Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[VB.Net] MSDownloader [Global only]

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello all.

Since I'm a lazy bastard and I am cycling in and out of development I happen to delete different maplestory version ALL the time. I got really tired of just using the links and copy+pasting so I decided to make a AIO downloader for every version v134+ on GMS.

f79c2c3d7f57962fc7df9b2ad10d919e - [VB.Net] MSDownloader [Global only] - RaGEZONE Forums

Nothing too special, it downloads it in client to the folder you select. I haven't tested what happens when you run out of memory, and you cannot download just one part as of right now. Currently it support up to the latest v166.1 but if I don't update this app all you have to do is type in the combobox your version that you want (ie: 169).

It's only 40kb

Downloads:

Compiled:
View attachment MSDownloader.zip

Source:
View attachment MSDownloader.rar

Note: the blue link leads to a download of Diamondo25 Patcher for maple.

Fraysa - https://forum.ragezone.com/f922/maplestory-client-downloads-134-a-1025912/

Extra
Just look at this poop...
da5aa7764b5dec58c03de57cc7da31e3 - [VB.Net] MSDownloader [Global only] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@Rakeda for president
giving us a tool we've needed for quite some time now thank you :D

not a programmer
Reaction score
How is the download speed compared to a download manager with 4-16 connections?

Edit: Why not just keep the installers? HD space is cheaper than bandwidth, at least in my country.

Last edited:
(O_o(o_O(O_O)o_O)O_o)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Since it's so small you should totally remake it in Java, C++ and C# then you'll have 4 different versions

As long as he doesn't forget to make a downloader to pick between those four versions too. Wouldn't want to browse RZ for that to find my preffered dowloader.

C# developer
Reaction score
Thank you so much. I needed this. The first paragraph of your post is way too relateable.

Why would you need a low-level VB program to begin with when you can make much better program in Java?

Yes im talking about a Java console application, anything is better than VB.

You are a developer for Dexter's sake.

(O_o(o_O(O_O)o_O)O_o)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why would you need a low-level VB program to begin with when you can make much better program in Java?

The fact that I'm too lazy to actually just google my download links clearly shows I'm a lazy af person. I wouldn't take the time and effort, however so small, to go make a little program that does a 1-2 min google task. The program is kind of usefull, but i'm not going to waste time making that kinda program.

Clearly you are more upset by it being a simple VB program than me, so why don't you set a good example yourself then? Go make cool C++ stuff or something. You know you can in no-time..

p.s. who is dexter?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The fact that I'm too lazy to actually just google my download links clearly shows I'm a lazy af person. I wouldn't take the time and effort, however so small, to go make a little program that does a 1-2 min google task. The program is kind of usefull, but i'm not going to waste time making that kinda program.

Clearly you are more upset by it being a simple VB program than me, so why don't you set a good example yourself then? Go make cool C++ stuff or something. You know you can in no-time..

p.s. who is dexter?

Dexter Morgan of course! From the popular series Dexter!

In all seriousness though, it's actually nice to see something other than Java, and this release can be useful because downloading all the GMS links is annoying when you can just choose a version and click download.

Supreme Arcanarch
Reaction score

gtfo vbasic pro
vbasic so pro they teach it to 11yr old children

BloopBloop
Reaction score

If you can show me some arguments that can explain why VB.NET isn't the "correct" language to use for this application,where as those arguments are non personal preference (ex: Syntax),then i would love to refute all of them.

Back