Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TUTORIAL] Pef Files Edit - How to edit some attributes

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
*I'm here to share this for free with all of you. Here is the tutorial.*

You gonna need 3 archives:
Notepad++ 32Bits ( )
Hex Editor Extension ( )
Pef Decryptor (You can find here http://forum.ragezone.com/f904/release-blank-mod-tools-i3pack-1153057)
Some Hex Calculator.

How to add this plugin to notepad++:
1 - Go to notepad++ folder.
2 - Extract the DLL into plugins folder.

Tutorial:
1 - Extract the file Weapon.pef from Script.i3pack.
2 - Decrypt this PEF using PEF Decryptor.
3 - After this, you can see a new file (Weapon.pef.dec). Open this using Notepad++.
4 - Now click on Plugins > HEX-Editor > View in Hex. (see this image ).
5 - Now you need to find the weapon you want to edit, lets edit (K-1). You need to put (TRN3) on the name, so lets search for (K-1TRN3).
ddazMYj - [TUTORIAL] Pef Files Edit - How to edit some attributes - RaGEZONE Forums

6 - Now lets look for something to edit, lets suppose you wanna edit the Vertical Recoil. Let's go up the page a bit and look for anything that has to do with vertical recoil.
umg4oiT - [TUTORIAL] Pef Files Edit - How to edit some attributes - RaGEZONE Forums

7 - We found this, RecoilVertMax. We need to edit this values :
qPVZePi - [TUTORIAL] Pef Files Edit - How to edit some attributes - RaGEZONE Forums
*My file is already edited, your file gonna show more values before this, but is the same value.

8 - We have only 4 Hex values (00 00 e8 40), it's is (7.25). This is the factor used in the math of the game. When we change it to 0, the recoil stay at 0 too.
9 - Lets change it to 0, you just need to replace this (00 00 e8 40) for (00 00 00 00).
10 - After this, you can save the file and open the pef decryptor. But now change the option to (Encrypt).
11 - Rename the file (Weapon.pef-) to (Weapon.pef) and replace into Script.i3pack.
12 - Do the same process to add a pack into PB.

What you can Edit:
Ext_RecoilVertFactor - Extension vertical recoil (change to 00 00 00 00)
Ext_RecoilHorzFactor - Extension horizontal recoil (change to 00 00 00 00)
RecoilVertMax - Maximum vertical recoil (change to 00 00 00 00)
RecoilVertAngle - Vertical recoil angle (change to 00 00 00 00)
RecoilHorzMax - Maximum horizontal Recoil (change to 00 00 00 00)
RecoilHorzAngle - Vertical horizontal angle (change to 00 00 00 00)
Deviation - Deviation (change to 00 00 00 00)
FireBulletCount - Number of bullets per shot (Change to 0A, more than this can crash your game)
Range - Bullet distance.
Explosion_Range - If you increase the grenade, it raises the range of damage

If you find more, share with us.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Shh, quiet, you might piss somebody off
Developer
Reaction score
i'm gonna leave link do PEFDecryptor, is really funny about how long this tool was around here and i havent noticed XD.
as well i leave pb development people can just download here and use it:

Compiled with vs 2017, tested on windows 10.

Reaction score
The struct .pef file is the same as an i3pack struct file that starts with 49 33 52 32 (I3R2).

this is i3pack file :
5M0n13v - [TUTORIAL] Pef Files Edit - How to edit some attributes - RaGEZONE Forums
this is pef file :
C99UBCP - [TUTORIAL] Pef Files Edit - How to edit some attributes - RaGEZONE Forums
to make it easier, you can find it after getting the data 'DirTable'. you can find the offsets from janglapuk i3pack source. this is the offsets :
uQ98k2u - [TUTORIAL] Pef Files Edit - How to edit some attributes - RaGEZONE Forums
and you can decrypt it with 3 bit from janglapuk encdec tool (i remake it from c++ to c# btw lol. so, this is not janglapuk's tool)
C4n4Mey - [TUTORIAL] Pef Files Edit - How to edit some attributes - RaGEZONE Forums
this is the data of DirTable from Character.pef :
0iTuPvH - [TUTORIAL] Pef Files Edit - How to edit some attributes - RaGEZONE Forums
then, i parse raw data (the data is in the photo above) (and its using my own tools for parsing btw) for easy reading. will be like this :
OdLONu3 - [TUTORIAL] Pef Files Edit - How to edit some attributes - RaGEZONE Forums
the order of the names of the data above is this (you can get this using offset stringtables) :
2C8rFyw - [TUTORIAL] Pef Files Edit - How to edit some attributes - RaGEZONE Forums

the data is the same sequence (nodeinfo and stringtable). here I will give an example :
I will search for data for 'InvincibleTime'. from the stringtable sequence, 'InvincibleTime' is number 12. I retrieve data from the nodeinfo whose index is 12 (0C hex). I got data like this:
00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 6E 39 03 00 00 00 00 00 67 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

the data can be described using NodeInf offset in the first photo. so the data is like this

Code:
char _0x0000 [4] = 00 00 00 00
DWORD dwIndex = 0C 00 00 00
char _0x0008 [4] = 00 00 00 00
DWORD dwOffset = 6E 39 03 00
char _0x0010 [4] = 00 00 00 00
DWORD dwSize = 67 00 00 00
char _0x0018 [4] = 00 00 00 00

You can search for 'InvicibleTime' data directly by looking for data from the offset (the data is 'LittleEndian'. so the value is 00 03 39 6E) you can immediately search the offset. then it will get data like this from Character.pef:
nd0xZOu - [TUTORIAL] Pef Files Edit - How to edit some attributes - RaGEZONE Forums

finally, you can change the value of 'InvicibleTime' :)
-------------------
You can't easily modify the Script.i3pack btw. You will get this after modifying it :

qq9B40a - [TUTORIAL] Pef Files Edit - How to edit some attributes - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So how to make Data Editable And Dont Show Message "STR_TBL_GLOBALDEF_GAMEINTERFACE_DATA_CRACKED1" Sir, Please Help Me

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Same problem with u sir, i have tools property editor from this forum. It tools can modify pef file so easily, but after u save and try to play point blank, u can find that message. I don't have solution now. Maybe someone here can help us.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Same problem with u sir, i have tools property editor from this forum. It tools can modify pef file so easily, but after u save and try to play point blank, u can find that message. I don't have solution now. Maybe someone here can help us.
where you got the tools? can you give me a keywords?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You can't easily modify the Script.i3pack btw. You will get this after modifying it :

qq9B40a - [TUTORIAL] Pef Files Edit - How to edit some attributes - RaGEZONE Forums

So I tried to change the weapon ID in Weapon.pef, everything was recorded correctly, only now the error STR_TBL_GLOBALDEF_GAMEINTERFACE_DATA_CRACKED2

Suspicions that the CRC32 of the Weapon.pef file is stored somewhere

Who has already solved this problem, please share the solution

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So I tried to change the weapon ID in Weapon.pef, everything was recorded correctly, only now the error STR_TBL_GLOBALDEF_GAMEINTERFACE_DATA_CRACKED2

Suspicions that the CRC32 of the Weapon.pef file is stored somewhere

Who has already solved this problem, please share the solution

Script (2) Name

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
1701575491138 - [TUTORIAL] Pef Files Edit - How to edit some attributes - RaGEZONE Forums

how to dump this file ?

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i have it but how do i start the pef decrypter ? there are many files and none works
1706636781118 - [TUTORIAL] Pef Files Edit - How to edit some attributes - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hey just wondering how you guys get the weapon id from the game ?
because i want to add some new weapon in my games

Back