Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

6.4.2 Server files and code and more

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did you use the prebuilt boost binaries, if not i recommend using them then linking your visual studio to the correct include folder and lib folder, below is the link for the boost 1.55 prebuilt exes, make sure you use the correct one based on your visual studio version and also 32bit.... vs2005 = 8.0, vs2008 = 9.0, and so on...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks Lifefire for providing me with the boost link. The problem has been fixed.

Now, in order to compile each component that is in the Server folder ( ), should I include the libraries in the Libraries folder?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Only include what you need, i recommend including them in the project properties directly instead of visual studio settings that way you run into less errors with other files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Everyone here should bear in mind that in Domo's own words, every source he has released has sql injection exploits, which should be fixed if you intend to run a server. If you make a server accessible to the public, and you have not fixed these exploits, you will certainly be hacked. Read up on it, its no secret. Just a friendly caution!!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I guess everyone who doesn't attend to make money out of it don't care of Sql injections.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've updated to the 6.4.2 server files (Thank you Beardilus!) but I have a problem now. When trying to login my character does not show up on the login screen. If I create a new character it works and I am able to get in to the world, but as soon as I exit and try to log in again the new character does not show up to log in. I can see in the RoleData table the new and old characters and it shows the amount of characters on my account as correct. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Would anyone mind writing a quick summary of how to go about updating the 6.0.7 files to the 6.4.2? Ive been banging my head on this for a while, trying to build the new sources. I’m very new to VS and not sure I’m doing anything right to begin with. Thanks in advance!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If you never done anything woth ROM i recommend to start with the Turorial from Coenx

http://forum.ragezone.com/f886/guide-server-6-0-7-a-1049601/

If you have that running you can try the rest to update the 6.0.7 to 6.4x or 6.5x which beardilus offered in this thread.

Basically i just have overwritten the compiled .exe files (and dlls of course), updated fdb/wdb to version to 6.4.x or 6.5.x, and imported the 6.5.x GlobalDB.

Finetuning is the Secure RaServercontroller from Lifefire, and to adjust the raservercontroller ini with Worlds and Dungeons for your needs.

So at the end i think i have a "dirty" release, but as far as i can see its working.

I`ve seen Screenshots in this forum from others who have a completely different directory structure. Also i don't know what to do with

NonageAccountServer.exe
NonageServer.exe
Partition.exe

or

AuroraAgent.exe

I don't use these files actively. I think for my fun with the server i don't need them.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks. Looks like I'm half ways there then. I've been playing on 6.0.7 I setup on VM, but those files were all compiled already. What VS version did you use to build your exe's? I think that's where I'm stuck at. Also, when I try to add dependencies and the boost dir (that Lifefire provided) then rebuild, I still get errors saying they could not be located/found.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's what I have done as well. I used the 6.0.7 release and it was working fine. I then imported the 6.4.2 ROM_GlobalDB from Beardilus file and updated the compiled .exe and .dll files from Lifefire and I have the issue where it does not show my character so I cannot enter world. The error I get in the log DBErr_DataCenter is:
13:42:32 #Server Start#(5)13:42:47 DB Write Error SELECT Day, ZoneGroupID FROM WeekInstances(5)13:42:52 DB Write Error SELECT GroupID, ProductID, ProductCount, SourceID1, SourceID2, SourceID3, SourceID4, SourceID5, SourceCount1,SourceCount2, SourceCount3, SourceCount4, SourceCount5 FROM Table_ItemCombine(5)13:43:00 DB Write Error SELECT ZoneID , CAST( EndTime as float) , BuffID , BuffLv FROM BuffSchedule Where (StartTime < GETDATE()) and (EndTime > GETDATE()) and ( worldID=-1 or worldID = 1)(5)13:43:10 DB Write Error SELECT ZoneID , CAST( EndTime as float) , BuffID , BuffLv FROM BuffSchedule Where (StartTime < GETDATE()) and (EndTime > GETDATE()) and ( worldID=-1 or worldID = 1)(5)13:43:20 DB Write Error SELECT ZoneID , CAST( EndTime as float) , BuffID , BuffLv FROM BuffSchedule Where (StartTime < GETDATE()) and (EndTime > GETDATE()) and ( worldID=-1 or worldID = 1)(5)13:43:30 DB Write Error SELECT ZoneID , CAST( EndTime as float) , BuffID , BuffLv FROM BuffSchedule Where (StartTime < GETDATE()) and (EndTime > GETDATE()) and ( worldID=-1 or worldID = 1)(5)13:43:40 DB Write Error SELECT ZoneID , CAST( EndTime as float) , BuffID , BuffLv FROM BuffSchedule Where (StartTime < GETDATE()) and (EndTime > GETDATE()) and ( worldID=-1 or worldID = 1)

I'm not sure where the WeekInstances table is but I have dbo.Table_ItemCombine in my ROM_GlobalDB database.

Anyone able to help me? Thanks!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
See page 3, Post 42. I think beardilus gave the answer to part of this problem.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I ended up figuring it out. I had already created the extra columns needed for 6.4.2 that Beardilus posted on page 3 post 42. The issue was I was trying to use existing 6.0.7 accounts (before the new columns) and they were showing NULL on the weekinstance column. Creating new accounts (not used on 6.0.7) worked properly. If anyone else has this issue and need to fix it, just run this SQL query.

Code:
UPDATE [ROM_World].[dbo].[RoleData]
set weekinstance = CONVERT(BINARY,'')

Cheers! :D:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
First, nice update and thanks for the files Domo!

Did anybody solve the Problem, if you go past Patch 6.4.3 you cant buy stuff from vendors?
I tried that with 6.5.3 but there is an error in packet size in the server log each time I want to buy something:

_OnCliPacket NetID=0 PGCmd=703 Packet size Error?? MaxSize=14 MinSize=12 PGSize=16

I been told its due an old client.exe.
Selling is without problems, just buying.

So does anybody has this problem or can solve it?

Thanks! :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I`m not sure what you mean, but i can buy things from NPCs like Leskar Pole in Dust Devil Canyon map. Tried also the Miller ranch dude in logar and it works.

I`m using the exe which comes with the patches.

Other than that i`m running 6.5.2.2758

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeah thats what I mean.
For example in Logar or Varanas the normal weapon vendor who has these swords and cheap stuff.

well will try it with 6.5.2, thx.

I rolled back to 6.0.7 and will try to update again incl. the sql databases and binaries.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Could anyone post a link to download the files? Thanks a lot!

Back