Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] 6.5.2 One For All 64bit Server Setup

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Runes of Magic Server Setup

Due to the availability of the 64bit OFA release, this guide underwent some editing and is no longer useful for the old 32bit release. I won't be giving advice with the latter anymore either and instead recommend to use the 64bit release instead. The setup is much simpler as new people and those acquainted with this guide will notice.

Important note: This guide assumes that you have no SQL instance installed. If you do and are unfamiliar with SQL, I advise that you remove it and any SQL related components such as server browser and drivers using the control panel to ensure that the process will go smoothly. I should have added this from the very beginning because I myself spent a few days doing the SQL setup over and over due to unclean removal and errors. Do not touch the registry though. It's not needed for a fresh SQL installation.

Special Thanks:
- Mupu for providing and the unknown crazy guy for making the x64 client possible.
- Drewww for the crucial information the 6.0.7 author failed to include
- Janebug for putting the effort into updating the 6.5.2 databases with 7.4.0 content in his thread.

1. SQL Installation

In this step, I used SQL Express 2019. Download the Express installer from Microsoft and upon running, select “download media” to download the setup files. Once finished, navigate to the SQLEXPR_x64_DEU/ENU (whatever language you chose) folder and start the SETUP.exe file.

In the installation center, select Installation on the left and pick the topmost option to install a new SQL Server instance. Proceed to click next and if it shows a warning from Windows Firewall, ignore it. It showed one for me and at the time of writing this, I’ve got my character on the server sitting around.

Now for an important part:
When reaching Instance config, make sure it’s a named instance, not standard.
Once you reach Server configuration, change the accountname from NTService\MSSQL$instancename to NT\AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. Otherwise, the installation will fail later on because the startup or recovery handle are missing. Simply click the dropdown button on the field, select Search… and type in system and click “check name”. This will find the SYSTEM account name.
Leave the rest of the settings at default and begin the installation.

Once this is done, install SQL Server Management Studio next. I downloaded version 18.4 (2019) at the time of writing this guide and used it. The installation process is straightforward here, no need for customized settings outside the default. Upon starting it, select the dropdown button on the Server name field and browse for more. A tree menu will show up with the topmost option being Database Engine. This is where the SQL instance you installed before will show up. For me, it shows up as USER-PC\SQLEXPRESS. This is why making it a named instance is important. The server’s DataCenter process needs this specific structure, although I don’t know exactly why. I made the mistake to use a standard instance before which made the setup fail.

Connect with Windows Authentication and navigate to Security > Logins and create a user named “romuser”. Uncheck “enforce password expiration” and “user must change password at next login” and input a password of your choice. Keep the password in mind or write it down, it’s gonna be needed again later. Select the pages Server Roles and User Mapping and tick every box there is. I don’t know if this is precisely required but Drewww’s instructions listed this step anyway. Click ok, rightclick the account and open the Properties again. Now navigate to Securables and tick every box in the Grant column and click ok again.

Now rightclick the SQL instance name itself and open the Properties of that. Select the Security page and change authentication from “Windows” to “SQL and Windows”. Click ok and this covers the SQL setup.

2. Database Installation

Instead of installing databases from scratch, you will be restoring them from backups. Rightclick the Databases folder within your SQL instance and select Restore Database. In the following window, select the three dots, then click Add and navigate to SQL\databases in the 64Bit folder where the .bak files are located. ObjEdit is not required but optional. Select a database backup to add it, click OK and restore it. Repeat this for all of the five databases. Restoring them all at once will put everything in a single database which will not work.

As the last step, click “New Query” and create your first ingame account by running this in a new query:
Code:
INSERT INTO [ROM_Account].[dbo].[PlayerAccount]
([Account_ID],[Password],[IsMd5Password],[IsAutoConvertMd5])
VALUES
('accountname','password',0,1)
GO

I would save this query and use it for creating other accounts if needed. This should cover the SQL and database side of the whole setup.

3. Gameserver Installation

Rightclick the install.bat file located in the server controller folder and run it as admin to install the RA controller service.

Open the RAPasswordEncode.exe found in Runewaker\Tools as well because this is needed now. In the username field add “romuser” and in the password field add the password you used for the romuser account during the SQL installation. Press the “Generate” button to encode the chosen password.

In this new release, there is only one Global.ini remaining as the structure of the Server folder was simplified. Only change the SQL instance to yours and add the encoded password. If you migrate from 32Bit, you can copy the SQL instance and encoded password from your old Global.ini file. Editing the PlayerCenter.ini is not required for this release. It already comes with a functioning encoded and working password, so the following step can be skipped.

