Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Updated DisableTag.ini

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hope i helped and made it clear for others...
Not really, there are some uncertainties you didn't cover.

XX means the country code you use
Do you mean the country setting in client.exe.ini? If yes, make that clear. Not everyone knows right away where this is stored. And where is it stored on the server? Does it even need to be changed on the server?

Hit Winzip"Add to file" when it pops up change the Add to archive to point to update.inf in client folder hit add, In winzip click Tools - click encrypt zip file use this password (tarubK2Vy5gT8Xo6) close and recopy this file back to client.
Do you mean Winrar? Winrar has no "add to file", only "add to archive" and it cannot target .inf files unless you change the filter to All Files. Even then, if you encrypt it with the correct password, it gives an error saying the archive is probably damaged. That step is very confusing.

After this is done make sure you have the following code turned on in Both of the NEW Data folders you created in Cleint and Server.
Again, this is confusing. Do you mean the specialEventFilter in the localization.ini and the event number in the correct disabletag.ini? If yes, specify that.

need to change the 3 locations, Cleint Data folder , Server Data folder, and you need change localization.ini your client and server Country
This is confusing as well. What do you mean exactly? What's the third location? How/What to change?

It would be extremely helpful if someone could provide clear and precise instructions for this

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'm not even a native speaker lol. But if I had trouble putting things in an actually understandable way, I would ask someone with better knowledge to assist with that. It's like trying to explain how to swap an engine block but instead of descriptive text, you give the person in need a lego-style guide booklet.

It may be simple indeed but the way you put it, it's simply and downright confusing.

Edit:
Another thing you didn't clarify (and neither did danny in his thread actually) is this part:
as for you Data.fdb you need to change your disabletag_XX.ini based on your country to have NO events turned ON

...How the heck do I pack the ini file back into Data.fdb? FDBExtractor2 can only extract files. I can doubleclick the file to open it in my temp folder but simply saving it via notepad has no effect because it's not replacing the one inside Data.fdb.

Edit:
Here's what I tried with the localization.ini
I opened update.inf in Winrar via rightclick as instructed and then doubleclicked the ini file. I entered the correct password (tarubK2Vy5gT8Xo6) and It opened in notepad and I was able to change the festival filter there. Upon saving, Winrar showed a popup which asked if I wanted to renew the changed file. I clicked yes and it was added back into the update.inf.

But when starting the game, I didn't get an EULA or a login screen. Just the blank animated background.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I deleted 613 valentine festival from disable tag. What name should I open this event in update.ini? valentine does not work. must have a different name

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Any change you do won't have any effect because you cannot edit the disabletag.ini within data.fdb.

And until someone figures out or comes around to share that kind of info, any instructions about festival changes like the ones above remain useless because they don't explain that important step.

Same with the localization.ini within update.inf which I tried myself on before.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Changing festival IDs requires opening the ini file within data.fdb. but as you can see on the above posts, there is no way to actually edit the file stored inside the fdb because you cannot repack it. I tried the FDB repacking tools I found on the section here as well and it didn't work correctly.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@xSpeedx
but there are friends who open the festivals frankly, I think I used the wrong special event filter = bla bla for valentina

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Probably. But as I said: until someone can provide clear instructions covering the process, it's worthless trying if you lack a working FDB repacking tool.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Flower-Event is the one you want. Indeed it's a bit tricky to change the festivals since you also need the rom.exe (I'm not 100% sure about that) for the active event, since its showing some graphic errors otherwise. (for example you have flower activated and see halloween graphics everywhere).

On my server there is snowflake, i'm not sure if i want to change it ever again ^^

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is plenty of information on this forum to change the festival, changing the disabletag should not be the hard bit. There is various tools that can do it, and you do no need to repack it back into the client. You can run it through a data folder as was already explained by Mollo on a previous thread, its then simply a case of changing the localisation folder inside the update.inf.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
There is plenty of information on this forum to change the festival, changing the disabletag should not be the hard bit. There is various tools that can do it, and you do no need to repack it back into the client. You can run it through a data folder as was already explained by Mollo on a previous thread, its then simply a case of changing the localisation folder inside the update.inf.

