Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

help db / www

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi guys . first of all im very pleb with doing anything in ubuntu so i just followed tutorials

all good till i got stuck at a point where im using a simple www. website and it appears like this

hellwalker - help db / www - RaGEZONE Forums

idk what is wrong
i configured all ip inside db name / pass

phpmyadmin is worin
mysql is workin
i have gone to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/phpmyadmin . i create a new db and name it also restored it with the right name

do i need to do few more steps to connect to db ? maybe that why it displays like this ?
i also allow ufw ports

and also if i want to go thro navicat connect to db it refuses connection .
server is configured workin great with no errors
. i just stuck here on this web thing ... so i cant make an account till i make website work or be able to connect thro navicat .

pls help ? im using ubuntu 16.04 lts 32 bit

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Open all your .php files and where it says <? change it to <?php
Also if you're using newer php version the register script might not work you will have to re-work it.

im using apache2 pack with latest updates . i have no llamp or something like that . like i saw on some posts around here

after editing all with <?php now it seems the register page is gone :3

this is the web . it was configured with the ip needed . also with localhost or 127.0.0.1 .

and about the navicat ? can u help ? i write the ip . and root and pass and return with error connection refused . even when i try to test connect or connect directly

later edit . i got navicat workin . had something to do with updating password on mysql . website still down . im able to connect in the game . but there is a thing when i log in with the account there is characters created and all of them have the name : default-user just different weapon class

no mater how many acc i get all get the same name

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
got the account character user names fixed . also i have a question . what do i need to edit in the ip tables to set the server to public so my friend can connect ? replay 127.0.0.1 with my ip but in what files ?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
got the account character user names fixed . also i have a question . what do i need to edit in the ip tables to set the server to public so my friend can connect ? replay 127.0.0.1 with my ip but in what files ?

About navicat search in google for remote MySQL I suggest you to use phpmyadmin instead navicat and just do some securities. About your friends get your external IP.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah i got phpmyadmin secured
About mysql i needed it to open with pass in order to make account with a tool since web is not workin . My external ip should i replace some files with it in server ? Cuz allnof them are set to 127.0.0.0 and it seems im the only one able to connect

<php
error_reporting(0);

Sorry what do you mean

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You don't need to change anything in server files if you want to make it public, all you have to do just do port forward your vm machine that contain JD Server file IP in your router settings *if your router ISP provide public IP

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You don't need to change anything in server files if you want to make it public, all you have to do just do port forward your vm machine that contain JD Server file IP in your router settings *if your router ISP provide public IP

so i did port forward the ip of vm wich is located on ifconfig ipv4 with ports 80 and 29000 . and still nothing . maybe i didn't port forward the right ip ?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, your local physical VM IP which is used by glinkd (connection port) 29000. all you have to just go to your router setting page. and every routers are differents for setting up port forward. and not all ISP (Internet Service Provider) give u public IP Access.

Upvote 0
Back