Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Guide: Server and Client Installation and Setup

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello how are you question your tutorial is good. but you Might not create images to make it more since parese understand that. Dome solto the server but not complete since I todabia not seem to make anything .. if you can create a tutorial you would 10 thanks

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hard to realise this tuto

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Anyone still have a link or access to the Database? The link is dead. :(

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will no longer be supporting these files, at least until there is a public luascript release (custom or official). If one is released PM me and I will get these files back up ASAP.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Updated, files are being cleaned and uploaded, will update with links tomorrow.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
What to do if there's no error message, only PopUp "Side-by-Side-Configuration not valid" while the PasswordEncrypt for Playercenter.exe?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just want to ask if somebody can help me to set up an RoM private server. I just want to play woth some friend via hamachi and I think that your guide is verry verry good, but I dont know what I have to do in "step 5" and "step 8". I never worked with SQL Server Managment... so maybe some of you can help me. Just send me an PM!

PS: Can anyone give me a link to the SQL Server Managmet? ..... there are so many diverent verions :/:

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just want to ask if somebody can help me to set up an RoM private server. I just want to play woth some friend via hamachi and I think that your guide is verry verry good, but I dont know what I have to do in "step 5" and "step 8". I never worked with SQL Server Managment... so maybe some of you can help me. Just send me an PM

I am no expert, but maybe this will help. Typing this from memory so it might not be perfect, sorry. (Not at home)

Step 5: Open SQL Management and expand the "Security" folder, right click and create user. username needs to be romuser and password should be at least 6 characters I think for the encryption tool to work properly. I just checked everything for rights, but I believe you can just choose "sysadmin" maybe for rights.

Once that is done exit and log back in as romuser into SQL management, then restore the ROM databases with that account.

Step 8: This is a little tricky to explain. In a command line, type "C:\Runewaker\Server\Realm_01_Service\Realm_01_Service\playercenter.exe" "playercenter.ini"
(edit as needed depending on where you setup your server)

You should get a popup of an error message. Keep it open and then open the "RAPasswordEncode.exe" file (under runewaker\tools folder, I think).

In the username field type: runewaker
In the password field type: the error code you got from command line
This will give you a long code. Paste this code in the playercenter.ini file (I think, maybe datacenter.ini?)

Using the same RAPasswordEncode.exe tool, enter username: romuser and password: (password you set for the romuser account in SQL management). This will give you a code. This code needs to be put in almost all the .ini files in the db_password field. (pretty much every line below ones in ini files that say "romuser" is a password field) (be sure to do all ini files in account, services, and zone)

Hopefully that helps some :p: as I mentioned, I am no expert, but I do have a server running.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i don't get the error message... i only got this

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
At first, you have to create a nex .txt!
Than paste this code in it : Start PlayerCenter.exe PlayerCenter.ini
Now go to: Save as..
Save it as : Start.bat
You will get an new file called "´Start.bat" ( it looks like an file with an gear)
Then click on it, the error will come and it will give you the code!

PS: Can anyone give me a link to the right SQL Server managment? There are a lot of versions !

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i don't get the error message... i only got this

Are you just opening the playercenter.exe file? If so, it will not work that way. It has to reference the playercenter.ini file so it knows what configuration to use.

is the .bat file I used to get it working. Just open it with 7zip and place it in the service directory where playercenter.exe is and run it. It might work for you. I am not sure what that error message is saying on your picture (I only know english, sorry

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, im trying to setup the server in vmware and try to connect from the host computer.
As Outside IP i set the ip of the vm.
But i cant connect with my client even if i start it inside the vm, always says me acc name or password is wrong, even if the vm is shut down.
Windows Firewall on the vm is off.

I get a messedge in the server monitor "census not find" and "ControllerClientEvent::OnConnectFailed Code =-1" whats that?
In Ra Server Monitor everything is green.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Could any1 give me a good link for sql management studio plz like somes have asked be4 there are many different versions and its ez to get lost ty for help!

Back