[Guide] 6.4.2 Comprehensive Setup

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    187Posts

Runes of Magic Server Setup

I highly recommend downloading at least the client for whomever reads the thread and is interested in the setup sooner or later. My bandwidth is not sufficient enough to upload over 10GB in a reasonable amount of time through a secure connection.

The following guide aims to make the tedious setup procedure simple and easy to follow while being as detailed as possible. It’s based on the work of Beatraxz and Drewww who provided information left out by the author of the 6.0.7 guide.

Important note: This guide assumes that you have no SQL instance installed. If you do and are unfamiliar with SQL, I advise that you remove it and any SQL related components such as server browser and drivers using the control panel to ensure that the process will go smoothly. I should have added this from the very beginning because I myself spent a few days doing the SQL setup over and over due to unclean removal and errors. Do not touch the registry though. It's not needed for a fresh SQL installation.

Server: https://anonfile.com/N7F4wfp9oe/lbze...e5lnlbues5g_7z
    extract the .rar inside this to C:\Runewaker. Copy the "fdb" and "wdb" folders from the client's root to Runewaker\Resource. Password is the name of this forum.

Client: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fMn...nnLHijhTP/view
    (if the quota is exceeded, open "shared with me" on drive and make a copy)

Special Thanks:
    - Suppo for providing the client and server files
    - Drewww for the crucial information the 6.0.7 author failed to include
    - Beatraxz for the updated and detailed 6.0.7 guide this one is based on

1. SQL Installation

Spoiler:

In this step, I used SQL Express 2019. Download the Express installer from Microsoft and upon running, select “download media” to download the setup files. Once finished, navigate to the SQLEXPR_x64_DEU/ENU (whatever language you chose) folder and start the SETUP.exe file.

In the installation center, select Installation on the left and pick the topmost option to install a new SQL Server instance. Proceed to click next and if it shows a warning from Windows Firewall, ignore it. It showed one for me and at the time of writing this, I’ve got my character on the server sitting around.

Now for an important part:
    When reaching Instance config, make sure it’s a named instance, not standard.
    Once you reach Server configuration, change the accountname from NTService\MSSQL$instancename to NT\AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. Otherwise, the installation will fail later on because the startup or recovery handle are missing. Simply click the dropdown button on the field, select Search… and type in system and click “check name”. This will find the SYSTEM account name.
    Leave the rest of the settings at default and begin the installation.

Once this is done, install SQL Server Management Studio next. I downloaded version 18.4 (2019) at the time of writing this guide and used it. The installation process is straightforward here, no need for customized settings outside the default. Upon starting it, select the dropdown button on the Server name field and browse for more. A tree menu will show up with the topmost option being Database Engine. This is where the SQL instance you installed before will show up. For me, it shows up as USER-PC\SQLEXPRESS. This is why making it a named instance is important. The server’s DataCenter process needs this specific structure, although I don’t know exactly why. I made the mistake to use a standard instance before which made the setup fail.

Connect with Windows Authentication and navigate to Security > Logins and create a user named “romuser”. Uncheck “enforce password expiration” and “user must change password at next login” and input a password of your choice. Keep the password in mind or write it down, it’s gonna be needed again later. Select the pages Server Roles and User Mapping and tick every box there is. I don’t know if this is precisely required but Drewww’s instructions listed this step anyway. Click ok, rightclick the account and open the Properties again. Now navigate to Securables and tick every box in the Grant column and click ok again.

Now rightclick the SQL instance name itself and open the Properties of that. Select the Security page and change authentication from “Windows” to “SQL and Windows”. Click ok and this covers the SQL setup.

2. Database Installation

Spoiler:

Now that the SQL instance is up and running with the romuser account in place, the databases can be installed next. Afterward, the setup of the gameserver itself can begin. Seeing as this is just about executing a series of .sql files, doing this before the gameserver setup won’t make a difference.

With SSMS still running, disconnect from the SQL instance and reconnect using the romuser account created before and SQL authentication. Press CTRL+O and navigate to C:\Runewaker\DB_sql where all needed .sql files are stored. The order in which these are installed is important because otherwise, there will be a lot of errors about missing tables. I had some of these myself following the order but it worked out anyway.

