Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Question] Client

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I have all of TW's files (1/10/2022). Would it be easiest to just use AK.to's client? Or would I have to use TW client. Would I need to change anything on the TW client if that's the case?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
is that okay u could upload the S_DropItem.ini in your Data/db folder so i could have a look and help u ? thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Would be great if you could share files, but here is the answer to your question:

You can't use ak.to's client, they've made significant changes to the game.

Instead, you can use the Taiwan client. All you need to change is your connect.ini and you should be good to go.
However, make sure you have exactly the same game version for client and server, even a slight version difference can prevent you from connecting to the ZoneServer.

Reaction score
I'll make a tutorial on how to create your own client. But basically you just need to extract the TW client and as UseresU said, and use it. Its better to extract so you can modify the data/db files to match the serverfiles.

If your version really match the TW actual version, download it and save before they update their client.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Would be great if you could share files, but here is the answer to your question:

You can't use ak.to's client, they've made significant changes to the game.

Instead, you can use the Taiwan client. All you need to change is your connect.ini and you should be good to go.
However, make sure you have exactly the same game version for client and server, even a slight version difference can prevent you from connecting to the ZoneServer.

So do this:
1) Download TW Client
1a) Change connects.ini & connect.ini
2) Unpack all .pkgs (doing again rn since new update so 14 new pkgs)
3) Copy everything to their designated places.
4) Update my T_* files.
5) Repack PKGs (or is that not really needed?)
6) Use the TW client from now on to launch the game.

Sound right or am I off?

I'll make a tutorial on how to create your own client. But basically you just need to extract the TW client and as UseresU said, and use it. Its better to extract so you can modify the data/db files to match the serverfiles.

If your version really match the TW actual version, download it and save before they update their client.

I love your guides so any guide is greatly appreciated. I also like learning so I will occasionally ask a question that might seem dumb. =)

Back