Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Why VirtualMachine?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am returning to this forum after some time and I was wondering why exactly do you need a VM for running a aurakingdom server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you want to play locally...Use VM...With friends... VPS

So I need to get a VM to run a server. I cant just operate the server on my own machine? because all I want to do is test out the gm stuff also could you help me with getting eidolon models out of the game and into blender with there rig?

Reaction score
So I need to get a VM to run a server. I cant just operate the server on my own machine? because all I want to do is test out the gm stuff also could you help me with getting eidolon models out of the game and into blender with there rig?
1 - install VM (Virtual Box) in you PC
2 - Follow the steps from video make server.
3 - Configure ini files inside client folder.
4 - done!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@yokohiro your videos are great, and very easy to understand, I could make a tutorial on how to create a vps server and recommend some free vpn like "hamachi" if it exists.Excuse me if I'm rude, my English is from Google translator.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've never played Aura Kingdom but I saw this thread pop up in the "latest" section and think I can provide some answers.

You don't have to run a server via VM, infact with weaker machines it's probably better to host them straight on your main OS as via VM (Virtualbox/VMWare) you will have to split the resources between both your host and virtual machine. One caveat is that you will have to manually set everything up, any redistributables the game needs to run, create the dbs, point the configs to the proper databases, etc.

You typically see people share/request VMs because it's generally much easier to setup for the person that just wants to play the game without having to tinker through the config files and install the necessary programs to get it working. Usually it just requires you to change the IP to the one that was setup in the VM and presto!

Personally I run my games via VM because I like keeping my host machine clean of "bloat". I only play a game here and there just to mess around/reminisce of old times. So I personally don't want to have SQL Servers/SSMS/Navicat/etc on my main OS when I don't really play them.

Hope that helps answer your question!

Back