Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] One For All x64 6.5.2 Full Release

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey, I followed everything in the first video exactly. However, when I try to open the client, I get a message saying "Can't download ClientUpdate.zip". Does anyone know what to do about this?

EDIT: Simple fix - In the shortcut properties, I accidentally put a space, so that it looked like NoCheck Version. Removing the space fixed the issue.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
You can also refer to my guide for info on how to install the OFA release. It'll be edited a bit soon anyway because I intend to remove the outdated 32bit instructions entirely, thus massively reducing the amount of text. The old version is outdated and contains the original problems from Runewaker, so there's no point in using it any longer with this new release being available.

Quick note for those looking into a portable version: one option of doing this could be Portable Virtualbox. Apparently a solution for having VMs installed on USB drives. If this can be used as a simple extract & play solution, then a proper repack without changing any database is not far off. Would still be a big one unless someone compresses it in an installer but it would work.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
me and my friends recently talked about getting back into RoM. However, going back to official servers is not really an option since the pay-to-play aspect is just not worth it. The next thought was checking for private servers or better yet hosting one on our own. Since we mainly want to check out the instances which came over the years, we decided that it would be best to make our own private server, in order to have control over how we progress through the game.

This is what brought me to this forum. Some of my friends including myself are programmers, so even if the setup is not as straight forward as some Dedicated Servers provided by some games and their studios we should be able to figure things out given the right files and tutorials. Currently, the biggest problem we are having is even finding the source files required for the hosting process. If someone has the files and video tutorials mentioned in this thread, I would be happy if someone could message me with a download link or point me towards a place where I can find them.

Also it is cool to see that people are still working on making private servers work and playing the game!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Welcome Movinghead333. It took me a few tries to find the Videos and the Installer. The first video gives you all that you need to get the server running. I am an old ROM player from Govinda and running a server brought back some great memories. I had everything up and running in a morning including item shop. I turn on just the zones that i am using to save resources. If i can find dl links that are still working i will let you know.

https://mega.nz/file/glU3XQDA#217qilq3EMCOeq0znN--IMG_LtO5bGAfAtX10xGenZw

Videos 1 - 7

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Welcome Movinghead333. It took me a few tries to find the Videos and the Installer. The first video gives you all that you need to get the server running. I am an old ROM player from Govinda and running a server brought back some great memories. I had everything up and running in a morning including item shop. I turn on just the zones that i am using to save resources. If i can find dl links that are still working i will let you know.

Videos 1 - 7

Better yet, you can save a hell lot of time by referring to my guide available in the tutorials section. If you are familiar with SQL setups, you can already skip step 1 of the guide anyway. For the files, refer to this link:

Bypassing the 5GB limit requires their desktop program unfortunaly. While the download is active, reset your router connection and it's gonna resume. That's how I did it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Videos 1 - 7

Thank you for sharing the videos as it seems a friend of mine has found a link to the source files which I am currently downloading. It is taking forever since there are download-limits on megaupload but hopefully those are the right ones and we can start the setup-process soon. If the files are working, I can share the link I got aswell.

Oh I am sorry I missed your post before answering to the previous one, which provided the link to the videos. Thank you for providing a link to the files, that seems to be the link my friend sent me, so he probably did not miss your post like I did. I have done some SQL and I will try your guide thank you for the recommendation. I will also try your tip for skipping the 5GB limit on mega, thanks again for information :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If you have VM experience as well, you could try the whole thing in a Virtualbox Portable VM. Work prevents me from having enough time to do that myself but if this works out, we'd achieve the ultimate goal of an extract & play repack.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello! Is it possible to connect to the server from a another network? Everything works inside the local network. The ports are open, there is an external ip. When connecting, the status of the server is visible, but then writes about the firewall error.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Might wanna hit up Litefire about it. The guy even made a server monitor with security features for the purpose of live servers.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I made a written transcript based on the first ROM video about configuring the server from start to finish. I could post that up if the video creator does not mind me referencing their content.

