Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Runes of Magic 6.0.7 Server Updated

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
While the Guide from Coenx is still pretty much everything you need to setup a 6.0.7 Runes of Magic Server it still lacks detail. In this guide i hopefully cover every little detail on your way to your own Server.

If you have questions i will try to react as fast as possible to answer them and change missleading parts in the tutorial.
If you speak german and your english isnt the best you can send me your questions in a direct message.

Programms used: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft SQL Server 2017, WinRar

1. Downloading and unpacking the Server Files

Link:

Assuming that you have WinRar already installed you now have to unpack the Server in your C:\-Drive.
There it should create a Runewaker Folder with following structure:​
"C:\Runewaker\Data"
"C:\Runewaker\DB-sql"
"C:\Runewaker\Files"
"C:\Runewaker\RA Server Controller"
"C:\Runewaker\RA Server Monitor"
"C:\Runewaker\Resource"
"C:\Runewaker\Server"
"C:\Runewaker\Tools"​

2. Server Setup

First you need to install the RA Server Controller and the RA Server Monitor. You find the needed .exes in the "Runewaker\tools" folder.In the installer choose "C:\Runewaker\RA Server Controller" for the Server Controller and "C:\Runewaker\RA Server Monitor" for the Server Monitor as install destination. After you successfully installed both programms go to the "Runewaker\Files" folder. You will find a RAServerController.ini and a RAServerMonitor.ini. Use them to overwrite the corresponding file in the RA Server Controller folder and in the RA Server Monitor folder. Also add the Config.ini into the "Runewaker\RA Server Controller" folder.

Now go into the Server folder. You will find three new folders. Open one of them and edit the Global.ini in it. You need to replace every appearance of "<SQL_USER_PASS>" in it with an encoded SQL password. To create this you have to start the RAPasswordEncode.exe in the "Runewaker\Tools" folder. Here you enter your desired password in the password field and you write "romuser" into the account field. After pressing the "Generator" button you have your SQL password. After you finished modifying the Global.ini you copy it to the other folders inside the "Runewaker\Server" folder.

We proceed with the PlayerCenter.ini. You find this file in "Runewaker\Server\Realm_01_Service". Here you need to replace the "<PROCESS_KEY> with a secret code. To get this code you need to copy the secretcode.bat from the "Runewaker\Files" folder into the "Runewaker\Server\Realm_01_Service" folder and run it. When you execute this file it should pop up a error message that you need to keep open. Now again start the RAPasswordEncode.exe. This time you need to fill in the error message into the password field and "runewaker" into the account field. Press "Generator" and copy the resulting string into your PlayerCenter.ini. The global.ini needs to be identical in all 3 folders (Realm_01_Common, Realm_01_Service and Realm_01_Zone).

3. Database setup and Account creation

I start from assuming you installed Microsoft SQL Server and Management Studio already. First start your Management Studio and login into the SQL Server with Windows-Authentification. Open the Security folder and do a right click on registration. Then create a new registration. For name you need to use romuser and as SQL server-authentication you have to use the password you used for the Global.ini. Set the Standarddatabase to master and the standardlanguage to english. Finally add every possible serverrole for the account.

After creating the new user login with it. Now open your "Runewaker\DB_sql" folder. You need to open and execute the five different "schema" files it. Just doubleclick them and if prompted choose Microsoft SQL Server Management to run it. When its opened use the run command that should be located somewere in the top of the programm. Repeat this step until you executed all five schemas. Now you need to fill the newly created Databases. To do this just open and execute all the "data" sql files (five int total). If you want to fill the itemshop with items execute the table_NewShopInfo_data.sql. This will fill the itemshop with most items.

The following part can be time intensive. You need to open and execute following files:

table_NPCData_data.sql
table_NPC_MoveFlagDB_data.sql
table_ObjNameStringDB_data.sql

Depending on your Hardware this can take some time.

Finally we create our first account. Choose new Query in the Server Management and input these commands and run it.

INSERT INTO [ROM_Account].[dbo].[PlayerAccount]
([Account_ID],[Password],[IsMd5Password],[IsAutoConvertMd5])
VALUES
('accountname','password',0,1)
GO

4. Client preparations

I wont be able to provide a Link to the 6.0.7 Client but it is somewhere in this forum. You can even use higher Client Versions up to 6.5.2.

After you have your Client installed go into the Runes of Magic folder and copy the RuneDev.ini from the "Runewaker\Files" folder into it. Then create a shortcut for the Client.exe. Go into the properties of the newly created shortcut and add NoCheckVersion to the path, example:
"C:\RunesOfMagic\Client.exe" NoCheckVersion
This will prevent the game from patching.

Now locate the FDB and WDB folder inside your Client and copy them into the Runewaker\Resource folder

5. Server start and testing

Go into your "Runewaker\RAServerController" folder and use the .exe. This can result in an error that you can dismiss. Following this go into your "C:\Windows\system32" folder and locate the services.msc file. Open it and go through the list until you find RAServerController. Select it and click on start.

Now start the RAServerMonitor.exe from your "Runewaker\RAServerMonitor" folder. Right click on Common and Service and select "start group" You probably won't have enough RAM to run every zone at once but you can start and stop the zones as you need them.

6. Playing

You should now be able to start the Client and login with the created account. Have fun!

If you have ideas how to improve this guide or if i used something without crediting it please feel free to contact me with a private message.

Beatraxz

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could You possibly Reuploud because the file is down and I could'nt Find it Anywhere Else

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
As for the SQL-Part a little hint:

I installed the server yesterday again on Vm-Ware. When it comes to the SQL thingie i got errors when attempting to login with sql authentification.

You have to login to SQL with windows authentification and do this (copy/pasted from google):

• In SQL Server Management Studio Object Explorer, right-click the server, and then click Properties.
  • On the Security page, under Server authentication, select SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode, and then click OK.

Then you can login with user "romuser".

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If someone needs the 6.0.7 client, you can download it here. I know, you can find it on the net, but maybe it helps someone.

Last edited:
Back