ROM_Account_schema.sql
    ROM_ImportDB_schema.sql
    ROM_World_schema.sql
    ROM_WorldLog_schema.sql
    ROM_GlobalDB_schema.sql

Begin by opening the first of those files and click the “Execute” button in SSMS. This step will create the databases for the gameserver.
    Repeat this with the _data.sql files in the same folder. This will fill the databases with basic info such as EXP rates. Wrap it up by opening and executing table_NewShopInfo_data.sql. This fills the itemshop with items.

The next step will take about five minutes depending on the toaster, *cough*, computer you perform this setup on. Open and execute the following files found in the same DB_sql folder:
    table_NPCData_data.sql
    table_NPC_MoveFlag_DB_data.sql
    table_ObjNameStringDB_data.sql

This fills the databases with information about items, NPCs and other things needed to run the server.

As the last step, click “New Query” and create your first ingame account by running this in a new query:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO [ROM_Account].[dbo].[PlayerAccount]
    ([Account_ID],[Password],[IsMd5Password],[IsAutoConvertMd5])
    VALUES
    ('accountname','password',0,1)
    GO
    I would save this query and use it for creating other accounts if needed. This should cover the SQL and database side of the whole setup.

3. Gameserver Installation

Spoiler:

Almost done and ready to play. Open the folder in C:\Runewaker\RA Server Controller and copy Config.ini and RAServerController.ini and paste them outside this folder. Repeat with the RAServerMonitor.ini in the neighboring folder. These three files are important because otherwise, Controller and Monitor won’t run correctly.

Now remove those two folders because both tools should be installed fresh. Navigate to Runewaker\Tools and install both Controller and Monitor. Make sure they are both installed in C:\Runewaker, so the folders look like this:
    C:\Runewaker\RA Server Controller
    C:\Runewaker\RA Server Monitor
    After installing them, put the ini files you copied before back into their respective folders.

Next, navigate to Runewaker\Server\Realm_01_Common and open the Global.ini file. Open the RAPasswordEncode.exe found in Runewaker\Tools as well because this is needed now.
    In the username field add “romuser” and in the password field add the password you used for the romuser account during the SQL installation. Press the “Generate” button, copy and paste the string of letters and numbers you got from the tool in the _Password lines inside the Global.ini where it says “CHANGE ME”. Change (local) to (local)\SQLEXPRESS or otherwise the DataCenter won’t be able to connect later on. This is why making the SQL instance a named one was important in step 1.

A few lines below, there’s a variable called MaxRoleLevel. If I’m not wrong, this should be the maximum levelcap. Change it from 55 to a higher one if you want. I set it to 100. I don’t know the maximum level of 6.4.2 though, so I left it at 100 for now.

Save this Global.ini file and copy it. Paste it in the Service and Zone folders and replace their Global.ini files. The contents of all three must be identical, this is intended.

Go to the Service folder again and you will see a file called PlayerCenter.ini and an exe file called PlayerCenter.exe. Drag the .ini file onto the .exe file and an error popup with a series of numbers and letters will appear.

600f12.80800.1e98220b.8bfbff

This is what mine looked like. Yours may differ from this. Write the content of that error popup into an empty notepad or something and copy it. Exactly as it shows in the popup.
    Open the RAPasswordEncode tool again if you closed it before and paste that code you just copied into the password field. In the username field, type runewaker and click Generate again. An even longer series of numbers and letters appears. Mark all of that and copy it.

435e551150594b4a424d5e5559500e5c4a40475e0759590903101413

This is what mine looked like. Yours may differ from it.

Open the PlayerCenter.ini file now and paste that long code into the “ProcessKey =” line. Without this, the PlayerCenter process won’t start up. If it does fail to start, you might have to repeat the step with the error popup and the encoding again. I did it three times however and the code was always the same.

This should be all, now for starting the server.

4. Server start

Spoiler:

Whoever’s reading this is probably feeling as tired as I am while writing this now. Go back into the RA Server Controller folder and start the Controller.exe. You will get a Windows error about it but that’s normal. Dismiss that error. Press Win+R to bring up the Run tool and enter services.msc to open the Windows services. Scroll down to RAServerController, rightclick and start it. Next, go to the RA Server Monitor folder and start the Monitor.exe. Thanks to the RAServerController.ini you copied back into its folder, the Server Monitor now shows all zones, dungeons and required services.

