Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Rom (Server?) Stuttering

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Heyho!

I barely have some spare time to do much things to my RoM-Server lately, but for some month now my server stucks when playing and its feeling really bad.

I made a video of this when fighting medusa in heart of ocean. i think if you watch this you can get an idea of how it is. This is also in open world, when mobs partly teleport when they patrol.

Maybe i can prevent installing my server from scratch, i'm not sure if i can get it again to that level 100 state where it is now, because there are so much things in it which the original release from mupu doesn't have. And to be honest, i'm not sure which files i used for all that stuff, lol.

So if someone has an idea, please tell me :D

Cheers

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Heyho!

I barely have some spare time to do much things to my RoM-Server lately, but for some month now my server stucks when playing and its feeling really bad.

I made a video of this when fighting medusa in heart of ocean. i think if you watch this you can get an idea of how it is. This is also in open world, when mobs partly teleport when they patrol.

Maybe i can prevent installing my server from scratch, i'm not sure if i can get it again to that level 100 state where it is now, because there are so much things in it which the original release from mupu doesn't have. And to be honest, i'm not sure which files i used for all that stuff, lol.

So if someone has an idea, please tell me :D

Cheers

Lol maybe it's not a server by himself but just another thing what you dont even think is :8:

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Ok, i think i figured out my problem. As i was constantly playing with data.fdb i had a lot of files in folder "data" uncompressed. Seems this was my problem as you can see in the new video, stutters are gone using the data.fdb only.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Ok, unfortunately not figured out. Changed event from Halloween to Snowflake and stuttering is back.....oh boy. :mellow:

Ok, maybe its some thing of my PC for this, today i started the server and everything is okay.

I mean, my PC isn't that bad...must be windows or sumfing like that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ok, unfortunately not figured out. Changed event from Halloween to Snowflake and stuttering is back.....oh boy. :mellow:

Ok, maybe its some thing of my PC for this, today i started the server and everything is okay.

I mean, my PC isn't that bad...must be windows or sumfing like that.

That i mean :tongue: Time to time its good to reinstall your Win XD
Make beckups of DB and all files and see what happend after new deep reinstalation of windows. Good luck

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Ok, i've tested my Romserver with my wifes pc which is on Windows 10. Seems there its running fine.

My Workstation is on Windows 11...maybe thats the Problem.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Funny thing, i got a copyright claim on this videos by "the owner" Adrev Publishing and Adrev Publsing for a 3rd Party, ripteide music, Pacifica music . thats a joke no ? I guess thats scammers who want a bit of money from youtube.

They call it "Care dweller", this cant be real ^^ and to just make it clear. i dont really care, because i'm no youtuber, but was wondering about this.

The video isn't even listed. Which dumb stupid idiot was it ? :p:

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
would not surprise me , and Adrev Publishing is real ? but are they really the ones who sent it ?

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Yea, thats listed in the details. I mean, the videos were seen 14/46 times, thats nothing and both of them are unlisted and only posted here ^^

I had indeed a read via internet that adrev is a big publishing ltd in the US. But i still do not believe that they composed the music for Runes of magic, and especially the atmospheric sounds in Heart of Ocean. Its not even real music ?

Also got claimes for my dalanis video (also unlisted and only posted here) for "Breaking the Lines" from Pacifica Trailer Vault and "Rolling Hills" by Pacifica Music.

At the end it could be that youtube algorythm made a mistake here.

But as i said, i don't really care. I just found it interessting that this happens with those videos which music for sure is made in china, maybe by a composer from runewaker.

Edith: I reinstalled my PC now again with Windows 10 and everything is fine now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back