Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

X-Legend FSM file algorithm(C++)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I have a new release, the algorithm to load binary data contained on X-Legend FSM files directly into your program. I should have already release this some time ago, but I had some problems and could only finish the algorithm today.

FSM Algorithm(C++14 at least)->

It resumes to a small library and I think it is pretty straightfoard and easy to use for programmers who know C++.

I also include this executable->

It is very simple and uses my FSM code to extract the objects info and also the grid's heightmap to ascii. It also has potential to have a expansion to edit those files( and eventually change your game map ), but it would need some work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Azazel1,

Thank you very much for the decompiler. Very impressive.

Hopefully I am not too late and you are still here. I successfully used your program to decompile the .fsm for an old x-legend game, Holy Beast Online. This game is already closed in 2018 and it started in 2006. Please see attached decompiled and original .fsm files.

To be honest, I don't know much about the .fsm and can't find much information online. The only thing I know is that x-legend use it for map models. In the decomipled .txt, I can see the models file (pieces and pieces) being used, position and rotation degree.

So, since I am very interested in it, could you please tell me more about it, like:
1. What is the full name of fsm?
2. Is it possible to compile a model files (E.g. .nif for gamebryo/.obj) from the decomipled .fsm for visualisation?
3. How you know / get the logic of building the decomipler?

Best Regards,
toto4c19

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Azazel1,

Thank you very much for the decompiler. Very impressive.

Hopefully I am not too late and you are still here. I successfully used your program to decompile the .fsm for an old x-legend game, Holy Beast Online. This game is already closed in 2018 and it started in 2006. Please see attached decompiled and original .fsm files.

To be honest, I don't know much about the .fsm and can't find much information online. The only thing I know is that x-legend use it for map models. In the decomipled .txt, I can see the models file (pieces and pieces) being used, position and rotation degree.

So, since I am very interested in it, could you please tell me more about it, like:
1. What is the full name of fsm?
2. Is it possible to compile a model files (E.g. .nif for gamebryo/.obj) from the decomipled .fsm for visualisation?
3. How you know / get the logic of building the decomipler?

Best Regards,
toto4c19

Hi toto, I'm glad it worked well for you, I'm sorry for my late response, I don't come here much... The decompiled file you attached seems to be successful.

Here are my answers for your questions:

Question 1: I'm not sure for their names, probably only staff for X-Legend know about it, this is their own file format. But if I had to guess it would be something like "File Scene Map", maybe?

Question 2: Do you mean the models it indicates that are present on the map? If so, it is possible, you can download Gamebryo Engine and open then, you'll be able to see the algorithm there aswell of how to read these files, or can use NifSkope for easy viewing and editing. The terrain on these files is a little more complicated, it seems to use texture splatting, you would need some specialized tool to view it.

Question 3: There's no much secret behind this, I use a hexadecimal editor, and then it is just a matter of effort to understand what those floating points and integers mean, then build the source code from it.

Back