Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ROM DB Editor

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Unpacked files are primary. It's true for all dbs, textures, sounds etc. Also, you doesn't need to make patcher for fdb, just use unpacked files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Unpacked files are primary. It's true for all dbs, textures, sounds etc. Also, you doesn't need to make patcher for fdb, just use unpacked files.
That`s true, but, however, fdb loads a bit faster.

And second question, can I edit my DB changes or load them? Or must I always open the data.fdb and make all changes again?
- My program works in the same way as client does - so unpacked data has priority vs data.fdb. So if it sees an magiccollect.db unpacked in the correct folder - it will load it instead of one in .fdb

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok thanks for fast replies guys.
I change a skill (holy aura) cooldown from 120 to 5. Pressed save all and put the created magiccollectobject.db in my /client/fdb and /server/resource/fdb

But the change has no effect. Maybe I chose the wrong folders?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok thanks for fast replies guys.
I change a skill (holy aura) cooldown from 120 to 5. Pressed save all and put the created magiccollectobject.db in my /client/fdb and /server/resource/fdb

But the change has no effect. Maybe I chose the wrong folders?
not /fdb but /data. That should work

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok I think it worked! ;-)

I created a "data" folder in server/resource and a "data" folder in client. Put the DB in them and changes took effect.
I'm looking forward to edit the Buffs also.
Is there a possibility to change the spell time for example holy aura instead of 5 seconds to 50 or so?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok I think it worked! ;-)

I created a "data" folder in server/resource and a "data" folder in client. Put the DB in them and changes took effect.
I'm looking forward to edit the Buffs also.
Is there a possibility to change the spell time for example holy aura instead of 5 seconds to 50 or so?
That`s all about "magic objects" - these are buffs and other effects like dealing damage. I` m working on it right now. I hope to release 0.2.2 tomorrow

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
===================== Zone cloning mini-tutorial =========
To clone existing zones (particulary dungeons):
- Clone template in the editor, save all (zoneobject.db)
- (Clone file to make it present both on client(Client\data\) and server(Resource\data\))
- Add new .ini for your zone at (\Server\Realm_01_Zone\) : like Zone_999.ini, where 999 - your zone`s guid (without 750xxx)
As for it contents - take any similar ini for any dungeon there as an example.
- Add string to your server controller setiings ini file (just clone one there and change zone id`s) (make sure not to copy "disabled" option :D)
- [Restart server controller]

Note that teleporting to a dungeon zone with a gm command ? zone will make you unable to leave zone with a party break. However it`s seams the only correct way to enter zone for adding/modifying objects there. If you enter zone normally (you should add triggers first) - your new objects will not be saved after you leave zone, even if you reform your party and even if you check checkbox "Save" with a Gm Tool.

I´ve got one question regarding the zones, I tried to clone a zone, but I can´t do the first step (clone the template), what do I have to enter into the searchbox? I checked the german languagepack and entered for example "Burg Sardo" which is the german version of "sardo castle" but I cant find any zone-related entry, just entering sardo also doesn´t show any result related to the zone, so what do I have to search for in order to find the template?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I´ve got one question regarding the zones, I tried to clone a zone, but I can´t do the first step (clone the template), what do I have to enter into the searchbox? I checked the german languagepack and entered for example "Burg Sardo" which is the german version of "sardo castle" but I cant find any zone-related entry, just entering sardo also doesn´t show any result related to the zone, so what do I have to search for in order to find the template?

There`re no names for zones by now, so you can only find zone by it`s guid
(which is normal zoneId + 750 000) Sardo(Normal) is 139 so search for 750139

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
v 0.2.2 is now avliable. Nearly a half of common fields for buffs are implemented now, including dots, simple damage and summoning creatures (not tested). However, there`re lots of things to add for buffs, so that I will work on v0.2.3 to finish developing buff support.

Making/editing dots and dd-skills are now reality - these things seam to work fine.
As for fields descriptions and names - you will see there`re nothing much to read :D. Actualy I haven`t yet tested 90% of them and names in the rom-client sources and csv are not that obvious to understand much. If you manage to test something and determine purpose of that or other field more or less exactly - please, post here your research results, that should be quite useful for all of us and likely I will change description&name for that field so that everyone could understand.

As for other changes:
* String names for zones (mostly english - it`s original files` issue, not mine. They seam not to store zone names in data.fdb for real; I`m using DIR_ZONEID_XXX strings for that)
* Spell names in spell collection for NPCs

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ty Very much!!! Munky only one question.

1º C:\runwalker\client\ no exist folder data
2º C:\runewalker\resource\ no exist folder data too

then need create data ? and that content must be both folders? ty

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ty Very much!!! Munky only one question.

1º C:\runwalker\client\ no exist folder data
2º C:\runewalker\resource\ no exist folder data too

then need create data ? and that content must be both folders? ty
Just create that folders.
You have to keep all .db files you save with this program in both of these folders to make evrything work properly.

