Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

it installs fine but the database does not connect to navicat

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks to your help from the forum I was able to create the server successfully, I made a detailed step-by-step tutorialnot to forget how to make it work, but now when trying to create a new server it doesn't let me connect to navicatCan you help me with any suggestions on how to solve it? Before asking for help, I searched the forum for the solutions and put them to the test, but I still can't
1-Postgresql version: 9. (what it shows now) Postgresql version:
9.6 (what it showed a year ago)
2-"you have to reboot your system before starting the server, please run sudo reboot" This never appeared when I created my server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks to your help from the forum I was able to create the server successfully, I made a detailed step-by-step tutorialnot to forget how to make it work, but now when trying to create a new server it doesn't let me connect to navicatCan you help me with any suggestions on how to solve it? Before asking for help, I searched the forum for the solutions and put them to the test, but I still can't
1-Postgresql version: 9. (what it shows now) Postgresql version:
9.6 (what it showed a year ago)
2-"you have to reboot your system before starting the server, please run sudo reboot" This never appeared when I created my server.

Have you tried doing it like this?
Open Navicat, click on the Connection menu and then PostgreSQL
Connection name: [Whatever you want, I always use the name that I put on my server] (Don't use special characters)
Host: 192.168.1.44 (Got it from your image, but Copy/Paste it from your console)
Port: 5432
Initial database: postgres
Username: postgres
Password: bZzPR2U114Fcfuluw7EFo9FMeTTDxjqq (I tried to copy your pass but maybe it's wrong so Copy/Paste it from your console)

P.S. You Have to had your server up and running when you're doing this.
P.S.S You Need to set your VM with Bridged Network IIRC

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Make sure to NOT use Debian 9 with the installer. It now supports Debian 11.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you very much for answering Mr. UsersU, now it works normally before I used debian 9, but with debian 11 it seems to work better.

Back