Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

All addresses for v83 resolution change

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if i change this adress value cannot find proper 2d screen err occurs TT
// CWvsApp::InitializeGr2D
0x009F7B1D + 1 = screenHeight
0x009F7B23 + 1 = screenWidth

Either the resolution you're setting those values to is invalid, your monitor does not support that resolution, or you are opening the client in full screen. I recommend only enabling custom resolution when your client is in window mode. Other than that, there's a bug in Gr2D with BPP when creating the backbuffer for DX8.. but that is most likely not your issue here.

Kaotic Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score

anyone know how to change offset of camera Y level? so that it can sorta match gms current res?
or maybe its bottom boundary on the map.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

anyone know how to change offset of camera Y level? so that it can sorta match gms current res?

Not sure if it’s possible, would like to know as well. I’m wondering if it would be height / 2 or close to that as it looks directly centered. Would be cool if you could change the zoom level of the camera too.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
trying to update the client to 1024x768 via these addresses but getting "command mnemonic expected" at 0x00BE2738 when trying to assemble (screenWidth / 2), 200. what needs to be appended and/or removed to resolve this?

hHe9sDl - All addresses for v83 resolution change - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
trying to update the client to 1024x768 via these addresses but getting "command mnemonic expected" at 0x00BE2738 when trying to assemble (screenWidth / 2), 200. what needs to be appended and/or removed to resolve this?

hHe9sDl - All addresses for v83 resolution change - RaGEZONE Forums

Ctrl+E and edit Hex dump.

I would also like to know that.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey! I like reading all these replies and they are a great help.
I am figuring out how to make my HeavenMS based server "HD", but for now it would be a great improvement if the full screen option could be borderless so people dont have to alt-tab out of the game. Is there a address to allow this?
I am not good enough to find this address my self, so if someone knows how that would be great, its also fine if i get pointed in the right direction.

^ i got this all fixed.

Im just looking for a way to get my client borderless or fullscreen with the "white bar with the minimize and close button", if you know what i mean xD lol.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Which address is the background of the chat box?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
To answer your question though: yes, I've done this for Phoenix and uwu. Basically everything stays default 800x600, but when you enter in-game it re-adjusts and re-calculates all offsets and dimensions to your custom resolution. Then, when you go back to the login screen (or even the Cash Shop), it will re-adjust back to 800x600.

However, there's two important things to note with this: First, you cannot do this with a localhost. It is required to have a DLL for your client if you want to make this possible. Second, and most importantly, v89+ clients have updated Gr2D support and you can just call the same functions that v95 does (this is what Croosade does and what I do with uwu, for example). Buuuut, if you're using a pre-v89 client, then you have to backport Gr2D resolution adjusting functions in order for it to work (this is what I do with Phoenix).

I can't see how you can not do this with a localhost.
seems like it can be done with just simple codecaving
i'll never understand why would people prefer doing things using a dll rather than hard coding it for reasons other than "keeping your edits private so people won't steal it". especially here when it's a matter that has literally gone public
people recommend against using a hex editor for some odd reason

on another note i think everyone here forgot about the most important addy for full res change
the one for the party search "buff like" searching sprite
how can you even play proper maple without proper party search animation location??

Staff member
Reaction score
on another note i think everyone here forgot about the most important addy for full res change
the one for the party search "buff like" searching sprite
how can you even play proper maple without proper party search animation location??

yay it's my time to shine!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I can't see how you can not do this with a localhost.
seems like it can be done with just simple codecaving

The reason it couldn't be code-caved was because the way I backported it originally was by creating a custom vftable and patched over the original one within Gr2D. It was a total mess and I eventually rewrote how I did it to where you could do some simple code-caves if you wanted to. However, I guess if you truly wanted to suffer you could've done it all directly in assembly within the client, but it wouldn't have been very "simple" codecaving.

i'll never understand why would people prefer doing things using a dll rather than hard coding it for reasons other than "keeping your edits private so people won't steal it". especially here when it's a matter that has literally gone public
people recommend against using a hex editor for some odd reason

If you only intend to customize a single version of the game, then yeah I see nothing wrong with doing everything via localhost if you prefer that way. I can't speak for others, but the primary reason I use a DLL is because I intend for my edits to support every version of the game to some degree. With my DLL, the HD resolution adjustments are automatically analyzed from hundreds of AoBs targeted for the client's version and is therefore universally plug-and-play for all pre-bb clients.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The reason it couldn't be code-caved was because the way I backported it originally was by creating a custom vftable and patched over the original one within Gr2D. It was a total mess and I eventually rewrote how I did it to where you could do some simple code-caves if you wanted to. However, I guess if you truly wanted to suffer you could've done it all directly in assembly within the client, but it wouldn't have been very "simple" codecaving.

If you only intend to customize a single version of the game, then yeah I see nothing wrong with doing everything via localhost if you prefer that way. I can't speak for others, but the primary reason I use a DLL is because I intend for my edits to support every version of the game to some degree. With my DLL, the HD resolution adjustments are automatically analyzed from hundreds of AoBs targeted for the client's version and is therefore universally plug-and-play for all pre-bb clients.
nothing prevents you from "vmt hooking" by patching the binary itself
the real reason to inject a dll rather than writing shellcode in the exe itself would be to keep the original maple binary signed, and to actually write your code in clean c++

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
nothing prevents you from "vmt hooking" by patching the binary itself
the real reason to inject a dll rather than writing shellcode in the exe itself would be to keep the original maple binary signed, and to actually write your code in clean c++

Well that's why I said if you prefer to suffer, then you could write out the vmt hook in assembly directly within the binary. Also, the original maple binary isn't signed to begin with if we're still talking in terms of the public localhosts we use (which is what I believe he was referring to).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well that's why I said if you prefer to suffer, then you could write out the vmt hook in assembly directly within the binary. Also, the original maple binary isn't signed to begin with if we're still talking in terms of the public localhosts we use (which is what I believe he was referring to).

v84 looks signed to me
pKxnbNK - All addresses for v83 resolution change - RaGEZONE Forums

using an injected module over the public localhosts allows you to use an officially signed client therefore less bothersome antivirus detections

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Which address is the background of the chat box?

I realize this is very old, but I thought I'd share what I've gleaned from digging through all of this.

0x008D628B is for the background for the text area.
0x008D6300 is for the scroll bar on the chat text area.
0x008D4AFB is for the little grab/resize bar on it (I think)

I believe these are just vertical offsets, though. not sure what corresponds to horizontal, or if that's implied from the position of other assets.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What the buck am I suooosed to do with theee

Back