Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Version Control between Client and Server

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello everyone, as I mentioned in the title, I want to change the version control between the server and the client, so I don't want to enter the game with the other x64 client. Where can I change this control?For example, you cannot connect to a 6.0.7 client and a 6.5.2 server. Like this
Where should I look in the source?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
okay, you need to understand some things before you can solve this problem:
1. Not being able to connect with a X32 client to a x64 server is something that has todo with the sourcecode itself.
2. Not being able to connect with a wrong version is done via the patch server. It checks the updat.inf of the client and server and finds out, if the asking client is allowed to connect.

If you want to work on the client source, you will need a c++ coder who is able to work inside the code and understand what these x32 and x64 bit things mean!

Sorry for the (kind of) bad news :/

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes, but there is a situation, by making insidetestserver 1, this validation is exceeded. and a different sample client. With 4.0 exe, 607 exe server is down, no internet connection author, even if you do inside test server 1, this is exactly what I need. I looked at the source codes, but I couldn't find where exactly the version verification is done.

Upvote 0
Back