4. Server start

Starting is simpler with the new release as well. Open your task manager, select the Services tab and check if RAServerController is running already. If not, start it via right click. After that, start the server monitor and begin by starting the Services group. Then start the zones of your choice.

5. Client start

If you do not want to keep the client in the same folder as the server, copy the entire Resource folder to a new location and rename it to RoM client or anything else of choice. In the original Resource folder, remove everything except for the fdb, wdb and luascript folders. Create a shortcut of the client.exe file and add NoCheckVersion at the end of its target line. Then proceed with launching the client from the shortcut and logging in as usual.

6. Useful tips and tricks

Here I will be listing different useful things I find over time or which others find.

Fix for being unable to create characters due to "System Error" showing when clicking the "Confirm" button, found by Reaperman
Open the properties of your romuser account in SSMS and change the default language to "English - us_english".

I tried this myself just now and I was able to create characters again after that.

Edit rates:
open the ROM_World database and navigate to the WorldConfigTable. Rightclick and select “Edit top 200 rows”. This is where the server rates are stored. I suggest changing EXP from 1500 to a lower value or else the damn tutorial quest kicks you to level 5 right away.

Enable GM rights:
Navigate to RoleData_account in ROM_World and select “Edit top 200 rows” again. Change the ManageLv value of the desired account to 13 to make it a GM account. As for commands, I’ll test it ingame and update this.

The client always starts up with GM rights and AttackFlag enabled by default. Open the new GM config tool and select its Config tab if you wish to disable the automatic AttackFlag which causes enemies to ignore you if enabled. This tool also lists all available commands.

Stuck on "Seagull in a Cage" (epic quest, Tergothen Bay) because the cage is empty? Try this. Credits to Mageoski.
? Questflag 424514 1 was my solution. ( I marked "seagull in a cage" as finished. And boom, Callaway columne is there.

Search for variables and tables in databases easily:
Get ApexSQL:
After installing, select the database you want to search and select the "Go to object" button on the toolbar.

List of SkillValue variables in dbo.RoleData:
Credits to CDWriter for finding the variables on the weapon skills 1 to 15
SkillValue1 = Unarmed Max-270
SkillValue2 = One-Handed Sword Max-210
SkillValue3 = Dagger skill Max-270
SkillValue4 = Wand Max=130
SkillValue5 = 1-H Axe Max-130
SkillValue6 = 1-H Hammer Max-130
SkillValue7 = 2-H Sword Max-130
SkillValue8 = Staff Max-130
SkillValue9 = 2-H Axe Max-130
SkillValue10 = 2-H Hammer Max-130
SkillValue11 = Polearm Max-130
SkillValue12 = Bow Skill Max-260
SkillValue13 = Crossbow Max-260
SkillValue14 = Gun Max-260
SkillValue15 = Physical Defense Max-210

SkillValue 16-21 = crafting professions.

SkillValue 22-25 = gathering professions.

SkillValue 26 = Gardening.

Unlimited upgrade items:
The following items have no cast time and enhance your gear up to +20.

240233 = Unlimited Attribute cleaner
209581 = Unlimited Weapon enchanting
209582 = Unlimited Armor enchanting
209583 = Unlimited Accessory enchanting
209584 = Unlimited Wings enchanting
209585 = Unlimited Driller

(hopefully) complete list of GM Item IDs:
Below is a very large list of item IDs vasa555 compiled in 2017. I haven't tried all of them myself yet but I saved them regardless.
200006 = tool
200006 info = tool

201368 = Event NPC Summoning Book
201368 info = Using this NPC will gain experience, m, falls and reduce debt.

202689 = Profession change
202689 info = Using this will change your crafting profession.

205418 = Profession change
205418 info = Using this will change your crafting profession.

202194 info = Call of product-set of skills dispatch NPC.

205968 = Boss LVL 1 - 4 Box Call
205968 info = Using this will cause various bosses til 50 LVL (requires class GM).

205957 = Elite Skill Book
205957 info = Allows you to get or clear all the elite skills.

204512 = certificate Magic Cavy
204512 info = Increases Magic Cavy 100% chance.

203477 = certificate Golden Magic Cavy
203477 info = Increases Gold Cavy 100% chance decreases PetEvent time 3 min.

203575 = Monster Party Call
203575 info = Causes a group of monsters and bosses.

