[Guide] 6.4.2 Comprehensive Setup

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    187Posts

Re: [Guide] 6.4.2 Comprehensive Setup

[Guide] 6.4.2 Comprehensive Setup
    Let's not forget the scout cooldown "bug" Frogster even showcased at the Gamescom when it was just introduced. The infamous feature that made the Warnorken arena a scout-only instance where no others were allowed by most groups. And the majority of scrutinizer junkies who rather took only P2W players to nuke bosses in five seconds instead of playing instances the way they were designed.

Haven't seen anything past Kalin from the inside myself very often. Each instance up to Grafu castle only once as a dead weight mage but nothing past that.

Edit:
    quick changelog: added a list of GM items to the first post.
    Last edited by xSpeedx; 10-04-20 at 07:40 PM.

MemberRank
    Jul 2015 Join Date
    113Posts

I remember that times also when groups were farming mage stats. Global Chat was like "DD for Warnorken, no mages". Very frustating times.

MemberRank
    Apr 2020 Join Date
    9Posts

[STRIKE]Hi there, there is a way to change the language of the client we have dl here ?[/STRIKE]
    Nevermind i found out,
    I want to thank's you, your guide is well clear to understand.
    Last edited by Metallicana974; 11-04-20 at 04:24 AM.

MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    187Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Metallicana974 View Post
    [STRIKE]Hi there, there is a way to change the language of the client we have dl here ?[/STRIKE]
    Nevermind i found out,
    I want to thank's you, your guide is well clear to understand.
    Thanks for the reminder, I actually forgot that I wanted to add that part as well

Edit:
    completely selfish request: could a mod unpin the old 6.0.7 guide and pin this updated one instead? This is meant as a full replacement for the old one after all.
    Last edited by xSpeedx; 11-04-20 at 07:55 AM.

MemberRank
    Apr 2020 Join Date
    9Posts

Seems i have a little issue, everything is fine but when i log off the level of my character is back to 1...
    have to look if i did something wrong ><"... Any idee ?

MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    187Posts

That is a new one to me... Have you checked the dbo.RoleData table in your ROM_World database? I'm no SQL dev but my first guess is the server isn't updating the table correctly.

MemberRank
    Apr 2020 Join Date
    9Posts

Well i don't know anything about sql too so i'm in the dark... (when u create a caracter in the creation page it show he is lvl 1, when log off u see he is back to lvl 0)
    From what i see,the server update the roledata table correctly it also log when we lvl up in the dbo.LevelLog
    Soo right now i'm kinda lost xD

edit: Logoff with a lvl32 it show 32 in the table, log again and log off it change to lvl 1
    So i guess it have a reading issue ?
    Last edited by Metallicana974; 11-04-20 at 12:12 PM.

MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    187Posts

The guide explains how to set up the databases and tables in great detail. After that, you should be comfortable enough in SSMS to at least open the table. I always do that with rightclick > "edit top 200 rows". The changing rates tip has that bit of info too I think.

But that issue didn't even occur in the old 6.0.7 times. I'm just as lost on that. The server boots up correctly, you can log in and do stuff, so the connection to the database is definitely there. Read the part with the romuser account again and carefully check all pages I instructed to check on the account's properties. Remember, after creating it and setting its roles, you had to open the properties again to reach the Securables page.

Maybe also keep SSMS running and check the roledata table where you can see your character's level. Take note of that level and then do a levelup ingame (I'd do it without the setvalue command, just in case. Like an experience sphere or such). Once you did that levelup, click the refresh button in SSMS (left side where you see your database tree, where it shows the connect/disconnect buttons. Tiny icon) and check the roledata table again to see if the level has changed

MemberRank
    Apr 2020 Join Date
    9Posts

this is making me crazy xD
    The refresh doesn't seem refresh
    I'm going to redo everything and maybe but that in c: instead of e: (even if i check multiple time where it need to be changed)
    We'll see if that work ><"

MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    187Posts

Wouldn't be surprised of that was the case, since I failed with doing it outside of C myself. Perhaps something hardcoded in the server's code itself requires the path too.

As for uninstalling SQL, make sure you do it from the control panel. And remove everything with SQL in its name, except for the management studio.

Edit: @Mageoski
    I was a mage myself. They told me that in order to enter the instance, I would need the equipment from the very same so I could reach a high enough number on scrutinizer. Stuff like that is why I prefer having a local server now. By the time I was powerful enough for the level 55 era instances, the zones were already desolated and no one was going there anymore.

Quick info regarding Meta's database issue: The issue was resolved after I sent him the DATA folder from my Runewaker folder which replaced his. The fail rate of this guide should be around 1% but apparently, his SQL studio managed to screw something over.
    Last edited by xSpeedx; 12-04-20 at 05:42 PM.

MemberRank
    Jan 2019 Join Date
    3Posts

Hi,first of all thanks for the work writing that guide!Sadly i have followed every step as good as i can but i can not create a character. When i look at the ra monitor i see some weird errors like "«ü¥O¦³°ÝÃD!! census not find (2) ControllerClientEvent::OnConnectFailed Code=-1" in common-account. And the same error in common-serverlist.Has someone an idea of whats wrong?

MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    187Posts

Those messages happen on my end too but I'm not sure about the character creation failure either. I ran into that problem myself and am unable to create a new character on my GM account.

I got the starting zones running as well.

MemberRank
    Jan 2015 Join Date
    76Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Senkay View Post
    Hi,first of all thanks for the work writing that guide!Sadly i have followed every step as good as i can but i can not create a character. When i look at the ra monitor i see some weird errors like "«ü¥O¦³°ÝÃD!! census not find (2) ControllerClientEvent::OnConnectFailed Code=-1" in common-account. And the same error in common-serverlist.Has someone an idea of whats wrong?
    Do you become an error message in the client?
    Help this for you?? --> https://forum.ragezone.com/f887/rele...r-fix-1049596/

MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    187Posts

I've checked the PlayerCenter log while attempting to create a character. Here's the output from the exact moment of clicking "confirm" in the character creation screen:

Maybe someone has an idea why that happens all of a sudden? I haven't touched the SQL account's permissions or did anything other than changing the localization.ini within update.inf.

Edit:

I can confirm that Reaperman's info is correct. I will add this to the first post immediatly.
    Last edited by xSpeedx; 18-04-20 at 02:35 PM.

MemberRank
    Aug 2019 Join Date
    14Posts

Im stuck on the 2 step where I have to disconnect from the named instance and connect using romuser with sql authentication it keep giving me an error message "login failed for user 'romuser' .( Microsoft SQL server , Error: 18456)can anyone help me please ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Advertisement