Begin by rightclicking and starting the Common group. They should be up in seconds. Do the same for the Services group. This is where PlayerCenter might get stuck on Starting, which is due to the wrong ProcessKey. But it’s unlikely because I had the same key three times in a row. This is also where DataCenter would get stuck if you had not made a named SQL instance way back in the beginning.

Now you can start the first zones. Open their respective groups and start Tutorial and Howling Mountains. Don’t start all of them at once or you will need to buy new RAM. The server should be up and running at this point. It did so on my end at least and I did exactly what I described so far.

5. Client preparation and start

Spoiler:

Finally, the big moment. Navigate to C:\Runewaker\Client and copy the RuneDev.ini in there. It’s necessary or your client won’t find the server. Open your client folder and paste it in there, replacing the existing one. Rightclick the Client.exe and create a shortcut. Open the properties of the shortcut and in the Target line, add NoCheckVersion at the end. This will prevent a version check and start the client right away.

Now start it and login using the account name and password you created with the SQL query in step 1. Unfortunaly, I’m no debugging expert on this by any means but the chance for failure should be extremely low if you followed the guide up to this point.

If you want to change the language, check the RuneDev.ini file and change the Language variable to the one you want. For a list of languages, extract the update.rar archive included in the client and open its localization.ini file. I don't know why Suppo had that file left there to begin with but for this purpose, it is helpful.

6. Useful tips and tricks

Here I will be listing different useful things I find over time or which others find.

Fix for being unable to create characters due to "System Error" showing when clicking the "Confirm" button, found by Reaperman
    Spoiler:

Open the properties of your romuser account in SSMS and change the default language to "English - us_english".

I tried this myself just now and I was able to create characters again after that.

Edit rates:
    Spoiler:
    open the ROM_World database and navigate to the WorldConfigTable. Rightclick and select “Edit top 200 rows”. This is where the server rates are stored. I suggest changing EXP from 1500 to a lower value or else the damn tutorial quest kicks you to level 5 right away.

Enable GM rights:
    Spoiler:
    Navigate to RoleData_account in ROM_World and select “Edit top 200 rows” again. Change the ManageLv value of the desired account to 12 to make it a GM account. As for commands, I’ll test it ingame and update this.

Afterward, enter "/gm ? 2013RuneWaker_Rom0628" in the chat ingame to enable the GM mode.
    GM command list: https://pastebin.com/192LNvJQ

Preparation to install the gameserver outside of C:\Runewaker:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by greatdol View Post
    If you want to change the server file location, find below files and change C:\Runewaker\ to what you want.

Realm_01_Common\Global.ini
    Realm_01_Service\Global.ini
    Realm_01_Zone\Global.ini
    RA Server Controller\RAServerController.ini

If you want to change the SQL DATA file location, find below files and change C:\Runewaker\ to what you want. (**This Step MUST BEFORE you import and create SQL DATA)

DB_sql\ROM_Account_schema.sql
    DB_sql\ROM_GlobalDB_schema.sql
    DB_sql\ROM_ImportDB_schema.sql
    DB_sql\ROM_World_schema.sql
    DB_sql\ROM_WorldLog_schema.sql
    DB_sql\three_tables_import_data.sql
    Fair warning: I followed these steps myself and my server did not start. This was likely due to the flawed SQL instance however but I thought to mention this regardless.

Stuck on "Seagull in a Cage" (epic quest, Tergothen Bay) because the cage is empty? Try this. Credits to Mageoski.
    Spoiler:
    ? Questflag 424514 1 was my solution. ( I marked "seagull in a cage" as finished. And boom, Callaway columne is there.

Search for variables and tables in databases easily:
    Spoiler:

Get ApexSQL: https://www.softpedia.com/get/Intern...Complete.shtml
    After installing, select the database you want to search and select the "Go to object" button on the toolbar.

