Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[VB.Net][Dev] MapleBuddy

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Day 1:
Decided to make an AI like application for maplestory that will make MapleStory development a lot more convenient for people.

When you first open the application it will ask you if you are doing maplestory development (used for those who set this application to load on windows start)

1d632f26e7a98bf20454181e8b89139a - [VB.Net][Dev] MapleBuddy - RaGEZONE Forums

the "MapleDev!" option will allow the user to open a UI scene in the next pic, and "No thanks!" will close the app.

If it is your first time opening the application you will be greeted by a setup page to "setup" your server.

91d892db67ce9bbbdd8e402674326359 - [VB.Net][Dev] MapleBuddy - RaGEZONE Forums

b049bce808be018fcbc5d8fae25f8690 - [VB.Net][Dev] MapleBuddy - RaGEZONE Forums

You can choose one of the 4 images at the bottom to have an NPC that will speak to you when you do things such as start the server and whatnot.

Next you will be greeted by the home page that will allow you to create even more server if you choose.
It states the first three letters of the dev name and the version it is on

103c41a30171b021cc83de5ec8ca4ecf - [VB.Net][Dev] MapleBuddy - RaGEZONE Forums

Had to run the app or you would just see a blank tile due to the label being altered

When you select the server you are working on you will be greeted by the form for development.

d5cb735330937e88396922331c387df5 - [VB.Net][Dev] MapleBuddy - RaGEZONE Forums

Of coarse I'll be adding in a poop ton of new options! Please add in below what you would like to see in an application like this!

To-do:
-Voice communication for specific commands via google voice api
-Interactive characters based on which of the 4 you chose
-Design overhaul

Once I have it at a nice enough place I'll release it with updates (if I manage to), I figure a "nice enough place" should be like 2-7 days from now.

Day 2:

Started working on the speech recognition to allow custom commands directly to the application. I figured out a bypass to being able to launch .bat's and .jar's out of their directories and have it load the files associated with it, without needing any external program!

Speech recognition is nice and functional! (Would use google voice to text API however sending post data in vb.net seems a bit tedious when I could just use microsofts "SpeechRecognitionEngine")

It's working out wonderfully and I am actually implementing it tonight due to how cool this project seems.

In fact.... HERE IS A VIDEO FOR YOU PEEPS!

Seriously give me suggestions. Thank you.

Heres a second video for today showing the implementation

Day 3

Current Commands:

Start Form-
Start (Starts the application)
No (Ends the application)

Main Form-
New (Allows you to add another server [not implemented yet])
Refresh (Resets your current server and allows you to implement a new one)
Development (Takes you to my thread)

Dev Menu Form-
Start Server
Close Server
Start Sequel
Close Sequel
Start Editor
Close Editor
Start Local
Show
Hide
Main Menu
Kill Code Nine
Exit

Day 4: Breakday, went to Universal studios horror nights with a few friends. Girl I liked brought a date, FML.

If you would like to try out my application please PM me, I need someone with Windows xp, someone with Windows 8, someone with windows 8.1, and someone with windows 10 to message me!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Now this is what this section really needs. I have some suggestions tough:
- Make sure to add a "Fix error" button (sorry I meant voice command) too incase there are errors when starting the server.
- Get a better picture of cygnus, the male posters deserve something better than that (Hilia is just not everyone's thing)
- It should be possible to make your maplebuddy of choice appear in your IDE (like Microsoft Office)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Just a question, but why VB?

People seem to believe it is a horrible language. However that is impossible as every language is able to do what a majority of other languages can. VB.Net is simplistic and has very nice ease of use.

Added a new video showcasing the program and such in the main post.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Added day 3's progress in the OP :3

your videos are the best part, more videos!!!11

Also, just curious. Do you plan on making it configurable so that we can customize the voice commands? In case we wanted to say "Launch" or "Initialize" instead of "Start", we would have the option too? (just curious about the customization you plan to have).

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
your videos are the best part, more videos!!!11

Also, just curious. Do you plan on making it configurable so that we can customize the voice commands? In case we wanted to say "Launch" or "Initialize" instead of "Start", we would have the option too? (just curious about the customization you plan to have).

It really depends, since I'm using .Net's speech reference instead of a more professional and better suited one like google voice it is sometimes pretty hard to say words :3 but i'll try to add in support.

Back