Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Launching server under routers

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did get it going, try the 32bit version VB package.
thx with 32bit visual the server gets green, next problem is, "Connection lost, please check connection or firewall settings." is the error message.
but the firewall from server computer is off.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Set up port forwarding rules on the router EG: port 21002 to the LanIP of the server. In the RuneDev.ini put your internet IP not your lan IP.
In Global.ini
ServerListIP_Outside = 0,0,0,0
SwitchIP_Outside = your internet IP
ProxyIP_Outside = your internet IP
rest of the IP listed are your LanIPs or just 127.0.0.1

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Set up port forwarding rules on the router EG: port 21002 to the LanIP of the server. In the RuneDev.ini put your internet IP not your lan IP.
In Global.ini
ServerListIP_Outside = 0,0,0,0
SwitchIP_Outside = your internet IP
ProxyIP_Outside = your internet IP
rest of the IP listed are your LanIPs or just 127.0.0.1

exactly what i have right now, just got more ports forwarded: 80, 21002, 16401, 16402
should i just set port 21002 and delete the others?
btw my pc that's running the server and my main pc (where i want to play) are both connected to the same router. maybe thats some kind of an issue?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I got those ports forwarded too, could even be the modem/router too. My older router refuses to work with this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
looks like my router(speedport w 723v type b) is pure garbage, supports no dmz or upnp, firewall impossible to turn off with recent firmware and even though i forwarded the ports, some port-check site says that only 16401 and 16402 are open but 21002 still closed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
for the the download link doesnt work, it loads forever...
anyone can upload the files anywhere else?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My server runs on my local computer, but I want one or two friend be able to connect. If I understand this correctly, they put my IP adress in their RuneDev right? And which port do they use?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know this thread is years old and this is a long shot, but does anyone have the source code for the modified switch and proxy files that Munkycs made? I don't need the exe files, i only need the source so i can review the changes that were made for something im working on.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'm trying to test my server over internet, but the thing won't work, and i absolutely have no idea why.

1) I have adressed the three RoM ports in the Fritzbox
2) i adressed the three ports in windows firewall (in/out)
3) also inserted the Switch and proxy.exe into the firewall (in/out)
4) I also have my PC in the router as exposed host (firewall off)
5) also switched off the windows firewall entirely.
6) All 3 global.inis are the same, also runedev has external IP from provider.

Whenever i use a webport test they all state my ports aren't reachable. for example even says my port 80 isn't reachable. Wtf ?
I'm on Win 10 1903, RoMversion is 6.0.7 (patched to 6.3.1.2745)
Internally the server just runs fine. And off course i used the downloaded proxy/Switch exe).

Internet, Email programms...other MMOs working fine.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
First question, did you turn on your server before testing your ports... it will always say closed if you didnt.

next question, in your firewall did you create the rules for the exe files or the ports directly... it needs to be the ports

Last question, the controller uses port 36579 or 36580 depending on the version you have.. did you port forward in your router correctly to your internal IP for the correct pc... for example, forward port 36579 like so... IP 192.168.1.xx, Port 36579, Tcp

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Gosh, thx for your reply. I just found the mistake.

The other day i played with the rom server under VM-Ware Player. And i directed the ports to the vmware machine. Now i deleted them, because i installed the server directly under win 10 and renewed the port forwarding to my pc, and now it works.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Is it possible to use Dyndns services for this? I tested some services, but it won't connect. Anyone tried this ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you really plan on getting your own server running, look into global.ini and try to understand the settings. Should be easy to read and understand.

and btw, you fritzbox is just port forwadring everything to your pc. You need to open ports in your windows firewall, not router

yes you can use dyndns, bt ony if you are using a static ip, since dns servers always match a domain name to an ip. If you ip is changing, dns will not work

sidenote: there is no need to open any ports for RaServerController/Monitor. If you do so, its your own fault getting hacked as hell since 6.0.7 files are not save at all and domos 6.4 sources got a bunch of sql injections too!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I understand. Everything is as I thought. Do you know where I can get a free server like googlecloud? Because I can't open a port to the modem

mollo

mollo

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
there is no free server lol :D you need a running win server with full controll

Mythic Archon
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
OK guys i try all your solution and nothing won't works

server is under router in local network server have internal IP like 10.0.x.x all ports are open (forwarded and insert in Firewall)
when i check that all ports are open they are open i can login and select server but when i press confirm after sellect server i get info that the connection not success check your proxy and firewall.

Global.ini
;Settting for host to allow internet client to connect in
ServerListIP_Outside = 10.0.x.x
ServerListCliPort = 21002
;offer to internet client to connect to switch
SwitchIP_Outside = 10.0.x.x
Switch_CliPort = 16401
;offer to internet client to connect to proxy
ProxyIP_Outside = 10.0.x.x
Proxy_CliPort = 16402

RuneDev.ini
IP: my public IP

update.ini
serverlist_eneu.ini

serverlist_pl.ini

now i thinking where is the problem, if all ports are open and reachable from outside why after login i can't connect with the server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hii

I show you my config in Global.ini. It works well for me.

In my Windows Firewall and router i have open the ports.

In RuneDev.ini i use my free dns as ip.

I recommend using a free dns service such as NoIP and then avoid constantly changing the public ip address in the files.

Second, when you server is ON. Use some tool for chek the ports, for example:

Some Internet provider use CGNAT and it is very annoying for opening ports.

Hope it can help you

Back