200015 = Bosses Call
200015 info = Summons "The Queen", "Dragon" or "robot".

201102 = SavePosition teleport rune
201102 info = This item was supposed to use the teleport (disappears after).

201103 = SavePosition entry point
201103 info = This item is used to record the current position.

201104 = SavePosition teleport
201104 info = Use this option to teleport to the stored position.

201446 = SavePosition group entry point
201446 info = This item is used to record the current position.

201104 = SavePosition group teleport
201104 info = Use this option to teleport to the stored position.

201145 = ClassChange
201145 info = Use show dialogue ClassChange (disappears after).

201155 = Set killed Course
201155 info = Use to set the speed of dead player.

202878 = Bomb_ 01
202878 info = This option allows you to place a bomb, which would have been fired.

202900 = LvlUp potion
202878 info = Use this option to make the 9 LVL.

204225 = Reset Time Pet Merge
204225 info = Use this option to reset the next time the merger animals.

208303 = Plants meet

208304 = Vegetable Plants

208305 = Plants Herbs

240234 = GM charming package
240234 info = extract package to receive unlimited charming items.

209581 = Unlimited weapon enchanting

209585 = Unlimited driller

240215 = Unlimited Goldhammer

240216 = Unlimited Binding lift

240217 = Unlimited Weapon bad enchanting

240218 = Unlimited Armor bad enchanting

240231 = Unlimited Accessory bad enchanting

240232 = Unlimited Wings bad enchanting

Useful GM Commands for macros found by starwars1:
? killid %t_id = kill target
? full = instant self healing
? attackflag = make NPCs ignore you
? skillfull = upgrade all weapon skills to maximum
? cardfull = fills the card compendium completely
? changejob = open the class change window. Helpful for quickly changing in the middle of nowhere
? resetcoldown = the typo apparently is intentional, thanks RW... resets all skill cooldowns back to 0.

Profession certificate IDs compiled by Metallicana974:

This list is in the same order as the professions displayed ingame when pressing Y (default bind). Level the skill to the respective cap and then add the certificate via
Code:
/gm ? give ID
to raise the cap.

VWQGQJC - [Guide] 6.5.2 One For All 64bit Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

Collection of useful and fun SQL scripts and ingame macros by Drewww from 2015

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I only have what's provided there myself, I don't know any places where the source code could be found.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I would wait for Suppo to confirm whether or not he performed the table fix himself.

Edit: Doesn't look like it. Is it safe to put all that into one .sql file and run it in SSMS?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Seeing as it affects more than one database, it would be easiest to wrap it all in a single query. But I don't know how to assign the individual queries to their respective database in a single query. If someone else knows, I'd be delighted to know. I'm surprised this wasn't even mentioned in the 6.4.2 files thread by who uploaded the files.

Edit:
After looking through the tables, I noticed that most of what you posted actually is already added. Would be nice to get a changelog from Suppo about how he altered the .sql files from their original state.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you ill give it a try in the near future if i have time and can finally play this privat with friends.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
It's a setup for a local server. I'm not sure which exact steps you have to take to bring it online. However, if your plan is to go online, you should take a look at the secure RAController/Monitor over in the Release subforum once you got used to this setup.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Your trolling attempt is a little too obvious there. I don't mean to come across as elitist or uptight right now but you won't find a RoM setup guide more detailed and descriptive than mine here.

It covers every step I took myself, which is based on the information I mentioned near the very top. The .sql file order was taken over from the old 6.0.7 guide. In fact, if you read through the whole SQL step, you will notice that I did point out some things neither Drewww, nor Coenx did.
For example, the named instance instead of standard and why that is important. I spent almost half a week doing nothing but going through the stupid SQL instance setup because it kept erroring on multiple ends and I can assure you there are not nearly as many blank fields as you make it out to be.

I'm not sure if the fact that you react so overly sensitive to criticism on your instructions is amusing or concerning. And if your post was indeed reported, it was likely someone else. I don't report anything here because I hardly take insults personal enough.

Although, technically my guide is just a longer version of the one from Beatraxz, who already gave a bunch of detail himself. I mainly expanded it by the SQL setup (whereas he assumes this has been completed at the time of reading his guide) and changed the order of steps (he does server setup > database install > client while I do database install > server setup > client).

Personally, I think it's better seperated if you first install SQL and do the database setup before moving on to the gameserver and client preps.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you again it's working all atm so far
This was easy to setup with this guide and some knowledge from 6.0.7 in the past and other games.

