Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] One For All x64 6.5.2 Full Release

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here. Nice to meet you all :)

Can someone tell me how to connect to the server from a different pc (local)?
I assume I have to change the client IP under Runewaker\Resource\RuneDev.ini to the Local Ip of the PC where the server is running.
Then open the tcp port 21002 on my router directing to the server and on the PCs firewall.
Am I missing something? The client tries to connect to the ip/port after typing username and password,
but I'm getting an error message. (It's working if I use the same machine for client and server).

Any help would be appreciated!

Mupu - [RELEASE] One For All x64 6.5.2 Full Release - RaGEZONE Forums

Mupu - [RELEASE] One For All x64 6.5.2 Full Release - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you very much for helping :)
Thanks to the tread I found my problem (Didn't replace "Switch.exe" and "Proxy.exe")

Here is the complete config you need if you want to play using a client that is not on the same machine as your server
(Setup should already work with client and server on the same machine before doing this).

Config with example IP (server)

Client:
- RuneDev.ini -> Ip=192.168.178.70 (Ip of the pc where your server is running)

Server:
- ServerListIP_Outside = 0.0.0.0
(Will let your client connect to the server list. 0.0.0.0 will accept all clients. You can also use a specific IP instead.)
- SwitchIP_Outside = 192.168.178.70 (The IP of the server instead of localhost/127.0.0.1)
- ProxyIP_Outside = 192.168.178.70 Don't forget port forwarding to your server (On your router and servers firewall).

Don't forget port forwarding to your server (on your router and servers firewall).

Btw. one of my PCs has consent mouse flickering ingame if full screen is applied. Window mode works fine. Does someone had the same problem?
Not sure if it is a win 11 problem because this is the only machine with win 11.
Will try to find a solution later but if someone knows how to fix it let me know.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You have to open the following ports from the modem interface and firewall. You must enter the world ip address in the Global.ini files.
21002, 16402, 16401

Mythic Archon
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure for Mupus x64 release you dont need to change the switch.exe and proxy.exe.
If server is in LAN then all will be OK :)
If server is behind ROUTER and client connect using External IP address then need to fix switch and proxy.

Example:
Server LAN IP 192.168.1.10 <- Client set in INI with that IP all will be OK
Server EXT IP 87.x.x.x <- Client set in INI with that IP (on server side need fix that in switch and proxy)

My server like i say some times ago is behind ROUTER and Hardware Firewall so I was unable to connect with the server using my EXT IP, till I did not change switch and proxy.

So if any one have plan to open some nice server will need change switch and proxy.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'm using Hamatchi, my server worked from the outside from the get go. I'm still sure i didnt had to change the proxy or switch

On the old 32-Bit release you had to use patched proxy and switch

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to connect to the server (behind a router) if the router has a variable IP? Don't want to manually change the IP on the clients so does anyone has a good solution for this? Any help would be appreciated :)

Btw does anyone know how to use the GM command "Teleport to name (zone)" if the name is split by a space? Tried multiple things like "" '' <> etc. but couldn't get it to work.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
..or use hamachi.its free for 5 members.

Disadavantage: if anyone wants to connect he has to install hamachi.

I tried indeed no-ip some years ago and it wasnt working. Could be i made something wrong though.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
..or use hamachi.its free for 5 members.

Disadavantage: if anyone wants to connect he has to install hamachi.

I tried indeed no-ip some years ago and it wasnt working. Could be i made something wrong though.

same like hamchi but still free with unlimited users .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for all your advises!
I already made some researches before asking and also read about dynamic dns as a possible solution but I didn't know if it would work or if there is something else.
So instead of the IP the client has to insert the hostname under RuneDev.ini?

I just added the ddns (no-ip) to my router and changed the localhost IP to the hostname of the ddns under RuneDev.ini and everything is still working. Have to test it from a different network later but for now it seems to work.
@Mageoski Maybe your Port forwarding didn't work probably?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lol, apparently it was not that easy..
It works fine if you use the ddns address if you are in the same network but not if you are outside of it^^
I made some testing and it looks like the client is able to finds the server and the correct ServerList if the ddns is used, but can't connect to the switch/proxy.
The problem seem to be port related.