Just for the record, "there is plenty of information on this forum" and "there are various tools" is pretty much the equivalent of "i cba explaining". This "figure it out yourself" kinda mindset on this forum is bad enough and a terrible example that should not be followed, ever. This section especially is very unclear on a lot of stuff.

And since you claim that the disabletag file does not need to be repacked into data.fdb, let me ask you this:
- Why does CDWriter specifically instruct to change that?
as for you Data.fdb you need to change your disabletag_XX.ini based on your country to have NO events turned ON ... This way the server and cleint when loaded will see the Data folder and Use the file inside ....

Neither danny's thread nor mollo include that step. Is it false?

And how do I correctly edit the localization.ini within update.inf without fail? I'll add the steps I took in a spoiler here:
I opened update.inf in Winrar via rightclick as instructed and then doubleclicked the ini file. I entered the correct password (tarubK2Vy5gT8Xo6) and It opened in notepad and I was able to change the festival filter there. Upon saving, Winrar showed a popup which asked if I wanted to renew the changed file. I clicked yes and it was added back into the update.inf.

But when starting the game, I didn't get an EULA or a login screen. Just the blank animated background.

Aside from that, I also tried extracting the file, packing it back into a rar file and renaming that to update.inf which made the client fail to start.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You have to extract the file from the data.fdb yes, but where does Cdwriter say to pack it back in? "This way the server and cleint when loaded will see the Data folder". To me clearly seems like its being ran externally.

Mollo already explained in depth in another post how to get it working.

what todo to change the festival:

1. you need to update the "specialEventFilter" inside "localization.ini" inside "update.inf"
&
2. you need to add an ";" in front of the festival ID you wanna run inside of "disabletag_XX.ini" (xx means your language setup!) inside " data" inside data.fdb.

I`m not trying to explain how to get the changes done since your problems focus on where to place the files!
The disabletag_XX.ini needs to be inside the data folder which is is your default game directory!

(ex.
c:/RoM/client.exe
c:/RoM/fdb/data.fdb
c:/RoM/data <- this is the folder you are looking for! (you need to create this folder)
c:/RoM/update.inf

& for the server:

c:/RoMServer/Zones/zone.exe
c:/RoMServer/resources/fdb/
c:/RoMServer/resource/wdb/
c:/RoMServer/resource/data/) <- this is the folder you are looking for! (you need to create this folder)

Well and since the update.inf is just a zip you have to make your changes inside the "localization.ini", save it, close the file and 7zip will automatically ask you if you wanna replace the old file version with yours.

I can suggest not using winrar for editing the update.inf always had issues with it, use 7zip its much more reliable. If the EULA and login screen is missing it means that your update.inf got messed up.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
as for you Data.fdb you need to change your disabletag_XX.ini

I meant this part from him. To be honest, his instructions are very difficult to read on some parts (which I had pointed out anyway). The info about Winrar having issues is new though, I'll try 7zip instead. When I had the EULA and login screen missing, I already assumed that the inf file got screwed over somehow. When I tried that, I had a backup anyway, so there was no real loss.

I also got the paths right, that part is dead obvious and easy to read indeed. My problem was changing the disabletag inside data.fdb as CDWriter said and the update.inf getting screwed, likely by Winrar as you said.

Also, to be perfectly clear: The language setting is important, correct? Mollo says the diabletag.ini depends on the language setting, while CDWriter points at the country code instead.

Edit: I managed to correctly edit the localization.ini file and changed the disabletag.ini to disable halloween and enable SpringRain Festival. However, the game still loaded the halloween festival. My language setup is german, so I used the disabletag_de.ini file.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello, i disabled the 6y ROM in GER. But der server is sending the pakets for the 6th anniversary to the players. Does anyone have a clue where that could that come from?
the npcs where not spawned.
thank you in advance

Back