Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to be A Gm, And what are its Responsibilities

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
First of all i wanna ak was all the person here GM's?
What does it take to be a GM in your games?
Is there a way to apply to be a gm in order to voice out the needs of my fellow players?
Thats all thank you for your Reply
and answers. Im not a gm just a regular player

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't play this game, but as an GM/Admin for 3 different other games I can give you some factors.

Here are the main key factors for becoming a GM.

1. Professionalism

As a GM you will be part of the public face for the game server you are representing towards your community. In order to manage that in a long term environment you must have some kind of professionalism within you in order to engage within your community. Everything that you say matters between you, your staff, and your community. Always try to show respect and positive energy whenever possible and make sure that you know and understand your own community.

2. Skill Set

A GM usually has a special skill set that can be provided towards either the community or staff members. They can also be technical or personal. Technical can lie towards Database Operators, Coding Languages, Reverse Engineering or Building Scripts/Tools. Personal can lie toward Graphic Designs, Community Management/Moderation, Content Creation/Production, Support, or Testing new updates.

3. Contribution

Very important. GMs needs to contribute their works, effort, respect, and manners where ever if it's in a Private or Public environment (and must be able to differentiate between those two). This very much ties in between 1 and 2 in order to passively achieve 3.

4. Communication

This is the major key factor if you want to aim for a GM role after knowing the other 3. Communication skills are the most desirable when it comes to being a GM. Get to know how the staff, community, and servers operate within internal and external point of views and build up your relationship between all of those elements, and the only way to build them up is communication. If you know how to play your cards right, this is the fastest and effective way to becoming a GM.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
In AK, GM Privilege is set to per Character, not per account. So to make your selected Character to be a GM is
1. Open your database ffdb1
2. Go to table player_characters
3. Pick your character line and input 5 in privilige column
4. Save and restart your server and you are done.

Benefit of using GM character:
You can use command. In your server file, open data/db/S_RootCmd.ini, that file contains all command that can be used.
for example:
/set_level 60
/gain_gold 99999
/clone_item 40001
for the item ID, you can check S_Item.ini and S_ItemMall.ini
and many more things you can explore.

Important Note:
If you open a public server, make sure your delete S_RootCmd.ini in data/db and GMCmd.ini in ZoneServer101/102.
Because that file is used for giving specific command to player without having privilege 5. If not, they are gonna abuse the command.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
im a user character in aura kingdom global can i somehow forcefully make my character a gm or its up on the admin to change it i was just wondering yeah?

Reaction score
Important Note:
If you open a public server, make sure your delete S_RootCmd.ini in data/db and GMCmd.ini in ZoneServer101/102.
Because that file is used for giving specific command to player without having privilege 5. If not, they are gonna abuse the command.

or just change all the ,0,, to ,5,, so only characters with priviledge 5 will have powers

Back