Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Complete Error Guide

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
List of Errors & Their Solutions
ProblemEncounteredSolutionCredit
Constant Logging in, please waitWhen logging into the game.Change the database configuration in /home/setup.ini and /home/GatewayServer/setup.ini. Note: Your server directory may be different.Hulu
Segmentation Fault-Re-hex the IP into the server binaries and ONLY use 6 of the 8 letters. Example: From 6BBF34EA you would only take 6BBF34.Hulu
[GatewayServerNetwork.cc:12],[FATAL] OnReadyWhen launching server.--
Directory '/xxx/xxx' does not exist.When using the server start script (in most cases)You most likely entered the name wrong. If that's not the case then you messed up the installation process and it quite literally does not exist.NamiBoops
Could not connect to server: Connection timed out (0x0000274C/10060)Is the server running on host xxx and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?-Got to /etc/postgresql/[Version]/main directory and edit postgresql.conf. Search for 'listen_addresses' and make sure 'port = 5432' isn't commented out. A comment is the # sign. Remove to make it not a comment.klugor & NamiBoops
[SJFramework.cc:111],ERROR: #Network# CSJFramework::InitNetwork -- Network Initial Error-If you're running on WAN mode behind a router then it won't work. No releases support that option. Best option is to play with friends using hamachi or to look at this thread on how to use the server with WAN mode.
OR
Server can't connect to the given IP.
UseresU
Permission denied.Error code: 3Error message from server: Permission denied-Most likely didn't run the installer as root (this is in reference to One Click Server by UseresU)UseresU
cannot connect error (1)Launching the game via the client.Check your .ini files and make sure you used all the correct IPs and Ports. If that's not the case then when in doubt check your logs.NamiBoops
Client out of date error-'Out of Date' is about the Game Version. You have to change the version to the same as the Client Version in S_SysSetup.ini in the server folder.itachi77
Ticket 0x.............Use Ticket 0x........When launching the server.Do a clean install of the files (a clean install means remove every aspect of the old files and re-install it)arxfatalis
Could not create character profile.Trying to create a character.It's nearly always related to missing T_*.ini files on the server. The server can't create the character because the greeting is set in the data files. Without translation, the server tries to insert the Chinese greeting into the database and fails due to improper encoding.UseresU
Telport failed. Please re-enter the portal.Trying to leave town(?) or teleporting to map(?)Your map files are mismatched. Make sure you have the same map files in both the Server Side & Client Side.LilOldMe
Fatal Error: authentication for user progresGenerally given when trying to connect to the DB.Wrong password in Navicat or other database tool. If the password in your config is wrong, the server logs will give you the error "Open Database Failed".UseresU
ERROR: character with byte sequence 0x.. 0x.. in encoding "UTF8" has no equivalent in encoding "LATIN1".Using a language for a character the DB encoding doesn't support.In encoding "UTF8" has no equivalent in encoding "LATIN1". Occurs if you try to insert text into your database that is not supported by your database's encoding. Fix would be to either change the text or the encoding.UseresU
File: c\code\7p_2\4pclient\gamedata\BaseQuery.h(156).
\data\db\C_EudemonBattle.ini [insert gibberish here].
Error obtained when launching the game via the client.Two files are not the same. Make sure both Client & Server are identical.Yokohiro
[ERROR][LoadData][ERROR]Can't Open File :---
fix_mountsTrying to use(?) a Mount in-game.The fix_mounts error is due to a format problem, just change c_itemmall.ini and c_itemmallenchant.ini from Unix (LF) to Windows (CR LF).a125132120
LoginServer: loadlocale.c:130: _nl_intern_locale_data: Assertion `cnt < (sizeof (_nl_value_type_LC_TIME) / sizeof (_nl_value_type_LC_TIME[0]))' failed.Starting Server.Use the following line in the command console:
If Root: export LC_ALL=C
If not Root: sudo export LC_ALL=C
UseresU
failed: connection refusedUsing OneClickServer script on VM/VPS's command line.--
error "Storage space reservation"Client loadingNamiBoops
This version is out of date. Please update to the latest version.Channel selection after launchClose out and run the Launcher: If no files are downloaded, click "Recovery" this will ensure you're up to date on the latest.NamiBoops
Please email bug [gibberish error]Client LaunchAdd AK files to exclusion list or re-download the client. NamiBoops
Download error bgm001.oggClient LaunchSimply click ok and it will proceed to load. You may also click "Recovery" on the Launcher.NamiBoops
Logging in, please waitLaunching the GameServer is either down for maintenance, you don't have the game excluded in your firewall, or remove game.bin & verify the files.NamiBoops
Unable to click START on character selectionCharacter SelectionTo fix close out of the client, delete game.bin, and rerun the launcher. Update, if game.bin does not fix this and you're using client.exe:Copy client.exe and paste it either in the same folder (it will be named as client (copy.exe) or outside, then delete the original client.exe, then copy the new one back into the folder ( or rename the copy to client.exeAfterwards reattempt to connect.NamiBoops
----
If you happen to have a new error or an error with a fix then please let me know in this thread and I will add it. I most likely won't go actively hunting down new things.
Here is link to the Releases Version.
Here is the Tuts, Guides, & Tips Version.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great job (just like on the other threads).

My thoughts:
- "Change your IP in the connect.ini file in the game client." has nothing to do with a "Segmentation Fault" on the server.
- The "Network Initial Error" is not only related to routers, you generally get that error when a server can't use the IP provided to it.
- Spelling in "Client out of date error": "S_sys.ini" should be "S_SysSetup.ini".
- "Could not create character profile." is nearly always related to missing T_*.ini files on the server. The server can't create the character because the greeting is set in the data files. Without translation, the server tries to insert the chinese greeting into the database and failes due to encoding (see below).
- "Fatal Error: authentication for user progres" sounds like a wrong password in Navicat or another database tool. If the password in your config files is wrong, the server logs will throw "Open Database Failed..." as an error.
- "ERROR: character with byte sequence 0x.. 0x.. in encoding "UTF8" has no equivalent in encoding "LATIN1"." occurs if you try to insert text into your database that is not supported by your database encoding. Fix would be to either change the text or the encoding.
- For the "loadlocale.c..." error, use "export LC_ALL=C" (just included this into the installer).

Adding a column to indicate where the error was encountered might help as well.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great job (just like on the other threads).

Adding a column to indicate where the error was encountered might help as well.

Added another column.
Added your solutions + fixes.

Now if you happen to know the solution for
[GatewayServerNetwork.cc:12],[FATAL] OnReady
:lol:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am stuck in "Entering Server..." after i select the world, please help.

I logged in succesfully, and I can see the world list, it is just one world, it was TEST1 but I changed its name and it changed correctly, when I select the world, i am just stuck at the "Entering Server..." pop-up.

Same issue occurs even before I changed the world name btw.

Back