List of SkillValue variables in dbo.RoleData:
    Spoiler:

Credits to CDWriter for finding the variables on the weapon skills 1 to 15
    SkillValue1 = Unarmed Max-270
    SkillValue2 = One-Handed Sword Max-210
    SkillValue3 = Dagger skill Max-270
    SkillValue4 = Wand Max=130
    SkillValue5 = 1-H Axe Max-130
    SkillValue6 = 1-H Hammer Max-130
    SkillValue7 = 2-H Sword Max-130
    SkillValue8 = Staff Max-130
    SkillValue9 = 2-H Axe Max-130
    SkillValue10 = 2-H Hammer Max-130
    SkillValue11 = Polearm Max-130
    SkillValue12 = Bow Skill Max-260
    SkillValue13 = Crossbow Max-260
    SkillValue14 = Gun Max-260
    SkillValue15 = Physical Defense Max-210

SkillValue 16-21 = professions. Don't have a detailed list yet but 16, 17 and 21 are blacksmith, carpenter, alchemist.

SkillValue 22-24 = the gathering professions.

SkillValue 26 = probably Gardening. I've got it set to 1 and Gardening is the only extra profession aside from the others.

Unlimited upgrade items:
    Spoiler:

The following items have no cast time and enhance your gear up to +20.

240233 = Unlimited Attribute cleaner
    209581 = Unlimited Weapon enchanting
    209582 = Unlimited Armor enchanting
    209583 = Unlimited Accessory enchanting
    209584 = Unlimited Wings enchanting
    209585 = Unlimited Driller

(hopefully) complete list of GM Item IDs:
    Below is a very large list of item IDs vasa555 compiled in 2017. I haven't tried all of them myself yet but I saved them regardless.
    Spoiler:

200006 = tool
    200006 info = tool

201368 = Event NPC Summoning Book
    201368 info = Using this NPC will gain experience, m, falls and reduce debt.

202689 = Profession change
    202689 info = Using this will change your crafting profession.

205418 = Profession change
    205418 info = Using this will change your crafting profession.

202194 info = Call of product-set of skills dispatch NPC.

205968 = Boss LVL 1 - 4 Box Call
    205968 info = Using this will cause various bosses til 50 LVL (requires class GM).

205957 = Elite Skill Book
    205957 info = Allows you to get or clear all the elite skills.

204512 = certificate Magic Cavy
    204512 info = Increases Magic Cavy 100% chance.

203477 = certificate Golden Magic Cavy
    203477 info = Increases Gold Cavy 100% chance decreases PetEvent time 3 min.

203575 = Monster Party Call
    203575 info = Causes a group of monsters and bosses.

200015 = Bosses Call
    200015 info = Summons "The Queen", "Dragon" or "robot".

201102 = SavePosition teleport rune
    201102 info = This item was supposed to use the teleport (disappears after).

201103 = SavePosition entry point
    201103 info = This item is used to record the current position.

201104 = SavePosition teleport
    201104 info = Use this option to teleport to the stored position.

201446 = SavePosition group entry point
    201446 info = This item is used to record the current position.

201104 = SavePosition group teleport
    201104 info = Use this option to teleport to the stored position.

201145 = ClassChange
    201145 info = Use show dialogue ClassChange (disappears after).

201155 = Set killed Course
    201155 info = Use to set the speed of dead player.

202878 = Bomb_ 01
    202878 info = This option allows you to place a bomb, which would have been fired.

202900 = LvlUp potion
    202878 info = Use this option to make the 9 LVL.

204225 = Reset Time Pet Merge
    204225 info = Use this option to reset the next time the merger animals.

208303 = Plants meet

208304 = Vegetable Plants

208305 = Plants Herbs

240234 = GM charming package
    240234 info = extract package to receive unlimited charming items.

209581 = Unlimited weapon enchanting

209585 = Unlimited driller

240215 = Unlimited Goldhammer

240216 = Unlimited Binding lift

240217 = Unlimited Weapon bad enchanting

240218 = Unlimited Armor bad enchanting

240231 = Unlimited Accessory bad enchanting

240232 = Unlimited Wings bad enchanting

Useful GM Commands for macros found by starwars1:
    Spoiler:

? killid %t_id = kill target
    ? full = instant self healing
    ? attackflag = make NPCs ignore you
    ? skillfull = upgrade all weapon skills to maximum
    ? cardfull = fills the card compendium completely
    ? changejob = open the class change window. Helpful for quickly changing in the middle of nowhere
    ? resetcoldown = the typo apparently is intentional, thanks RW... resets all skill cooldowns back to 0.

