Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] 6.5.2 One For All 64bit Server Setup

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
does not continue. is there anyone to help?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I can only hazard a guess... It seems like you somehow messed up during the database setup or connecting the server to the database with the processkey and global.ini files.

I never had DataCenter on red myself, only stuck on yellow once. But Litefire or perhaps Reaperman likely know more about that. I'm no programmer by any means and I barely know a thing about how the RoM server actually operates myself.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Would be great to elaborate in case others run into the same issue or in case it's something I might have forgotten to add.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You're right sorry, I changed the data in C:\Runewaker\DB_sql with other files(I meant i have another server files on my computer. ) and execute it again.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Yeah, if you derive from the guide I can't really help there. The success rate relies on the user doing exactly what is described and how it's described. It's no different from the older guides, except there you were forced to do your own thing because the older ones were severely lacking in information. At least one of them was.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

can someone please tell me what is the problem here...

any advice help is preciated

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Check step 1 where I described the permissions for the romuser account. Those screenshots alone don't tell much at all because the issue could be incorrect account permissions, a false processkey or other reasons I'm not aware of.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Yeah, there's always the chance he didn't copy all of the error or anything. Without knowing what steps he took exactly to get there, troubleshooting is basically impossible.

Step 3 explains the processkey in more detail than the old guide does. But then again: If you are running 6.0.7 still, I'd say remove all of it (perhaps including your SQL instance, if you are not an SQL crack) and start over with the 6.4.2 files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have tried this 3 times now , no matter what i do i can not get to log in with romuser
xSpeedx - [Guide] 6.5.2 One For All 64bit Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

1 - [Guide] 6.5.2 One For All 64bit Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

i fallowed exactly the guide with no issues ..the only difference is in the NTService\MSSQL$instancename to NT\AUTHORITY\SYSTEM.

As it turns out you can't have NT\Services\SYSTEM .. it gives and error , only NT Services\SYSTEM works

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
To be honest, I'm clueless as to why that rises errors on your end. I spent days doing nothing but that SQL setup, running into multiple errors from registry related to missing recovery/startup handles. The latter happen because the instance's account isn't set to system by default.

Even then, it's not like there is much that could go wrong with the SQL setup in the first place. Changing it from default to named instance and setting the account are the only custom changes I did myself, as well as other people. The method used to get the system account name was also the same I used myself after looking up why that missing handle error happens and what can be done about it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
by some miracle , and after a few restarts and uninstalls i got it to log in, idk how .

now i got something else
According to your guide i should do:

1- ROM_Account_schema.sql
2 -ROM_ImportDB_schema.sql
3 - ROM_World_schema.sql
4 - ROM_WorldLog_schema.sql
5 - ROM_GlobalDB_schema.sql

6 ROM_Account_data.sql
7 ROM_ImportDB_data.sql
8 ROM_World_data.sql
9 ROM_WorldLog_data.sql
10 ROM_GlobalDB_data.sql

11 table_NPCData_data.sql
12 table_NPC_MoveFlag_DB_data.sql
13 table_ObjNameStringDB_data.sql

But i got stuck at the second one (first was ok), should i continue?
as2 - [Guide] 6.5.2 One For All 64bit Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Check the account permissions just in case. Like explained (in bold text even), I had some of those errors myself. I was wary at first but it turned out to be fine either way. The order is based on the outdated guide and since no one has clarified if or why it is correct or not, I simply stuck to this order. Because there are also at least 5x5 different combinations of installing the tables in each database.

The way these databases are designed is a bit weird to say the least. For example, there are no predefined parameters to chance quest and combat exp rates or gathering and crafting exp. The latter are hardcoded in the zone.exe for reasons only the guys at Runewaker know of.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i did checked that everything is , and was in every installation , i will try to install them as is and see if it works

thanks

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Yeah, don't think I left out that much. The info with checking everything originally comes from a post from Drewww. He also specified that he didn't know whether checking every box was indeed needed or not, which I mentioned as well.

But by pure logic, there shouldn't be anything going wrong if one user applies the exact same files as another user who confirmed them working...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
one thing it was not clear to me , when i downloaded the client , the zip contained a folder "Runes of Magic Server" , that folder should go into the runewaker folder , or the content of that rom server folder should go into runewaker?

note that my logic dictated to put the content of the rom folder into runewaker one, just wanted to clarify , maybe thats why i got that db error

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
C:\Runewaker\

in there

DATA
DB_sql
Resource -> data/fdb/luascript/wdb
Server -> Realm_01_Common/Realm_01_Service/Realm_01_Zone
Tools

In my Installation i have "RA Server Controller" and "RA Server Monitor" in Runewaker, too.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Yeah, Monitor and Controller folders are created in step 3 when you run their setup files. I also clearly specified where the fdb and wdb folders must go right underneath the download link.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok so i continued with the errors i got from the Db importing and got to the end , and i finally managed to get inside the game !

I would also like to ask about turning on the rest of those maps ? is it necesary or how to go about those ?

Ps - i found out why i could not get an account to create , in your guide there is not mentioned specifically then when you use this , that you actually need to change the account and password !!!!, for nubs that might be important info :p

INSERT INTO [ROM_Account].[dbo].[PlayerAccount]
([Account_ID],[Password],[IsMd5Password],[IsAutoConvertMd5])
VALUES
('accountname','password',0,1)
GO

Last edited:
Back