I can't say too much but for now the only cherry on top would be the possibility to get a 64bit Client working with it. The crashes are insane in Varanas even with me as a single person (i thought back in the days on the Original server thats because there are so many people)
&
And is there a possibility to enable a Dungeon/Raid Buff harsh example 50% Damage increase 50% more Defense so you can play those with 2 men?
(Mage/Priest Knight/Warrior)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
A 64 bit client would be a godsend. The crashes happen due to the game having a problem with using memory correctly from what I remember from the past. That and the stuttering in very detailed areas such as cities. It only gets worse once you reach the Thunderhoof Hills.

As for the buff, I don't know if any such exists. But you can make your character pretty damn overpowered with the ingame upgrade system.

209581 = Unlimited Weapon enchanting
209585 = Unlimited Driller

Here are the GM upgrade items. They have no cast time and with the "`? give" command you can add them to your inventory. Then, if you have ItemPreview 2 installed (if you don't, head to Curseforge and grab it), open that and search for manastones. Pick the T20 ones and slap them on all the items you want to upgrade. If you go out of your way to add stats as well, you could probably make a character at level 30 powerful enough to solo the Forsaken Abbey. The most powerful set at that level range should be the top secret records one.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
And is there a possibility to enable a Dungeon/Raid Buff harsh example 50% Damage increase 50% more Defense so you can play those with 2 men?
(Mage/Priest Knight/Warrior)

I think this isn't really well possible. I played on original server till vale of rites, and most of the instances are simply not designed for 2 men, especially the raids. Sure you can do them with overpowered chars, but its not challenging nor exciting.

There was a project going on "Runes of Magic" Solo, where someone was changing bosses and skills so that you can do them solo, and still challenging (even the raids afair). But i dunno if this project was going any further.

And for the 64 Bit Client...i don't think Gamers4life will share this, because they are giving the possibility to buy diamonds and VIP Stuff. So they are makling money out of the game. No reason to share 64 Bit Code. I don't know if others havee something similar.

apart from that i took my hat off of to the programmers of gamers4life. They programmed something that runewaker never had done, lol. Great work.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I take it most of their client is encrypted or otherwise hard to reverse engineer?

And turning RoM into a truly solo-able experience would require editing nearly all bosses past level 50. I remember the last boss from the hall of survivors which requires all six members spread out on different colored gates and interacting with them in a correct order to prevent a nuke skill or ragemode from happening.

The later instances focused more and more on teamwork outside the classic Tank/DD/Healer role constellation. Then you have to consider the fact that debuffs don't work on bosses. You can't stun or silence them whatsoever and their attack range is too big to move out even if you could stun them.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
In the time of dalanis there were some runewaker fails for instances, like dungeon of dalanis where mages could indeed stun the first boss and solo him easily (ok, apart of that the instance never was quite good). They fixed that later.
Hall of survivors sixth and seventh boss werte with colours, and andaphelmor on level was a really, really hard thing. Same for guldamor, which was a long time a insctance stopper for weak guilds.
And someone remembers zarth and koyu who were the first who solod treasure trove on level (and on level i mean really on level at that times). Awesome!
Great Times!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Let's not forget the scout cooldown "bug" Frogster even showcased at the Gamescom when it was just introduced. The infamous feature that made the Warnorken arena a scout-only instance where no others were allowed by most groups. And the majority of scrutinizer junkies who rather took only P2W players to nuke bosses in five seconds instead of playing instances the way they were designed.

Haven't seen anything past Kalin from the inside myself very often. Each instance up to Grafu castle only once as a dead weight mage but nothing past that.

Edit:
quick changelog: added a list of GM items to the first post.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I remember that times also when groups were farming mage stats. Global Chat was like "DD for Warnorken, no mages". Very frustating times.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
[STRIKE]Hi there, there is a way to change the language of the client we have dl here ?[/STRIKE]
Nevermind i found out,
I want to thank's you, your guide is well clear to understand.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
[STRIKE]Hi there, there is a way to change the language of the client we have dl here ?[/STRIKE]
Nevermind i found out,
I want to thank's you, your guide is well clear to understand.

Thanks for the reminder, I actually forgot that I wanted to add that part as well

Edit:
completely selfish request: could a mod unpin the old 6.0.7 guide and pin this updated one instead? This is meant as a full replacement for the old one after all.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Seems i have a little issue, everything is fine but when i log off the level of my character is back to 1...
have to look if i did something wrong ><"... Any idee ?

Back