Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Reset/Initilize Blackwater Event (Chaos Vortex)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
After seeing some posts from Turmalin and Elssair gave me some motivation to look further in the scripts in the resource folder. I have tried on a few occasions to get Chaos Vortex running but failed.

Well here is what Resets/Initializes the database and starts the event. (code is in 02572.lua)
In game as GM type:

/gm ? pcall Lua_Zone2_WorldPE_Init

To check the event started you can be at the wishing well when you type that, and an NPC should spawn. Also the dbo.worldvar entries in the database for this will be reset.

1st Stage is Donating money, this takes a long time, but you can speed it up a few ways. Server offline just edit the dbo.worldvar entry for Zone2_WorldPE_Money_1, Zone2_WorldPE_Money_2, Zone2_WorldPE_Money_3. Totals must exceed 200,000,000 to trip the next stage. Or while in game try this macro:

/gm ? pcall WorldAC_Bless1(200000000)

2nd Stage is the portal just off to the side of Varanas Bridge, the idea here is kill the mobs, collect crystals and trade them to an npc close by. This stage becomes active after a scene near the wishing well completes. Complete this stage with this macro:

/gm ? pcall Lua_Zone2_WorldPE_PayCrystal(26000)
Then its a short wait till the next stage starts. (I did have to restart Zone2 once during my experimenting, if the zone colour doesn't change to dark purple or the next stage doesn't appear to start you may have to restart the zone as well)
There is a scene with NPCs talking at the wishing well and casting magic at the portal which does take a fair while so be patient, after that completes the portal to Chaos Vortex becomes Active.

Don't forget to open Zone194.
and Happy Killing.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
As for location restart - usually ? reloadplot would be enough(it would reload scripts only).
Nice research!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't know about reloadplot. How does that work.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Change script -> reloadplot -> all scripts in current zone had been reloaded.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't follow what you mean, is this done in the game, or are you referring to using some external program. If it is done in game what do I type in the chat box. And I don't have any external program like the RAweb Tool.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
/gm ? reloadplot
Usual gm command, you just type it in chat. Calling it would reload all server-side scripts for current location.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not sure if it did anything, should I expect a zone restart?.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nope.
At first, enable debug message in runedev.ini - it would give you access to output of commands like ? who and different debug messages. After it you would see message, that say, that you had been reload script or object(depends on command).
Reloadobj would reload changed *.db/*.fdb. For ex., you had change npcobject.db(add new npc). For usual, you would reload location. With this command you can skip location restart and reload just dbs(or scripts, with ? reloadplot).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
At first, enable debug message in runedev.ini - it would give you access to output of commands like ? who and different debug messages.

What exactly do I need to add in the runedev.ini for this? :idea:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
[Debug]
SkipVersionCheck=1
Debug=1
DebugMsg=1

[Server]
Debug=1
DebugMsg=1

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ah I had Debug=1 but not DebugMsg=1. Now I see some interesting server spam

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Those one are DebugMsg function output(or smth. like that)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did /gm ? reloadplot and find it actually stops all running plots, after a server restart only one plot restart, so I had to manually restart what I want running.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yep, it stop.
Would be enough to restart current location to restart it's scripts.
Also, it would be good idea to use it in low-online locations.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
After seeing some posts from Turmalin and Elssair gave me some motivation to look further in the scripts in the resource folder. I have tried on a few occasions to get Chaos Vortex running but failed.

Well here is what Resets/Initializes the database and starts the event. (code is in 02572.lua)
In game as GM type:

/gm ? pcall Lua_Zone2_WorldPE_Init

To check the event started you can be at the wishing well when you type that, and an NPC should spawn. Also the dbo.worldvar entries in the database for this will be reset.

1st Stage is Donating money, this takes a long time, but you can speed it up a few ways. Server offline just edit the dbo.worldvar entry for Zone2_WorldPE_Money_1, Zone2_WorldPE_Money_2, Zone2_WorldPE_Money_3. Totals must exceed 200,000,000 to trip the next stage. Or while in game try this macro:

/gm ? pcall WorldAC_Bless1(200000000)

2nd Stage is the portal just off to the side of Varanas Bridge, the idea here is kill the mobs, collect crystals and trade them to an npc close by. This stage becomes active after a scene near the wishing well completes. Complete this stage with this macro:

/gm ? pcall Lua_Zone2_WorldPE_PayCrystal(26000)
Then its a short wait till the next stage starts. (I did have to restart Zone2 once during my experimenting, if the zone colour doesn't change to dark purple or the next stage doesn't appear to start you may have to restart the zone as well)
There is a scene with NPCs talking at the wishing well and casting magic at the portal which does take a fair while so be patient, after that completes the portal to Chaos Vortex becomes Active.

Don't forget to open Zone194.
and Happy Killing.
These commands work normally, but the vortex has become different and won't reset no matter what I do blue moving things are moving varanas

These commands work normally, but the vortex has become different and won't reset no matter what I do blue moving things are moving varanas
I'm showing it to be easy to understand. With the reset method you showed, this stage is never reset. I reset the map and chaos, still like this.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back