Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ogar Private Server with JXCore Based

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Two hundred tries later and a huge battle with one drive,. LOL Here my server, as running on ogar.mivabe.nl. This one has auto shutdown after x time; you can set in the config file. And chat trough console.

The linux version needs JXcore installed, to install that as root run the command "curl | bash" minus quotes.

Screenshots:
MivaBe - Ogar Private Server with JXCore Based - RaGEZONE Forums

Let me know if this works for you. If not then we shall have to look in fixing it :D i prolly need do a few more fixes over time but eh, we at a start!

Alright, i have now two version on the DL site, Agar and Ogar. Agar Server means Agar.io Client compatible, and Ogar means, Private client compatible. Stupid as it may sound the only difference is the coordinates send by the server. Agar.io sends it as int32 while private servers send it as int16 go figure right? Any ways, you can thus choose. How you know what client you have and what server you need? Well if you get on the server and see basically one huge ball, and basically crash your client? That means you have the wrong server!

Also this server has bot-minplayers, so when you write 2 bots; and more then 2 players are on yrou server, when the bots be killed, they wont return, till the players drop below 2 again (5 min delay in that though). So to it has an auto restart function.

serverResetTime: 24 // Time in hours to reset (0 is off)

So if you use a bat file or sh file, that loops the server, you basicly get an auto reset.

The Linux sh file now checks if the modules and JX is installed, if not it installes it now :D

Added Master Server support, if you run this server it will announce it be alive to the tracker website and makes it people can see you. It also a great way for you to see if your server is up and running. The tracker site is located at here you can also click your server and play on it. Or let others play on your server using m client. This is a bit same as Agar.io as in ogar.mivabe.nl/?ip=<your ip>:<your port>

Added MySQL database support, to log HighScores to your mysql database.

Do please leave a comment if you use it, and perhaps a small review.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sharing the server, is easy the client; would need a wee bit more; As just making a client is never where your job stops, it also means adjusting and fine tuning apache/htaccess for the clients that connect. The most work was just that, This server is just a side project to make the site work pretty. And while i worked on it i figured maybe people want it to. So for that the server was released; the client side, well; most of us know how to grab a website and choose the elements we want and replace. As most, is the css and js libraries and those you all have access to.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol all the above poster has done is created a hello world script, this isnt even the server, cant believe how many people fell for this

Back