Looking for the USB drive i saved it to, so will check at work tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If you have VM experience as well, you could try the whole thing in a Virtualbox Portable VM. Work prevents me from having enough time to do that myself but if this works out, we'd achieve the ultimate goal of an extract & play repack.
I am currently working with an Ubuntu 20.04 VM setup in VirtualBox at work, so I have some experience regarding VMs however setting up the files would most likely only work on a Windows VM if I am not mistaken, which I have not worked with yet.
For now, I will try to get everything working on my local Windows machine at home first. When I get everything up and running, I can give putting everything inside a VM a shot. Another way that just came to my mind is maybe setting everything up inside a Windows-based docker-image, which when correctly setup can then just be run as a container locally or better yet be hosted on something like AWS and the like. Currently, those are just thoughts and I do not know when I get around to trying those out as I am relatively busy with University and work, but I will post updates as soon as there is anything worth sharing.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'm using a Windows 2016 Server on an simple VM player. This works pretty good, and if i import something or test something i easy can just copy the folder where the machine is in it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I am currently working with an Ubuntu 20.04 VM setup in VirtualBox at work, so I have some experience regarding VMs however setting up the files would most likely only work on a Windows VM if I am not mistaken, which I have not worked with yet.
For now, I will try to get everything working on my local Windows machine at home first. When I get everything up and running, I can give putting everything inside a VM a shot. Another way that just came to my mind is maybe setting everything up inside a Windows-based docker-image, which when correctly setup can then just be run as a container locally or better yet be hosted on something like AWS and the like. Currently, those are just thoughts and I do not know when I get around to trying those out as I am relatively busy with University and work, but I will post updates as soon as there is anything worth sharing.

I advise against that. Because in a VM, you can use snapshots to instantly revert changes which isn't as easy outside VMs. And besides, if you run the same win10 pro as you do on the host, you have no difference between host and guest. Unless I missed something there.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I advise against that. Because in a VM, you can use snapshots to instantly revert changes which isn't as easy outside VMs. And besides, if you run the same win10 pro as you do on the host, you have no difference between host and guest. Unless I missed something there.

I guess having a VM would be easier for development, patching and debugging purposes, than somehow getting into a running container and changing things in there.

I am almost done with setting up the server on my local machine. Using the files included in the OneForAll.zip and by watching the first of the seven videos made by Mupu I was able to get everything up and running locally in about two hours. Just wanted to mention that the whole setup process worked flawlessly and that you guys do a great job in collecting and sharing all the resources required and documenting the setup process. One of the things I noticed after starting everything up and connecting with a local client, is that the itemshop is missing in the restored dbs. However Janebug provided a simple fix via a bunch of sql-queries here on the forums which also worked first try and restored the itemshop. Again I am just mentioning this since as a programmer I am not used to things going so smoothly :D

Currently I am working on hosting the server publicly, so my friends can connect from anywhere. I have been playing around with some of the config.ini files and I was able to get a connection over the internet via a network-tunnel using hamachi. This however obviously requires hamachi and is currently limited by the default free-tier size of a hamachi network which is only five people including myself. Maybe additional networks in hamachi can be created to bypass this limit, however this is no the optimal solution to the problem.

Ideally, hosting would happen over my external IP-address and not over some address given by hamachi. I have looked into the secure server controller and monitor provided by Lifefire, however I have not quite understood whether this is intended for multiple people accessing the server-controller via monitors for administration/developing purposes or if it is meant for publicly hosting a server. I am no expert in networking and only know the basics, so if someone could explain the next steps in terms of hosting or point me to a source where I can read up on it, I would be more than happy.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'll be digging out my old PC for a bit of file recovery soon. Got a neatly sorted RA controller xml on it where I spent the time sorting all existing zones based on continent. Didn't include 7.X zones because in my book, 7.X doesn't exist. The game ended at 6.5.2.

Back