Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Point Blank: Resurgence

Reaction score
Hi,

I've always interested in PB and have played it back in the days. Jmandupree asked if I'd be interested in playing around with these sources that were released a year ago.

We'll be using the 2019 released server, but we'll fix it up.

Plans are:

- Make the code up to standards. Its all static bs all over the place. :barf:
- Upgrade the code to .NET Core 3.1 / 5 so it can be ran on Linux.
- Replace PostgreSQL with MySQL, its just friendlier in my opinion.
- Adding custom modes.
- Add tooling & features to improve the development cycle, simplify the progress of tedious actions (Adding new weapons, configuring etc)

Ideas are welcome

I'm not too experienced with the game data structures, so if you have any helpful information, feel free to contact me.

If you want to follow our progress, you can do so by visting our discord: We'll host live coding sessions couple times a week!

VuL6uky - Point Blank: Resurgence - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
I've been working on replacing PostgreSQL with MySQL, it just has my preference, however its now very easy to replace it for any other database framework. I've added in Dapper and will slowly replace everything with dapper queries which greatly reduce the amount of boilerplate sql code.

The projects have also been upgrade to .NET 5.0 in order to use some language features.

The MasterServer project has been completely moved to dependency injection.

The internal logger has been replaced with the Microsoft Ilogging interface and we'll use NLog as our logging provider.

Configuration is now a single .json file. Right now it has pretty much all the settings however I will move those settings to the database so that the configuration json will only have the minimum settings to get the sever running.

We've been working out more ideas about future features and integrations, some exciting things are happening.

Back