Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

V83 - Client Resolution Changes

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm back after 7 years to get my nostalgia fix. Currently running a server privately for a group of friends and was experimenting with modifying the client for higher resolutions.

Used this thread to check out any addys I had missed: http://forum.ragezone.com/f921/addresses-v83-resolution-change-1161938/

I am still currently having issues with 3 main areas, if anyone could point me in the right direction? (I don't expect no spoonfeed)

3 parts are:
* Shortcut Menu - Correctly placed on full screen but not windowed
* Medal message / map effects are still following the old resolution, but from what I can see all resolution addys have been changed.
*HP/MP/EXP bars are always at 100%
(Screenshot attached)

If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate the guidance :)

I'll be digging deeper in the mean time, just not a lot of free time these days :)

Cheers,
Daniel

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Quickslot position is in both CUIStatusBar::ToggleQuickslot and CUIStatusBar::OnCreate
The screen effect is at CField::ShowScreenEffect if I remember correctly
The gray stuff on the hp/mp/exp bars are found in CUIStatusBar::OnCreate and function sub_8D850B (I don't have this one named :/ )

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Quickslot position is in both CUIStatusBar::ToggleQuickslot and CUIStatusBar::OnCreate
The screen effect is at CField::ShowScreenEffect if I remember correctly
The gray stuff on the hp/mp/exp bars are found in CUIStatusBar::OnCreate and function sub_8D850B (I don't have this one named :/ )

Thank you Angxl, I'll take a look tonight and update :)

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
with which tools do you edit all that?Could you please help me?

If you're doing it directly in the client, you can use something like ollydbg
If you're talking about the function names and looking at the code already inside the client, you can use IDA

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am new, could you please give me a minimum tutorial, how to put HD my client please, I would appreciate it very much..... whit OllyDbg

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some additional guidance if anyone knows how to sort of 'back track' through OllyDbg / IDA.

I've tried to replicate this for other UI elements, but the memory locations for the 'drawing of the element' / width / height are no where near the string reference call. I'm an IDA noob if you will :)

For example:

HaRepacker string:
backgrnd4 1 - V83 - Client Resolution Changes - RaGEZONE Forums

Memory loc from streddit
background4 2 - V83 - Client Resolution Changes - RaGEZONE Forums

No references to height / width in OllyDbg though, would like to learn and not leech :)

Cheers,
Daniel

Edit: Figured out some nice stuff in IDA to help with this :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back