Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v176] Client + Bypass

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The localhost setup has everything needed to connect locally. The MapleStory.exe in the folder is the unpacked version so you have to replace it.

Localhost setup:

If you want people to connect remotely change the IP ( and name if you want ) in MoonLight.cpp in the DLL source:

Code:
const char* moonlightWindowName = "MoonLight";
const char* moonlightRedirectIP = [B]"127.0.0.1"[/B];

Source (DLL):

Source(Client/Injector):

This might work for other versions but I made it to help people create servers based on Swordie's 176.

Swordie Discord:

Swordie 176 Source:

Here's how to set this up for any possible configuration you need.

For any possible use you must download the first download (176Client.rar) and replace "MapleStory.exe" and "NGClient.aes" in your MapleStory folder. I recommend backing up your files istead of replacing them, easy way to do this is just to rename them. Also you need to copy "Bypass.dll" into the folder.

If you're just using this to connect to a server hosted on the same computer, just use "MoonLight.exe" and "MoonLight.dll" in 176Client.rar. Run "MoonLight.exe" as administrator, right click it in your taskbar and hit play.

If you want to connect to a server hosted on another computer (in your local area network or outside of your network) you'll have to download the second link, "Source (DLL)".

1) Download it, extract it, and double click the solution file. (.sln)

Visual Studio should open up and towards the right you'll see the solution explorer.

2) Expand "MoonLight", then expand "Source Files", double click "MoonLight.cpp".

On lines 8 & 9 change the WindowName to whatever you want the MapleStory window to be called and change the IP to wherever you're connecting. (CAVEAT: This isn't 100% confirmed but from testing it seems it has to be an IP address, not a domain. "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" not "sub.main.com")

3) Change from Debug x64 to Release x86 or you'll run into errors.

4)Build the solution and you'll have your .dll in "\MoonLight\Release\MoonLight.dll"

If you want to rename the .dll and/or change the website it takes you to when you click vote on the client, you'll have to rebuild the client using the third link, "Source (Client/Injector)".

1) Download it, extract it, and double click the solution file. (.sln)

Visual Studio should open up and towards the right you'll see the solution explorer.

2) Expand "MoonLight" and double click "Client.cs"

On lines 17 & 18 change the dll name if you renamed your dll and change the website url if you want to change where the vote option takes you.

3) Change from Debug to Release or you'll run into errors.

4) Build the solution and you'll have your .exe in "\Client\Test_Client\bin\Release\MoonLight.exe"
credits for usage guide go to g1
credits go to everyone on the swordie discord who helped & the creator of GK's bypass.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thanks for release time for me to play BluntestStory :junglejane:

THIS RELEASE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY AUTHHOOK GANG / REBIRTH GANG

Disable Nexon Logging

Code:
bool Hook_WriteStageLogA(bool bEnable)
{
    Log(__FUNCTION__" %d", bEnable);

typedef int(__cdecl* pWriteStageLogA)(int nIdx, ZXString szMessage);

static auto _WriteStageLogA =
        (pWriteStageLogA)(GetFuncAddress("nxgsm", "WriteStageLogA"));

pWriteStageLogA Hook = [](int nIdx, ZXString szMessage) -> int
    {
        auto ret = (DWORD)_ReturnAddress();

Log("WriteStageLogA: %d | %s", nIdx, szMessage);

return 0;

};

return SetHook(bEnable, reinterpret_cast<void**>(&_WriteStageLogA), Hook);
}
bool Hook_WriteErrorLogA(bool bEnable)
{
    Log(__FUNCTION__" %d", bEnable);

typedef int(__cdecl* pWriteErrorLogA)(int nIdx, ZXString szMessage);

static auto _WriteErrorLogA =
        (pWriteErrorLogA)(GetFuncAddress("nxgsm", "WriteErrorLogA"));

pWriteErrorLogA Hook = [](int nIdx, ZXString szMessage) -> int
    {
        auto ret = (DWORD)_ReturnAddress();

Log("WriteErrorLogA: %d | %s", nIdx, szMessage);

return 0;

};

return SetHook(bEnable, reinterpret_cast<void**>(&_WriteErrorLogA), Hook);
}

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've done everything in the instructions but I receive this error when I right click the MoonLight icon and press play.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I've done everything in the instructions but I receive this error when I right click the MoonLight icon and press play.

other than that error message is their any indication its working?? if not you may not have the VS runtimes for it ? try compiling it urself and trying. you can enable logging in the dll to debug

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
other than that error message is their any indication its working?? if not you may not have the VS runtimes for it ? try compiling it urself and trying. you can enable logging in the dll to debug

Yeah it works when I connect via 127.0.0.1. When others try to connect to my WANIP MoonLight.dll, they receive that error.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yeah it works when I connect via 127.0.0.1. When others try to connect to my WANIP MoonLight.dll, they receive that error.

Is it possible your friends who tried to connect didn't set up their files correctly? Have them copy all 5 files from the localhost setup and then have them replace the MoonLight.dll you built with your new IP. Make sure they replace NGClient.aes and Maplestory.exe.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is it possible your friends who tried to connect didn't set up their files correctly? Have them copy all 5 files from the localhost setup and then have them replace the MoonLight.dll you built with your new IP. Make sure they replace NGClient.aes and Maplestory.exe.

Yep they did exactly what you typed and it still gives the same error. Do you think it's possible that my WANIP is the issue?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yep they did exactly what you typed and it still gives the same error. Do you think it's possible that my WANIP is the issue?

You need to send the GMS LOGIN SERVER IP address in CHANNEL_IP and SERVER_IP packets to the client. the DLL then changes that to the IP specified in MoonLight.cpp

is this your case ? let me know

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I got a similar error, mine was 0x00000001(1). Im just trying to connect to 127.0.0.1

As below is my installed VS packages:
Z64NGH - [v176] Client + Bypass - RaGEZONE Forums

UPDATED: It suddenly worked after I restart my pc o.o

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I got a similar error, mine was 0x00000001(1). Im just trying to connect to 127.0.0.1

As below is my installed VS packages:
Z64NGH - [v176] Client + Bypass - RaGEZONE Forums

UPDATED: It suddenly worked after I restart my pc o.o

Oh yeah, I forgot to do an update. I've also got it to work. For some reason, some computers can't use the C# injector for MoonLight.dll so I just ended up using a C++ one instead. Thank you for the reply though =).

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You need to send the GMS LOGIN SERVER IP address in CHANNEL_IP and SERVER_IP packets to the client. the DLL then changes that to the IP specified in MoonLight.cpp

is this your case ? let me know

Please tell me how to do it , please​

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For anyone getting "NGS Initialization Error : 0x000...1 (1)
Run GameLauncher.exe normally, after it does its thing and fails to connect, it should start working.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Does the IP address portion for remotely accessing a server only support IPv4 or does it also support IPv6? Because my ISP/Router only provides an IPv6 to my devices and I've tried to use my IPv6 address but will not let me connect? Thanks in advance!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Does the IP address portion for remotely accessing a server only support IPv4 or does it also support IPv6? Because my ISP/Router only provides an IPv6 to my devices and I've tried to use my IPv6 address but will not let me connect? Thanks in advance!

To be honest you could probably edit the code so it supports v6 , but maple uses v4 and all the winsock structs are programmed that way. But in the DLL you can make your own v6 socket and swap it in WSPConnect.

I'll give it a shot on my side because I feel this is a cool feature to have.

Off Topic Note: You can swap the dest ip in the DLL with a hostname

Back