Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] 6.5.2 One For All 64bit Server Setup

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
They aren't created with a GM access level by default, you set that manually in the database. It goes from 1 all the way up to 13 which is server owner.

What is available by default is the collection of commands if the account has the right access level. The GM password must be enabled manually in the Global.ini file. Since the commands are tied to the access level already, I see no importance in the password.

Thanks! for the quick response, ok ok I understand, another question why I don't get items from the mobs?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
What exactly do you mean by "a service" anyway? To my knowledge, only Datacenter access to the romuser account, the other services don't use it.

These are the Services I'm talking about.

And these are the errors I'm getting.

Mageoski

I followed every step to the letter multiple times now, I even made a printout and crossed out every step after verifying I did it correctly.

Therefor I am at a lost of what kind of error I could have made.

xSpeedx - [Guide] 6.5.2 One For All 64bit Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Does anyone know the reason for this error?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
sorry :)
Does anyone know the reason for this error?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks! for the quick response, ok ok I understand, another question why I don't get items from the mobs?

Right-click the "GM-Addon" icon in-game and select "Disable Attackflag". Kill mobs to see if they drop anything. If they do, you can prevent the GM addon from automatically setting this flag by left-clicking the icon, selecting the "Config" tab, and unchecking "Auto Attackflag".

These are the Services I'm talking about.

And these are the errors I'm getting.

@Mageoski

I followed every step to the letter multiple times now, I even made a printout and crossed out every step after verifying I did it correctly.

Therefor I am at a lost of what kind of error I could have made.

By default, "..\Server\Global.ini" includes a default IP address (127.0.0.1) and port (1433) in the "Database Settings" section. SQL Server may not be configured to allow TCP/IP on these when installed. This can be configured using the following steps:
  1. Search for and run "SQL Server 2019 Configuration Manager" via the Start menu. If searching doesn't work, there should be a shortcut in Start/Microsoft SQL Server 2019.
  2. Expand "SQL Server Network Configuration".
  3. Select "Protocols for <YOUR_INSTANCE_NAME>".
  4. Double-click "TCP/IP" (or right-click it and select "Properties") to open a "TCP/IP Properties" window.
  5. In the “Protocol” tab, change “Enabled” to “Yes” and then do one of the following:
    • To listen on all IP addresses, change "Listen All" in the "Protocol" tab to "Yes" and change "TCP Port" within the "IPAll" section at the bottom of the "IP Addresses" tab to the port found in the Global.ini file (default 1433).
    • To listen only on a specific IP address, find the desired IP address in the "IP Addresses" tab, change "Enabled" for that IP section to "Yes", and set the related "TCP Port" to the port found in the Global.ini file (default 1433).
  6. After applying changes, restart the SQL Server instance by doing one of the following:
    • Search for and run “services.msc” via the Start menu. Find and right-click “SQL Server (<YOUR_INSTANCE_NAME>)" in the list and select “Restart”.
    • Restart the computer.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

how about RAServerController ?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Over this past weekend I somewhat followed this instructions, thank you for making them. Here are couple of things that could be added to OP post:

It is ok to use unnamed instance (SQL Standard or Enterprise), just instead of SERVER\INSTANCE name you place SERVER name.

If for whatever reason you decide to move Runewalker folder to any other drive except C, you have to modify XML/INI in controller folder to reflect correct location for all instances and server files. In my case everything is in D drive on VM server. Also do not forget to make changes to global.ini to reflect new file locations.

In the case you are running server / client scenario, and want to keep firewall up on server, ports 21002, 16401, 16402 should be open in firewall for RoM server to be able to communicate with client.

Now couple of issues I found - most (if not all) of my addons from 6.07 are not working. I downloaded new(er) versions of some addons, non work. Interestingly, my couple of years old CoA setup addons do work. (Except ZZ Info Date - Time. I assume it has to do with some changes in client regarding time, not sure how to fix this.

Most annoying is that I can't find working version of QuestHelper. (anyone who can find one that works with this version, please let me know)

When starting zones, AKOR crash right away. (it used to work on 6.07)

It still takes quite a bit of memory to start zones / instances, I have not measure between 6.07 and 6.5.2, but it is close.

For those who experience client crashing (mostly due to memory leaks and similar), just install (free or pro version which costs only 5 bucks) and in settings set to clean memory for client.exe (easy to add when client is running) every 5 (or less) minutes if memory is over 100MB. This will make client much more stable. Usually I could run client for multiple days without any issues, even when porting and changing locations a lot. (I used to play on Reni for a while in chapter 3 - 5, and this was fix for client issue we found long time ago)

Also for those having issue questing - most likely GM addon set attackflag to off and your account is admin. Change attack flag in order to do quests - see loot when playing.