21002 (ServerList) will appear as open, but 16401 (Switch) and 16402 (Proxy) will appear as closed.
If you use 0.0.0.0 for 16401/16402 instead of the local IP or ddns the ports will appear as open, but of curse it doesn't work like this.

Does anyone have an idea why they appear as closed if I use my ddns address?
@Lifefire Did you have any similar problem?

Edit:
The "port checker" tool will also say "open" for all three Ports if I use my local IP for Switch/Proxy. That's why the ddns worked if I used it on the same network, because it only uses the ddns address for the serverlist, but the switch/proxy uses the returns the local IP (shown in the LogList.txt of the client).
Don't really understand why my Ports only show as open for my local IP but not my global.

Last edited:
Mythic Archon
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Lol, apparently it was not that easy..
It works fine if you use the ddns address if you are in the same network but not if you are outside of it^^
I made some testing and it looks like the client is able to finds the server and the correct ServerList if the ddns is used, but can't connect to the switch/proxy.
The problem seem to be port related.

21002 (ServerList) will appear as open, but 16401 (Switch) and 16402 (Proxy) will appear as closed.
If you use 0.0.0.0 for 16401/16402 instead of the local IP or ddns the ports will appear as open, but of curse it doesn't work like this.

Does anyone have an idea why they appear as closed if I use my ddns address?
@Lifefire Did you have any similar problem?

Edit:
The "port checker" tool will also say "open" for all three Ports if I use my local IP for Switch/Proxy. That's why the ddns worked if I used it on the same network, because it only uses the ddns address for the serverlist, but the switch/proxy uses the returns the local IP (shown in the LogList.txt of the client).
Don't really understand why my Ports only show as open for my local IP but not my global.

Man i have no idea what are you taking about, what DDNS if you don't have fixed Switch and Proxy exe then nothing will help you.
My P-server is behind Router and hardware Firewall and I don't have any problem to connect with the server using my External IP or from any other IP on the globe.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Man i have no idea what are you taking about, what DDNS if you don't have fixed Switch and Proxy exe then nothing will help you.
My P-server is behind Router and hardware Firewall and I don't have any problem to connect with the server using my External IP or from any other IP on the globe.
The "fixed" Switch/Proxy are not for version 6.5.2. I know you had the same problem and are using the same version since you wrote it in a different post, but you also said that you don't remember how you fixed it. So this doesn't really help me.

So if anyone knows I still want to understand why the Port Forwarding is changing it's behavior from open/closed depending on the IP used in the config.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What shadow means is you need to find and download the switch and proxy exe files on this forum for launching your server behind a router, the ones i made should work for 6.5, i do not work on this anymore though since i have ported most to ue5 so i cannot really provide more support than the files i already made

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
i do not work on this anymore though since i have ported most to ue5 so i cannot really provide more support than the files i already made

Wutt? You have ported Runes of Magic to Unreal Engine 5 ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What shadow means is you need to find and download the switch and proxy exe files on this forum for launching your server behind a router, the ones i made should work for 6.5, i do not work on this anymore though since i have ported most to ue5 so i cannot really provide more support than the files i already made
If you mean this post:
https://forum.ragezone.com/f885/release-fix-for-questexprate-and-1164364/
Where you wrote wrote:
Post fully revised and expanded, this is only for servers running 6.4.2.This is not for lower versions!
I have also included custom Switch and Proxy exe files so that no ones needs to worry about launching from behind a router or not, see the new Global setting below.
Not sure if the Proxy/Switch should work independent of the rest or not, but at least they won't start if I just replace the two on version "6.5.2 Full Release".

Edit: Probably won't work if I don't use the new Global.ini since it manages the new setting^^
Do you remember what's the minimum on required files to make this work? I try to avoid DB changes for easier compatibility to other work.

If I will find this in source code I will post "if"if not I will post fixed switch and proxy, are will be happy with this?
This would help a lot, so of course I would be happy with this! :)

Last edited:
Back