Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

FDB Extractor

Reaction score
A unpacking and browsing tool for Runes of Magic Data-Files (FDB files).​

requires

Install Notes
Just unzip to anywhere you want and execute "FDB_Extractor2.exe" for a GUI interface.

Note: If FDBex2 isn't able to locate your Runes of Magic installation you've to manually copy "redux_runtime.dll" and "redux_nvtt.dll" to your FDBex2 Folder.

Link:

Credits: McBen

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
how to extract files .db of data.fdb ? (they are saved by default in .csv)

use : fdb_Ex2.exe -p data\ F:\rom\data.fdb

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
What tool to pack .fdb file? or create patch file.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
What tool to pack .fdb file? or create patch file.

There should be such tool in Domo's releases. To make a patch file you can simply use Inno Setup (free), Install Shield (paid) or any such programs, of course you can write your own installer on any programming language (C++ for example in visual studio or QT)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yeah, both of the tools are in the /Tools directory of some of the releases..

If you can find the 2011 source code for the engine, you can also find the real patch creation tool along with the tools to customize the launcher and use the autopatching features.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
When I extract the worldmaptable.db file from data.fdb with this extractor, it comes out with the extension .csv. and the file is corrupt. can you help me?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@mollo
So, where can I access this remover, no one helps, extractors in the forum do not work

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
well, you need to find someone who is willing to share their working extractor with you

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
mollo
Would you like to be this lucky person sir xd

He doesn't have it either. There was a thread by GigaToni from 2018 where he released a translated version of the original FDB extractor Runewaker uses but that link is dead in the water by now.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
True, might as well whip up a 64 bit client while I'm at it and fetch the latest server files directly from RW.

Back