Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] Client load .img instead of .wz v62~v92

Reaction score
when u do it to v83 localhost str edits it breaks the client dunno why i set them to "Data" and "DataT"

yea it wont work cuz i dont know how to code the DATA TYPE in c# so i have to wait.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It's easier to have the DLL change the path, fyi lol

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I tried it with v83 and I don’t think it can get pass get_rm so it may be wrong address.

I'm also getting the same error code as resinate.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
v83 doesn't have get_rm() afaik, the code is just inlined. What get_rm() does is return &g_rm (which is the value 0xBF14E8). Replace auto g_rm = maple::methods::get_rm(); with auto g_rm = 0xBF14E8;

Same for get_root.

The PcSetRootNameSpace address for v83 is also wrong. In v83, you have to call the function that 0xBF0CD0 points to. (auto PcSetRootNameSpace = *(int (__cdecl**)(int,int))0xBF0CD0;).

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
v83 doesn't have get_rm() afaik, the code is just inlined. What get_rm() does is return &g_rm (which is the value 0xBF14E8). Replace auto g_rm = maple::methods::get_rm(); with auto g_rm = 0xBF14E8;

Same for get_root.

The PcSetRootNameSpace address for v83 is also wrong. In v83, you have to call the function that 0xBF0CD0 points to. (auto PcSetRootNameSpace = *(int (__cdecl**)(int,int))0xBF0CD0;).

Most of that was handled here:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
its cuz of data type in cpp files, this tool is not ment for ppl like us only really adv pros can use this atm

Did you happen to get yours to work? If so, what did you do?
resinate My bad, accidentally quoted wrong one. Meant to quote Feras

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yeah buttbeam and I got it to work on v83.
Folder structure: (note that the folder names dont end in .wz, that wasted a bit of my time LOL)
c5KezuK - [RELEASE] Client load .img instead of .wz v62~v92 - RaGEZONE Forums

And you need List.wz in the same directory as the client (as a wz file, not a folder.) While the client does access those stringpool indices, we're replacing the entire function and we just use string literals instead of stringpool. STREDIT should not be needed at all. If your client loads up for a couple seconds then crashes with that error, then the code is probably fine and you just need to fix your folder structure. (I just looked at the OP and rewrote it for v83 myself, but those links you guys are sharing probably work just fine.)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hm, I have the exact same thing. Basically here's my structure:

MapleStory
>Data
>>Character
>>Effect
>>etc..
>MapleStory.exe
>CIL.dll
>blah.dll

Unless I didn't export the files correctly? I used HaRepacker to export them as .img.
Did you use the addys that Saleem provided for 83?

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Do you have a clean List.wz with MapleStory.exe? And yeah I have the same addresses (I use less functions to achieve it but it's the same thing.)
Are you getting the 0x80030002 error?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yeah its a clean List.wz. I haven't tried a clean v83 client yet. Maybe I'll give that a try. Did you put List.wz in the MapleStory folder?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yeah List.wz is in the maple folder alongside the client. I've only tried with clean .wz files but my client is heavily edited and it works fine.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Okay I see, so you used the original code, I was using what Saleem made, so I'll mess with it and I'll get back to you if I managed to get it to work, thanks!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yeah List.wz is in the maple folder alongside the client. I've only tried with clean .wz files but my client is heavily edited and it works fine.

thanks, added to main post :kiss:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Alright update:

I changed the stuff from Saleem's codes and I managed to get past what I couldn't get past initially. I'm debugging by adding print message each line, and here where it stopped working:

Code:
auto fsinitret = IWzFileSystem__Init(pDataFileSystem, nullptr, pDataStr);

Any idea?

Also from your code, you included Hook.h, where'd you get that from?

Edit:

Update: Managed to make it through all the way to the end, but getting Invalid Pointers.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
edit: whoops, shouldnt have said that

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Code:
Hook::hook(0x9F7159, (DWORD)&initresman);

This basically just writes a jmp instruction at 0x9F7159, jumping to our initresman's address. It's identical to all the SetHook stuff found in the other links being shared here. My dll is full of other edits so I do have some extra dependencies in there but my img loading poop should be easy to just copy-paste.

For me the client would load up and show a white screen for a couple seconds, then close and give the 0x80030002 error, which was fixed by cleaning up the folder structure. Idk about any other errors, might be problems in the code you guys used.

Also I suggest putting this around your code before compiling:

#pragma optimize("", off)
//code here
#pragma optimize("", on)

Some of the code is pretty unsafe and can break when the compiler tries optimizing it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@buttbeam I almost got it to work, I just get the invalid pointers error, any suggestion?
@Feras That's exactly what I did, so I'm assuming its probably doing the optimize considering I did folder structure correctly.

Edit:
This is the error I'm getting
8ed52b2f91610ea8f4ba2c1d35f85760 - [RELEASE] Client load .img instead of .wz v62~v92 - RaGEZONE Forums

And my folder structure
8bcfebf5b23909921584eba5eecd815c - [RELEASE] Client load .img instead of .wz v62~v92 - RaGEZONE Forums

List.wz is inside the "Testing" folder along with the dll and MapleStory.exe

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back