Server files did not have shop, used one from Janebug - Full shop and wheel release, that brings really memory from CoA and official server.

Next things I plan to try this week:

Change festival to Halloween
Test Guild stuff and Siege
Questing through start zones
Make list of working add-ons and see if fixing some broken might not be too hard
Setup automated mail

I used to have automated script mail every night that would send me stacks of housekeeper stuff / potions.

Wonder if anyone tried similar with auction house. (to place random items for auction)

One more thing I wonder - if is possible to use RA Controller to group zones / instances per chapter. For example to have chapter 2 enabled for all chapter 2 zones and instances.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You can try this version of QuestHelper.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you want different grouping in your controller then you will need to edit the file that configs your servers for the controller... it may be xml format in this version, i am not sure... but just change the groupname or group region to what you want

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You can try this version of QuestHelper.
That worked great. Thank you!!

If you want different grouping in your controller then you will need to edit the file that configs your servers for the controller... it may be xml format in this version, i am not sure... but just change the groupname or group region to what you want

I will look into that. Did anyone create tutorial how to create and distribute update?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Link is on page 13. Takes some time to download, but it works best if you have JDownloader. (otherwise it will be multi day download with free mega account or you will have to buy subscription) Somehow JDownloader bypass downloading limits on mega.

Small update of my things that I planned to do this week.

About done with automated email script, it sends all items nightly to my main character.

Was able to change festival to Halloween. Old tutorial for festival change still works, except you do have to use new password for update.inf. If needed, I can create new instructions on how to change festivals.

Had some fun with old script for pet, got huge stats added with level 1 pet. :D

Adding to to do list - need automatic backup, as I am slow on doing backups manually and having fun like this might warrant restore. :D

Is anyone else having issues starting AKOR on 6.5.2???

ingame_ - [Guide] 6.5.2 One For All 64bit Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums my_pet - [Guide] 6.5.2 One For All 64bit Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums ItemsInMail - [Guide] 6.5.2 One For All 64bit Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
That worked great. Thank you!!

I will look into that. Did anyone create tutorial how to create and distribute update?

Mupu explained how to distribute updates in the six video of the tutorials he did.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Now couple of issues I found - most (if not all) of my addons from 6.07 are not working. I downloaded new(er) versions of some addons, non work. Interestingly, my couple of years old CoA setup addons do work. (Except ZZ Info Date - Time. I assume it has to do with some changes in client regarding time, not sure how to fix this.

Most annoying is that I can't find working version of QuestHelper. (anyone who can find one that works with this version, please let me know)

That's because compiled addons don't work on x64. I had to give up a lot myself, such as Questhelper.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am not sure that addons are compiled. They are mostly just set of text files written in LUA.

Most of the ones I care about works, except time/date portion of ZInfoBar (see in my pictures in previous reply). As I've said, I got most of them from CoA, and chanlder was kind enough to offer QuestHelper, which is imho essential for good RoM experience. (check couple of posts before this for a link)

@prologe60 - thank you. I completely forgot about videos. I could not download them at the time. Got them all now. Will check this and probably create first update over weekend.

I just noticed that after I initially have setup Item Shop, now when I send updated script, it does not update quantities for some of items?! (even after I shutdown server and run script while server is down)

Last night I create first guild, guild castle and leveled it to level 15 with all buildings. In next couple of days I will create another one, do the same and see if I can enter siege.

For some strange reason I was not able to enter 1 on 1 for test of BG server?! I will look more into that.

Does anyone know how to setup free wheel count?

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Alright! Now that I was able to make an account,

Followed your Guide to the proverbial letter "t" and am stuck, slightly confused as to one of the last steps.

"In this new release, there is only one Global.ini remaining as the structure of the Server folder was simplified. Only change the SQL instance to yours and add the encoded password."

What exactly would my "SQL Instance" be, and where would I find what needs to go in this field?

and then, as a further question, I'm unable to make some of the changes asked of in the guide to my 'romuser' account, (as shown in the screencap) any ideas if this is causing a major issue?

Global.ini ->
https://i.imgur.com/NdyMByO.png
SSMS -> ->
RASM ->

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
How have you named your msq instance ? Take care to put the same name in global.ini

Back