Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ports windows 2019 server

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Anyone have any issue with some ports needing opened in firewall to get the server running ?

Windows 2019 server DataCenter Only

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I opened the ports but it still does not allow rom to connect , the only time it does is when i open all ports or turn off firewall ....
i have port 21002 , 16401, 16402, 16403 and 16404 open , but here is the thing i using Hamachi and it still does not work with out opening the firewall the second i do this it connects so i know its some port iam missing ?

16401 and 2 are normal server
16403 and 4 is BG

Upvote 0
Inactive
Reaction score
I opened the ports but it still does not allow rom to connect , the only time it does is when i open all ports or turn off firewall ....
i have port 21002 , 16401, 16402, 16403 and 16404 open , but here is the thing i using Hamachi and it still does not work with out opening the firewall the second i do this it connects so i know its some port iam missing ?

16401 and 2 are normal server
16403 and 4 is BG

Hamachi in 2023 :vollkommenauf:

Upvote 0
Inactive
Reaction score
ZeroTier in 2023 :thumbdown::thumbdown:

That's fine you can call my remark ZeroTier all you want. Truth is it's 2023 you can't afford a basic vps? If the answer is no then you shouldn't be trying to run a public server in the first place. This isn't 2010.

Not to mention you created 3 posts related to this issue because your so impatient you cant wait for a response lol.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
ZeroTier is a VPS, and iam not running a server for anyone this is for personal use only..

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Fix:
Windows 2019 Datacenter server protects everything, So you need to add all the server EXE's to firewall to get this to work with an VPS, you also need to turn on Simple TCP. in Server manager next you need to fix Network Discovery by going to services and automating, DNS Client, Function Discovery Resource Publication Properties, and finally you need to automate SSDP Discovery.

Connection with full Firewall after using Hamachi, still working on one with out

Upvote 0
Inactive
Reaction score
Fix:
Windows 2019 Datacenter server protects everything, So you need to add all the server EXE's to firewall to get this to work with an VPS, you also need to turn on Simple TCP. in Server manager next you need to fix Network Discovery by going to services and automating, DNS Client, Function Discovery Resource Publication Properties, and finally you need to automate SSDP Discovery.

Connection with full Firewall after using Hamachi, still working on one with out

How much ram does this game server require to run? I'm asking as i might be able to help u with a cheaper solution.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
from what i can tell for the entire server running 128 gig of ram

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My RoM server (like other games I have tested on localhost or server on VM with client on host) I have never had to open any port. I use Comodo Internet Security Premium 11 and leaving each .exe as "allowed application" is enough. The only application that gives me port problems and I have to create a specific set of rules is emule.

If the client is on another PC I guess I will have to open a port on the router in addition to the above.

Upvote 0
Back