently, even now the new instance is impossible to be done.
    Ah ok, since they integrated the system (mountain system or anything like that, not sure) i always was wondering why they dont do the normal level up system with new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerpyrs View Post
    The xp required to level is huge and frankly impossible if the xp/tp of easymode inis is ever corrected. The launcher is indeed poor and rip to anyone that connected their accounts and can no longer disconnect the accounts and are forever forced to use it.
    I have one main account, some twink accounts and 10-15 accounts which were made only for the five years(?) anniversary where you could get +20 stones out of the chests ^^

Not a single one is connected to the gameforge launcher, since i simply dont play other gameforge games. Although gameforge says in their forums that it is mandatory to use gameforge launcher since then or you risk a ban if they find out.

Ok, meanwhile its getting out of topic here but i encourage you to look at some of the real herous on frogster servers in 2008/2009:

https://www.youtube.com/user/EnguardROM/videos

Koyu and Zarth, they have done Instances on Level, Solo. And yea..this looks easy in the vids, but believe me it wasn't that easy. I do not know of anyone doing this in 2008/2009.

And mabye someone here is long enough in the game to know the bug from Runes of Magic with Worr an Lynn Binpike, by aggro (i guess it was lynn binpike?) him and bringin him down to Ystra. He made an AOE evry 30 seconds(?) killing instantly all people who were questing there. It was kinda fun, if i remember right some top guilds @ Muinin at that time were doing this from time to time until they fixed that ^^

Maybe we should open a thread like "Runes of Magic on Offical servers Memorial thread" ^^
    Last edited by Mageoski; 11-09-20 at 11:48 AM.

True MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    221Posts

God damnit, don't fucking mention those damn bulls again. I lost count of how many times they just went peekabo and nuked me on my way to the altar.

But speaking of Ystra Highlands: Who else was around when the Zurhidon squad went crazy at the trading post entrance and people made fun out of leaving behind a miles long trail of tombstones?

PS: clear your inbox mage, couldn't send you a PM just now
    Last edited by xSpeedx; 11-09-20 at 12:28 PM.

MemberRank
    Jul 2015 Join Date
    159Posts

@xSpeedx

i made some space in my inbox :D

To get back to topic, ran around one hour in G4L CLassic Servers..Its so fucking amazing! Dalanis with Full Details.

Last edited by Mageoski; 12-09-20 at 12:19 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Advertisement