List of GM equipment found by Jokey1987:
    Spoiler:

214294 = GM Bow (high DMG)
    220003 = Shoes +200% Movement
    223553 = GM-Helmet (Skin only useable)
    227174 to 227180 = GM Armor
    228040 to 228044 = Accesoiry Set for fast movement
    228052 to 228056 = Accesoiry Set GM

After testing, it turns out that these are no accessory sets. The IDs spawn regular level 98 to 100 armor with SysID_name names and high stats. The GM helm is real, so are the shoes but the bow ID just spawns a level 98 crossbow, no GM item.

Profession certificate IDs compiled by Metallicana974:

Spoiler:

This list is in the same order as the professions displayed ingame when pressing Y (default bind). Level the skill to the respective cap and then add the certificate via
    Code:
    /gm ? give ID
    to raise the cap.

---------------------------------------------------
    If anyone has formatting tips, post away. I suck at forum editors and wrote this guide in MS Word.
    Things I want to add to this guide if others can help provide the info:
    - how to create a full backup of the SQL instance for easy and fast re-installation
    - how to disable the secondary password (very important because this is very annoying)
    Last edited by xSpeedx; 17-05-20 at 08:06 PM.

MemberRank
    Aug 2019 Join Date
    24Posts

Re: [Guide] 6.4.2 Comprehensive Setup

Can you provide source code?

MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    187Posts

I only have what's provided there myself, I don't know any places where the source code could be found.

MemberRank
    Aug 2004 Join Date
    iowa/usaLocation
    138Posts

your forgetting a lot more with this setup ... All the missing Sql tables to support 6.4.2

http://forum.ragezone.com/f884/missi...m-6-a-1171779/

as for client and client updates..... here is a official site for them that Works for any Language.

Official Patches
    Last edited by CDWriter; 03-04-20 at 04:52 PM.

MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    187Posts

I would wait for Suppo to confirm whether or not he performed the table fix himself.

Edit: Doesn't look like it. Is it safe to put all that into one .sql file and run it in SSMS?

MemberRank
    Aug 2004 Join Date
    iowa/usaLocation
    138Posts

Thats totally up too you ....if you like look at your logs you can see the errors it gives ...

MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    187Posts

Seeing as it affects more than one database, it would be easiest to wrap it all in a single query. But I don't know how to assign the individual queries to their respective database in a single query. If someone else knows, I'd be delighted to know. I'm surprised this wasn't even mentioned in the 6.4.2 files thread by who uploaded the files.

Edit:
    After looking through the tables, I noticed that most of what you posted actually is already added. Would be nice to get a changelog from Suppo about how he altered the .sql files from their original state.
    Last edited by xSpeedx; 03-04-20 at 08:53 PM.

MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    17Posts

Thank you ill give it a try in the near future if i have time and can finally play this privat with friends.

MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    187Posts

It's a setup for a local server. I'm not sure which exact steps you have to take to bring it online. However, if your plan is to go online, you should take a look at the secure RAController/Monitor over in the Release subforum once you got used to this setup.

MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    187Posts

Your trolling attempt is a little too obvious there. I don't mean to come across as elitist or uptight right now but you won't find a RoM setup guide more detailed and descriptive than mine here.

It covers every step I took myself, which is based on the information I mentioned near the very top. The .sql file order was taken over from the old 6.0.7 guide. In fact, if you read through the whole SQL step, you will notice that I did point out some things neither Drewww, nor Coenx did.
    For example, the named instance instead of standard and why that is important. I spent almost half a week doing nothing but going through the stupid SQL instance setup because it kept erroring on multiple ends and I can assure you there are not nearly as many blank fields as you make it out to be.

I'm not sure if the fact that you react so overly sensitive to criticism on your instructions is amusing or concerning. And if your post was indeed reported, it was likely someone else. I don't report anything here because I hardly take insults personal enough.

