Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] One For All x64 6.5.2 Full Release

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Ah ok, so it was randomly to release it now. Was just wondering that it happens now where the 64 Bit is public. :D

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Can someone share the files in 5GB parts via sharepoint or mega? GDrive recently added copying to their quota, which makes the host useless now for frequent downloads.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for this release and all help.
I have a short question regarding patch level. Up to which Patch level can we go with these files?
And also DBs and LUAs are maybe higher than 6.5.2?
Does anybody have tested a higher version?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
The included text file doesn't clarify it but how is this release to be treated exactly? I have an existing 6.4.2 32bit installation with databases and wish to migrate to 6.5.2 64bit completely. How do I do that? Simply remove the old Runewaker folder and replace it with the new one?

And how do I maintain my characters and their progress in the databases when migrating to the newer 6.5.2 ones?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I recommend doing what i am doing, im combining my 6.4.2 with 6.5.2 so i can keep my changes and database format without changing the entire thing

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
How do I do that? Simply remove the old Runewaker folder and replace it with the new one?

Therotically this should work since the Sql-database is the same. One of the advantages of Mupus database is, that its cleaner than the old one. (But shouldn't be a problem for home use). i also mounted the old database with the new files for testing purposes.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im doing it at the source code level because there are several thing i dont like about the new build, dont get me wrong, im very grateful for the release. I just am used to a certain file and code structure

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Im doing it at the source code level because there are several thing i dont like about the new build, dont get me wrong, im very grateful for the release. I just am used to a certain file and code structure

Speaking for myself also i am the same way is why i hate it the way the source is for the client ... missing thinks and not showing things as a normal player would see...

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I recommend doing what i am doing, im combining my 6.4.2 with 6.5.2 so i can keep my changes and database format without changing the entire thing

Can you go into specifics with that? I've got the database .bak files and their respective *_data.sql files in the 6.5.2 release and the old 6.4.2 databases are still installed and functioning in my SQLEXPRESS instance.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I literally am going through the source code 1 file at a time and only taking the changes i want and adding them to my 6.4.2 source, once i get to the database i will do the same thing there as well

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Must have mistaken something then. Thought you meant combining the 6.4.2 database with the 6.5.2 one. The 6.4.2 release also has a SaveRoleData command built in which outputs a .rda file in the documents folder. Do you have experience with that? I want to check what's stored in that file exactly.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will get to the SQL database merging tomorrow if everything builds correctly tonight, as for the .rda file i have never tested it's functionality but i just reviewed the code for it and it appears to be a way to manually backup and restore a character's data. i do not know if it works though since i cant test it right now

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
The dbo.RoleData table does store inventory, quest history and progress as binary data alongside regular numbers for appearance, skill levels, location, login date. the .rda file containing the numbers would be a no-brainer but I don't know if the binary data is stored too. Guess what I could try is loading it from a second account and see what happens.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
As for the Character-Copy like function from 6.4.2 release, how is it working ? And what to do with the .RDA file afterwards ? This sounds interesting.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Can't say the release works as it should on my end. Not sure about others, but for me most NPCs have no dialogue. I did talk to one NPC just after entering Silverspring as a level 1 GM class character, but then every other NPC I talked to showed the same dialogue. Also, there's no tutorial popup when first entering the game after creating a new character.

What's it like for others?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
For me its working 100%, i even made A LOT OF Quests, also tutorial is working as it should.

But i used the mupu database at the end. I tried the old database from the 6.4.2 release and it also seemed to work fine, but i tried no further.

The release for itself works like a charme.

Normally you dont need the Setup-Video from mupu, but maybe use it for first install.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
After some help from Beer and a couple pubes I ripped out in a fit of frustration, I figured out the issues that were present:

1. NPCs having no dialogue: the luascript folder was not in the Resource folder. I forgot that I had this folder in my old server's Resource folder too. This is what loads dialogues, options and such.

2. Monitor services crashing: credit for this stunt goes to my antivirus which simply deleted a couple exe files from the Server folder. I added Runewaker as an exception and that prevented it from happening a second time.

3. RA Controller service vanishing: Also AV giving me the stinkeye.

As for the client failing to connect to the server before and making the monitor crash, I'm clueless. But I had two successful connection attempts with a PC reboot in between now. So I assume this won't happen again either.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So nobody can tell me what Patch Level we can go? ;-)
I dont want to go to far and start from scartch. Just curious to which zone the Bins and DBs are working.

Thanks

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Well, with this release you can't use any patch from gameforge because of the use of the FDBs with new structure. It simply won't work.

You need at least new FDBs (except interface and data.fdb if i remember right). Look around, you can get them.

You can have (more or less) at least all the Chapter VII Content, BUT...the real content stops at Tasuq because the .Luas stop over there, they are not shared. Means, you can have all the maps with mobs, also instances with mobs (and some of the mirrorworlds)and bosses, BUT no boss scripts, so the bosses just hit but have no skills at all.

With help of some mates here i now have the best i can get (no sql knowledge, no .lua knowledge ^^), with latest Maps/instances/Stats online, but not really playable beginning at enoch, and mostly no NPCs, Quest etc.

Chapter VII - [RELEASE] One For All x64 6.5.2 Full Release - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back