Canada, QCLocation
    1,401Posts

Re: [Development] MapleFlow, the NPC Dialogue Editor

[Development] MapleFlow, the NPC Dialogue Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by NmZero View Post
    A few questions, if you don't mind;

Is there an ETA yet?
    -If yes, do you mind telling us?
    -if no, is there something going wrong with the dev? This hasn't been updated in a while D:

In the features you mentioned "High fidelity npc dialogue renderer; You see what you'll get in-game."
    I was wondering if you can also see stuff that I myself added anywhere in the source. For example, in the editor, can I use this this:
    Code:
    cm.getPlayer().getStr();
    And will I be able to see the result of the npc without going in game?

If the answer to question 2 is yes, will we be required to type that in ourselfes or will we have a large option of methods to choose from that are coded anywhere in the source?

Is there a final decision on the pricing?
    I know you guys are gonna make it paid, but what I wanna know, has a final price been established?

Since this is in development, why is it in the releases section? I know its a tool but it hasn't been released yet, I'm wondering if it should ever be since it will be a paid program, I wouldn't call a paid program a release imo. No idea where else to put it after its out of dev tho.

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions in advance :D
    1. It is not in development anymore because of lack of interest. If this was 2008-2010 I would probably have a ton of customers but honestly, in 2015, maplestory private server development is DEAD. Those who released cool stuff back then are long gone and it's a bad investment of my free-time to work on a tool that will bring me no sales.

2. No, or at least, not without considerable efforts that may or not be worth it in the end. The simplest way of doing this might have been to run the server, log into a character, and somehow hook into the server and let MapleFlow use one of the available MapleCharacters objects but it's sketchy as hell and might not have worked very well. The first release of MapleFlow that was in development was only designed to display static information.

3. MapleFlow was being designed to allow the user to use standard npc methods (i.e cm.getPlayer().getStr()) but would require the user to configure the OdinMS javascript exporter and tell it what each methods are. These methods would be defined in some sort of configuration thing within the editor's menus such that you could add your own and tell MapleFlow what type of thing it should show (string, number, etc.) as well a static placeholder. (i.e "str_value") If no placeholder is assigned, it would display the name of the thing. (i.e "str")

4. It was never decided

5. It moved from section to section many time when the sections were being moved around/modified.

MemberRank
    Apr 2020 Join Date
    1Posts

Is this no longer available?

MemberRank
    May 2020 Join Date
    1Posts

It's cute but I find it useless.

MemberRank
    Jun 2014 Join Date
    NorwayLocation
    5Posts

I love this. and cant wait for the release, completely fair to release under a small fee.

Alpha MaleRank
    Oct 2008 Join Date
    2,007Posts

I hope it releases under a huge fee so the elite can remain elite
    https://mapleme.me/
    The memes of the Maple community all in one place.

MemberRank
    Apr 2019 Join Date
    /dev/nullLocation
    75Posts

Nice necro

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAceX View Post
    I hope it releases under a huge fee so the elite can remain elite
    I'll gladly crack it although I'm pretty sure the author lost any interest 5 years later

GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    4,855Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nullptr View Post
    Nice necro

I'll gladly crack it although I'm pretty sure the author lost any interest 5 years later
    As the co-author for this, I second this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Advertisement