Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] MapleFlow, the NPC Dialogue Editor

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

MapleFlow
The complete NPC Dialogue Editor suite

Tp579Yx - [Development] MapleFlow, the NPC Dialogue Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

MapleFlow is the software I dreamed of when I was a huge noob back in the days. Some seven/eight years later, I finally fulfilled this dream so that others may benefit from it

Features:
  • Simple interface to quickly build complex dialogues
  • Node based dialogue building
  • Intuitive radial menu (Inspired by Blender 3D modelling software)
  • Prepackaged templates to choose from
  • High fidelity npc dialogue renderer; You see what you'll get in-game
  • Live npc window preview as you edit the content
  • Exports to OdinMS javascript format
  • Exports to a generic custom binary file format with libraries to read
  • Full fledged NPC simulator (no need to get in-game to try out npcs)
  • Custom NPC Markup language: Flowy
  • Descriptive item list referencing/templating

Pricing:
Unfortunately, we cannot offer such an invaluable tool entirely for free. Countless hours of work were poured into it and it simply wouldn't be worth it for us. Prices have not been decided yet BUT there will be a lite (free) version of the software with restricted features.

Medias:
Pictures (some of these may be too large for the screen):
A fine joke to relax the atmosphere
CRxQjyN - [Development] MapleFlow, the NPC Dialogue Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

Intuitive contextual menu
7jPisML - [Development] MapleFlow, the NPC Dialogue Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

dIWNb3Y - [Development] MapleFlow, the NPC Dialogue Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

Videos:

Credits:
- Programming Lead, Project coordinator, Pixel Art goodness
- Minor programming, UI design & theme
- The most excellent fugue icon set
Nexon - MapleStory Graphics

Contributors:
Naive (I can't get in-game to test stuff so he does all of the tasks that requires it)
Darter (Provides valuable insights into how I should design certain things internally)

Please, suggest what you would like to see in MapleFlow, and show your support!

More to come soon ...

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
A revolutionary interface with a sleek design, combined with a mix of the best components found online, handcrafted by one of our best developers.. We call this MapleFlow.

Sorry, tried to sound like Apple.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Was like "Aww yiss, no more manual npc making!" then I read this was in development and got sad. Application looks beautiful!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Was like "Aww yiss, no more manual npc making!" then I read this was in development and got sad. Application looks beautiful!

Once the second milestone is reached, I will begin writing the code for licensing and stuff so that we can anticipate the initial release. So it isn't too far at least, expect a few weeks top (unless certain things go horribly wrong)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry for not updating in a while, I took a week off development to get in the mood for Ludum Dare last weekend and now I am back to working on this!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is great! I have a suggestion though, if it possible for you to implement something like the image below for NPC content. That's just an example but I mean for colors, getting images from the wz files (icons), and etc.
oxysoft - [Development] MapleFlow, the NPC Dialogue Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
1af5tuo - [Development] MapleFlow, the NPC Dialogue Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

It works exactly the same as before

QeicfTd - [Development] MapleFlow, the NPC Dialogue Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

I have already begun adding new stuff that wasn't in the .net version but it isn't ready to be shown yet!

For those who are reading this and are interested in buying this once it comes out, how much would you spend for a license? Please let me know

This is great! I have a suggestion though, if it possible for you to implement something like the image below for NPC content. That's just an example but I mean for colors, getting images from the wz files (icons), and etc.
oxysoft - [Development] MapleFlow, the NPC Dialogue Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

Yes, it is the plan to have a more integrated experience

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
"Unfortunately, we cannot offer such an invaluable tool entirely for free. Countless hours of work were poured into it and it simply wouldn't be worth it for us. Prices have not been decided yet BUT there will be a lite (free) version of the software with restricted features."

Lost my poop at this. Oxy the pimp strikes again.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
"Unfortunately, we cannot offer such an invaluable tool entirely for free. Countless hours of work were poured into it and it simply wouldn't be worth it for us. Prices have not been decided yet BUT there will be a lite (free) version of the software with restricted features."

???

simply selling a useful piece of software which I am spending a lot of time on right now

Reaction score

As someone who worked on MapleFlow in its early stages and still knows what's being worked on, I can assure you tons of time is being spent on this software. It includes tons of resources and features that will most likely take several months to complete, so I don't see what's wrong with taking a small fee to use it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As someone who worked on MapleFlow in its early stages and still knows what's being worked on, I can assure you tons of time is being spent on this software. It includes tons of resources and features that will most likely take several months to complete, so I don't see what's wrong with taking a small fee to use it.
I don't see a problem with that, but it all depends on what that "small" fee ends up being.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hopefully no one takes this the wrong way but I honestly think making money off of private server development is kinda bad. Not for your wallet per se, however more of the fact that this was a free project (odin) made public and that our only real goal in all of this is to enhance maplestory as a whole (different opinions here, and I probably won't care to read your replies as to why i'm wrong). I mean charge all you want, hell go for it, if I could make a living off of maplestory development i'd sure as hell take it. Though using a reason such as *because of my time* is kinda meh. I know tons of people who sell sources and such for hundreds (one case thousands) but this is all petty amounts compared to what we all gain as a whole in the community with public releases for everyone to use (again not interested in why you think im wrong). So best of luck selling it, I still love you <3

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hopefully no one takes this the wrong way but I honestly think making money off of private server development is kinda bad. Not for your wallet per se, however more of the fact that this was a free project (odin) made public and that our only real goal in all of this is to enhance maplestory as a whole (different opinions here, and I probably won't care to read your replies as to why i'm wrong). I mean charge all you want, hell go for it, if I could make a living off of maplestory development i'd sure as hell take it. Though using a reason such as *because of my time* is kinda meh. I know tons of people who sell sources and such for hundreds (one case thousands) but this is all petty amounts compared to what we all gain as a whole in the community with public releases for everyone to use (again not interested in why you think im wrong). So best of luck selling it, I still love you <3

If people don't wanna pay a 1 time fee to use this, go learn javascript and don't complain. There's nothing wrong with making a third party tool and asking for a fee. lol "My Time" Lame? How is it lame? You think people who spend months and sometimes years developing stuff would give it away for free while their intention is to make money? laughable

Back