I wanted to create a tool or feature to make these things automaticaly, but it`s not very obvious how to doit easily and user-friendly taking into account that server and client may (and should) be located on different machines. The last thing is true for me, because server consumes too much RAM, so I have to run client and server on 2 computers

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
so played a bit around with your tool, really great thanks again. :)

one important thing to me:
when I edit some skills and buffs I save them the DB's and everything is ok.
but when I want to edit another day more skills, I need to change the old ones again?
so everytime the DB's are "reset" when opening the data.fdb right?
do you plan any solution for this? because when I edit 100 skills for example and want 2 more next day, I had to make all previous 100 again?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
so played a bit around with your tool, really great thanks again. :)

one important thing to me:
when I edit some skills and buffs I save them the DB's and everything is ok.
but when I want to edit another day more skills, I need to change the old ones again?
so everytime the DB's are "reset" when opening the data.fdb right?
do you plan any solution for this? because when I edit 100 skills for example and want 2 more next day, I had to make all previous 100 again?
Nope, all of your changes should be loaded at the next usage. You see, I have developed my own Abbey for 50-58 levels and I did this through out all of my tool testing, so I had to restart tool uncountable times. And all of the new skills stil work and are editable and I haven`t ever recreate any of my spells.

Tool is looking for .db to load by the relative (to data.fdb) path ..\data\. So that means you have to have your .db in the data folder, that is a subfolder for a directory, which als has fdb\data.fdb file.
In my case, I have my client installed on Runewaker\RunesOfMagic. So I have data.fdb in directory RuneWaker\RunesOfMagic\fdb\. And all my *.db are on RuneWaker\RunesOfMagic\data\ (also they have copies on server with path RuneWaker\Resource\data).

It`s meant that you open that data.fdb on client or from resourse\fdb folder. If you load data.fdb from a different place and save your .db directly to client or server - so it`s obvious you will meat some problems.

however, if you do everything right, then I have no idea right now. As I said - I don`t have that issue at all. In this case - let me now, and I will try to found out.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tool is looking for .db to load by the relative (to data.fdb) path ..\data\. So that means you have to have your .db in the data folder, that is a subfolder for a directory, which als has fdb\data.fdb file.
In my case, I have my client installed on Runewaker\RunesOfMagic. So I have data.fdb in directory RuneWaker\RunesOfMagic\fdb\. And all my *.db are on RuneWaker\RunesOfMagic\data\ (also they have copies on server with path RuneWaker\Resource\data).

It`s meant that you open that data.fdb on client or from resourse\fdb folder. If you load data.fdb from a different place and save your .db directly to client or server - so it`s obvious you will meat some problems.

however, if you do everything right, then I have no idea right now. As I said - I don`t have that issue at all. In this case - let me now, and I will try to found out.

Hey MunkyCS,

Thank you for your work. :)
I load my data.fdb from C:\RuneWaker\Resource\fdb\data.fdb. My .db files are in
C:\RuneWaker\Resource\data\.....db. Is this ok? Because the tool loads the .fdb but not the things that I edited (xyz.db)

Greetings

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey MunkyCS,

Thank you for your work. :)
I load my data.fdb from C:\RuneWaker\Resource\fdb\data.fdb. My .db files are in
C:\RuneWaker\Resource\data\.....db. Is this ok? Because the tool loads the .fdb but not the things that I edited (xyz.db)

Greetings
Well, paths are okey. In case if you sure of this :D. That`s strange. The same paths work for me quite well. By the way, what version of .NET do you have? And the OS? And also you may write privately full cycle of your actions step-by-step. So edit thing, save all, restart tool and etc. Note if you clone things their GUID may be not 6 but 7 numbers length. Haven`t you rename any of .db files? You should save them with original names (case does not make sence)

v0.2.3 && v0.2.4 Released!
Please read first post please for a bit of instructions.:):

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nope, all of your changes should be loaded at the next usage. You see, I have developed my own Abbey for 50-58 levels and I did this through out all of my tool testing, so I had to restart tool uncountable times. And all of the new skills stil work and are editable and I haven`t ever recreate any of my spells.

You are right, I opened the data.fdb from a different folder.
Now I opened data.fdb from Server Resource and my test-skill is still edited. Thanks man! :D

If the client or server files were updated, are the edited DB's still compatible with new data.fdb?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You are right, I opened the data.fdb from a different folder.
Now I opened data.fdb from Server Resource and my test-skill is still edited. Thanks man! :D

If the client or server files were updated, are the edited DB's still compatible with new data.fdb?
It depends, you know. Anyway, I (or someone) would need to create a merging tool. In the case if data structures will change it will be hard to move your changes on a new version. Same story about situation, when you cloned too much new objects with 6-number length guids. They should have overlap with new ones.

Back