Although, technically my guide is just a longer version of the one from Beatraxz, who already gave a bunch of detail himself. I mainly expanded it by the SQL setup (whereas he assumes this has been completed at the time of reading his guide) and changed the order of steps (he does server setup > database install > client while I do database install > server setup > client).

Personally, I think it's better seperated if you first install SQL and do the database setup before moving on to the gameserver and client preps.
    Last edited by xSpeedx; 09-04-20 at 11:14 PM.

MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    17Posts

Thank you again it's working all atm so far
    This was easy to setup with this guide and some knowledge from 6.0.7 in the past and other games.

I can't say too much but for now the only cherry on top would be the possibility to get a 64bit Client working with it. The crashes are insane in Varanas even with me as a single person (i thought back in the days on the Original server thats because there are so many people)
    &
    And is there a possibility to enable a Dungeon/Raid Buff harsh example 50% Damage increase 50% more Defense so you can play those with 2 men?
    (Mage/Priest Knight/Warrior)

MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    187Posts

A 64 bit client would be a godsend. The crashes happen due to the game having a problem with using memory correctly from what I remember from the past. That and the stuttering in very detailed areas such as cities. It only gets worse once you reach the Thunderhoof Hills.

As for the buff, I don't know if any such exists. But you can make your character pretty damn overpowered with the ingame upgrade system.

209581 = Unlimited Weapon enchanting
    209585 = Unlimited Driller

Here are the GM upgrade items. They have no cast time and with the "`? give" command you can add them to your inventory. Then, if you have ItemPreview 2 installed (if you don't, head to Curseforge and grab it), open that and search for manastones. Pick the T20 ones and slap them on all the items you want to upgrade. If you go out of your way to add stats as well, you could probably make a character at level 30 powerful enough to solo the Forsaken Abbey. The most powerful set at that level range should be the top secret records one.

MemberRank
    Jul 2015 Join Date
    113Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ger580 View Post
    And is there a possibility to enable a Dungeon/Raid Buff harsh example 50% Damage increase 50% more Defense so you can play those with 2 men?
    (Mage/Priest Knight/Warrior)
    I think this isn't really well possible. I played on original server till vale of rites, and most of the instances are simply not designed for 2 men, especially the raids. Sure you can do them with overpowered chars, but its not challenging nor exciting.

There was a project going on "Runes of Magic" Solo, where someone was changing bosses and skills so that you can do them solo, and still challenging (even the raids afair). But i dunno if this project was going any further.

And for the 64 Bit Client...i don't think Gamers4life will share this, because they are giving the possibility to buy diamonds and VIP Stuff. So they are makling money out of the game. No reason to share 64 Bit Code. I don't know if others havee something similar.

apart from that i took my hat off of to the programmers of gamers4life. They programmed something that runewaker never had done, lol. Great work.
    Last edited by Mageoski; 10-04-20 at 09:45 AM.

MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    187Posts

I take it most of their client is encrypted or otherwise hard to reverse engineer?

And turning RoM into a truly solo-able experience would require editing nearly all bosses past level 50. I remember the last boss from the hall of survivors which requires all six members spread out on different colored gates and interacting with them in a correct order to prevent a nuke skill or ragemode from happening.

The later instances focused more and more on teamwork outside the classic Tank/DD/Healer role constellation. Then you have to consider the fact that debuffs don't work on bosses. You can't stun or silence them whatsoever and their attack range is too big to move out even if you could stun them.
    Last edited by xSpeedx; 10-04-20 at 10:28 AM.

MemberRank
    Jul 2015 Join Date
    113Posts

In the time of dalanis there were some runewaker fails for instances, like dungeon of dalanis where mages could indeed stun the first boss and solo him easily (ok, apart of that the instance never was quite good). They fixed that later.
    Hall of survivors sixth and seventh boss werte with colours, and andaphelmor on level was a really, really hard thing. Same for guldamor, which was a long time a insctance stopper for weak guilds.
    And someone remembers zarth and koyu who were the first who solod treasure trove on level (and on level i mean really on level at that times). Awesome!
    Great Times!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Advertisement