Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Hello! New here.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found this forum by pure luck, while trying to find a way to use the models from Space Cowboy, on my hobby projects in Unity :)

It was my favorite game off all time and it is a dream of mine to learn how an MMO works.

On the past several hours I've been reading a lot of posts here, fights for source code (And a lot of frustration with people asking questions :lol: )

I would like to know, where can I start? if I say my goal is to get one of those source codes running, being able to edit and overall just learn.

I'm new to programing and game design (mostly just C# and Unity)

I'd like to believe I'm a techy guy, just not on programing. I work as a support engineer for storage solutions NAS/SAN data protocols/networking

Any advice on what can I start learning? (I'll do the googling myself :D:)

I don't want to impose myself on anyone's time, just looking for some overall good advice on where to start (what topics to study) and I'll get on watching courses online :)

Thank you!

Edit: Well seems it is just about C++,SQL and DirectX? for WINAPI? is that it? :)
I still have issues with opening the darn models on the .obj files in blender.
I was able to decompress them using one of the tools used here, and I got the .x file yet I could not export it into Blender (2.79) I guess I'll learn that on the way.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I swear I tried that already! seems the convertor I was using had a problem with .fbx but! Colada just worked for me!I just used And for the files I could decompress the .obj files using ARipper provided here in the forum This gives me a lot to play with. Thank you :laugh:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I swear I tried that already! seems the convertor I was using had a problem with .fbx but! Colada just worked for me!I just used And for the files I could decompress the .obj files using ARipper provided here in the forum This gives me a lot to play with. Thank you :laugh:
Assimp can help. It can convert to any format.

Hersonrock - Hello! New here. - RaGEZONE Forums

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you! I will definitely check that out the second link for disk.yadex.ru seems broken though :)

Assimp can help. It can convert to any format.

I managed to get it build with Cmake for windows, and VS 2017. I got a binary named assimp.exe and unit.exe, and some other sample files (it seems)

but.. I cannot seem to figure out how to use it.
I was checking this docs on the Readme files.

Import:

Export:

I have not reached file handling just yet on c++, is this the only way to use it? I hoping for atleast some basic GUI :)

I'm still new on a lot of this :D . How do you usually use it?
EDIT: I figured it out! assimp.exe works via cmd.

1) Went to the directory via windows CMD
2) ran the command "help" and assimp export --help
3) ran the command "assimp export 12053600.x exported.obj"
and it worked perfectly:dancemental:!

This is such a powerful tool. Much better than that crappy page :D
Thank you very much.

Seems

FBX-Format, as ASCII and binary (.fbx)

Is working the best with the .jpg textures on the .obj files

Now I have to dig a little into 3D modeling to understand how the animations work :D...

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello, my question is.
Could you read the movement that each .x has?
I am able to convert the .x file but I do not get the movements that are included in the .x

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello, my question is.
Could you read the movement that each .x has?
I am able to convert the .x file but I do not get the movements that are included in the .x

same question, I wonder if .x file can be imported into Blender with animation

Upvote 0
Back