Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] 6.5.2 One For All 64bit Server Setup

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
That is a new one to me... Have you checked the dbo.RoleData table in your ROM_World database? I'm no SQL dev but my first guess is the server isn't updating the table correctly.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well i don't know anything about sql too so i'm in the dark... (when u create a caracter in the creation page it show he is lvl 1, when log off u see he is back to lvl 0)
From what i see,the server update the roledata table correctly it also log when we lvl up in the dbo.LevelLog
Soo right now i'm kinda lost xD

edit: Logoff with a lvl32 it show 32 in the table, log again and log off it change to lvl 1
So i guess it have a reading issue ?

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
The guide explains how to set up the databases and tables in great detail. After that, you should be comfortable enough in SSMS to at least open the table. I always do that with rightclick > "edit top 200 rows". The changing rates tip has that bit of info too I think.

But that issue didn't even occur in the old 6.0.7 times. I'm just as lost on that. The server boots up correctly, you can log in and do stuff, so the connection to the database is definitely there. Read the part with the romuser account again and carefully check all pages I instructed to check on the account's properties. Remember, after creating it and setting its roles, you had to open the properties again to reach the Securables page.

Maybe also keep SSMS running and check the roledata table where you can see your character's level. Take note of that level and then do a levelup ingame (I'd do it without the setvalue command, just in case. Like an experience sphere or such). Once you did that levelup, click the refresh button in SSMS (left side where you see your database tree, where it shows the connect/disconnect buttons. Tiny icon) and check the roledata table again to see if the level has changed

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
this is making me crazy xD
The refresh doesn't seem refresh
I'm going to redo everything and maybe but that in c: instead of e: (even if i check multiple time where it need to be changed)
We'll see if that work ><"

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised of that was the case, since I failed with doing it outside of C myself. Perhaps something hardcoded in the server's code itself requires the path too.

As for uninstalling SQL, make sure you do it from the control panel. And remove everything with SQL in its name, except for the management studio.

Edit: Mageoski
I was a mage myself. They told me that in order to enter the instance, I would need the equipment from the very same so I could reach a high enough number on scrutinizer. Stuff like that is why I prefer having a local server now. By the time I was powerful enough for the level 55 era instances, the zones were already desolated and no one was going there anymore.

Quick info regarding Meta's database issue: The issue was resolved after I sent him the DATA folder from my Runewaker folder which replaced his. The fail rate of this guide should be around 1% but apparently, his SQL studio managed to screw something over.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi,first of all thanks for the work writing that guide!Sadly i have followed every step as good as i can but i can not create a character. When i look at the ra monitor i see some weird errors like "«ü¥O¦³°ÝÃD!! census not find (2) ControllerClientEvent::OnConnectFailed Code=-1" in common-account. And the same error in common-serverlist.Has someone an idea of whats wrong?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Those messages happen on my end too but I'm not sure about the character creation failure either. I ran into that problem myself and am unable to create a new character on my GM account.

I got the starting zones running as well.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,first of all thanks for the work writing that guide!Sadly i have followed every step as good as i can but i can not create a character. When i look at the ra monitor i see some weird errors like "«ü¥O¦³°ÝÃD!! census not find (2) ControllerClientEvent::OnConnectFailed Code=-1" in common-account. And the same error in common-serverlist.Has someone an idea of whats wrong?

Do you become an error message in the client?
Help this for you?? --> https://forum.ragezone.com/f887/release-proper-systemerror-fix-1049596/

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I've checked the PlayerCenter log while attempting to create a character. Here's the output from the exact moment of clicking "confirm" in the character creation screen:

DMniOWX - [Guide] 6.5.2 One For All 64bit Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

Maybe someone has an idea why that happens all of a sudden? I haven't touched the SQL account's permissions or did anything other than changing the localization.ini within update.inf.

Edit:

I can confirm that Reaperman's info is correct. I will add this to the first post immediatly.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im stuck on the 2 step where I have to disconnect from the named instance and connect using romuser with sql authentication it keep giving me an error message "login failed for user 'romuser' .( Microsoft SQL server , Error: 18456)can anyone help me please ?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
The issue was resolved in another thread already. As for crafting/gathering EXP, it seems that Runewaker did a major fuckup with that. They apparently hardcoded those two rates into the zone.exe file, so they can't be changed via databases.

I still don't get how the two potions for gathering exp and crafting exp can affect those anyway. But seeing as regular exp potions also work per-character, I would guess these two work in the same manner.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do you apply the patches from to the server ?, and can i just go ahead and update to 7.1.0 or will it not work ?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Those are client patches. A server update requires updated binary files. Databases and tables filled with 7.X info, Zone.exe and other exe files with the info needed to run the 7.X maps and the likes of that. I don't know how or when those server files come to be but considering there's almost zero support for this game, there's no telling if we get a 7.X server at all.

Butr at this point, a 64bit client is more important. That is just as rare though as the only one in existence is a closed source project.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's a shame. Do you know if there are any addons that change the currency icons ? , the ones in 6.4.2 look stupid.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Not one bit. I don't pay those any mind since I've been used to them for years.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am having issues while creating a char, when I click "create" it gets stuck in "creating character". Also the master, in the server monitor, shows an error. My account is set to the "english - us english" language.

Also when I try to start the zones "howling mountains" and the tutorial one, it shows a "loadfile failed =data\imageobject.db"

Hope anyone can help, thanks for reading this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Forgotten to copy FDB/WDB in Server folders ?
Thanks, I copied them in the wrong folder, it is working now!

Thanks for the reminder, I actually forgot that I wanted to add that part as well

Edit:
completely selfish request: could a mod unpin the old 6.0.7 guide and pin this updated one instead? This is meant as a full replacement for the old one after all.

Have you found a solution to this? I am having the same issue.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I've added the info under step 5 as I considered it a preparation step rather than additional info like what's listed after that.

Back