Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Vindictus EU 1.65 Client/Server setup

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Big thanks to Gvygvxvx. This would not be possible without his contributions.

This guide assumes you already have the Taiwan client and server functioning correctly.
Note that you DO NOT NEED the Taiwan client for this.

If you need the server, or need to know how to set up the server, go here.
If you want to set up the server for LAN or online play, go here.
If you want to use mods, read this thread.

So... why use this version?
Well, it has newer stuff. It also has Extreme/Premium mode features and difficulty.
For example, you can jump and do air combos. There's also a ranking system.
The English font is a little easier to read. No, you can't use Delia (this was pre-Delia).

I've been testing for a little, and no noticeable issues so far.

1. Download and unpack the EU client 1.65 version.
Scroll to the bottom of this link and grab the torrent magnet URL:

Or try this:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6994EE21126845B8AC13C197C376073367B7D3BC&dn=Vindictus_1.65&tr=http%3a%2f%2fbt2.t-ru.org%2fann%3fmagnet

This client seems to be dated 24th of January 2016.

If you have the Taiwan client and don't want to re-download the whole thing, try this:
I've uploaded all the required files from MHTW client for those that don't want to obtain the who client and save time just to download EU client.

2. Download Gvygvxvx's updated heroesContents.db3 and updated bin folder.
Bin folder (mirrors):

This bin folder seems to be March 2016.

HeroesContents (mirrors):

HeroesContents.db3 goes in MHTW_serverzh-tw-x-gmBin
You may want to back up your old database, just in case.

According to Gvygvxvx, with this database, XML modification is no longer needed.
If you have already modified your XMLs, you can revert to the original TW server files.

3. Update your Hosts file to redirect away from the US and EU official servers.
Add these lines to your Hosts file:
Code:
192.168.1.1 patch.nexoneu.com
192.168.1.1 heroespatch-gm.nexon.com
192.168.1.1 download.nexoneu.com
192.168.1.1 en.vindictus.nexoneu.com
192.168.1.1 de.vindictus.nexoneu.com
192.168.1.1 vtimage.nexoneu.com
192.168.1.1 support.vindictus.nexoneu.com
192.168.1.1 shop.vindictus.nexoneu.com
192.168.1.1 shop-gm.vindictus.nexoneu.com
192.168.1.1 download2.nexon.net
192.168.1.1 heroespatch-gm.nexon.com

Change 192.168.1.1 to 127.0.0.1 if you are only using local and not LAN/WAN.
Note that if you want to access the official servers you will need to remove these lines.

If you're still having problems, try adding the other lines from this link:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f944/release-vindictus-1106627-post8669716/#post8669716

4. Replace the Bin folder, UptoDateInfo2.dat and Vindictus.exe with the Taiwan client's files.
I just put a _ in front of their names, but you can move them elsewhere or delete them, if you want.

5. Copy nmconew.ini, start.bat, Vindictus.exe from the Taiwan client.
nmconew.ini should refer to your webserver.

6. On your webserver, make two new folders "en-EU-x-GM" and "en-US-x-GM".
Copy endpoint.txt and ShopList.aspx into these folders.
You don't need to change their contents (since they will be sent to the same server).

7. If you are using mods, also copy winnsi.dll and the Data folder.

8. Edit Start.Bat.
Contents will either be:
Code:
vindictus.exe -stage -dev -lang en-eu-x-gm -noupdate
or
Code:
vindictus.exe -stage -dev -lang en-us-x-gm -noupdate

Note that any changes to the heroesContents.db3 needs to refer to the right region.
For example, featurematrix changes need to be under the EN-US-X-GM or EN-EU-X-GM columns.
Similarly, sound mod filenames will need to be changed to match the different version.

9. Boot the server and client as normal.
EU client interface is a little different, but select server should allow you to select your server.
You can then log in as normal. Enjoy!

How to fix "failed to login" window:
After logging in, log back out and then in again. That should fix it.

Bonus database tweaks:
A few tweaks for heroesContents that I like to use. That's heroesContents, and NOT heroes.
Run these as queries in NaviCat or SQL Management Studio.

Delete almost any item:
Code:
update ItemClassInfo set Indestructible=0
Remove quest requirements:
Code:
update QuestConstraintInfo set RequiredStatus=0
Anyone can equip anything (great for equipping hair that your character normally cannot):
Code:
update ItemClassInfo set ClassRestriction='1023'

Let me know if I missed anything.

Screenshots:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f944/release-vindictus-1106627-post8673975/#post8673975

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great tutorial and about failed to login : i login, then press "go back" button at character select screen then login again and i am good

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I assume the client is dated 2016, not 2015, since that's when 1.65 came out =P It'd be behind the TW client we have if it was 2015, I think.
Edit: The google drive mirror for the heroes_contents is private.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good tutorial. A few moments, here latest tw database(include s3ep3) and no need xml files.

sorry wrong database. i'm reupload, already a little confused
Remember that any changes to the heroes_contents.db3 will be connected to the version you're using in start.bat.
For example, featurematrix changes need to be under the EN-US-X-GM or EN-EU-X-GM columns.
Similarly, sound mod filenames will need to be changed to match the different version.
Here as before, edit only ZH-TW-X-GM column.
@Gvygvxvx
Thanks!
For those of us who have already edited the XMLs, should we revert to the original server XML files?
optional, as they do not replace the original files

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
After following the tutorial in its entirety, my PlayerService in HeroesOPTool crashes every time. Any clue what could cause this? My server folder is in C:\MHTW\ and the EU client is in C:\Vindictus EU, if that matters.
Edit: Nevermind, needed to change the database, gvygvxvx changed his link. =P

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Damn, I already set mine up and everything. Have to set it up again~

If PlayerService crashes, right click it and click view log.
It'll usually say where it crapped out and why.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't know where is wrong. Click start when prompt fail to read compress buffer: sqlite \ heroes db3, request: 3370831, 2874115. The result

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I need help heroes_text_korean.txt...

ERROR : I want Game korea chatting

http://forum.ragezone.com/f946/oe-oeiz-oee-ez-error-1110885/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Now I can enter to the login screen, but there is no my server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No, I don't know how to use wampserver

Please help me, I don't know how to do

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Patchouli, good to see you put everythings in a topic :) so those newcomers won't need to fiddle for it. Have you test out the gameplay using difference region client? Example. EU client vs MHTW+TW patched. I'm wonder will there any difference between features,contents,bosses and more.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Patchouli, good to see you put everythings in a topic :) so those newcomers won't need to fiddle for it. Have you test out the gameplay using difference region client? Example. EU client vs MHTW+TW patched. I'm wonder will there any difference between features,contents,bosses and more.
Eu vindictus uses XE version, gameplay changes a lot, you can jump combo in air adding and changes elements to your gameplay, you can also "break-off" while in air hitting with smash (right click) certain boss spots. You no longer needs to press run button, now is auto dashing without stamina consumption. Best feature for me is combo system, you can get damage bonuses hitting mobs without get hit, longer is ur combo higher is damage bonus, i guess max is 150% you trigger damage combo with a smash. Then bosses hp is always visible even at hero difficulty, and last is XE move skill, a particular powerful skill who consume also your HP. I didn t see XE skill quest in game, so i had to added the skill directly on heroes db with navicat or mssq

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I didn t see XE skill quest in game, so i had to added the skill directly on heroes db with navicat or mssq
need activate xe in featurematrix, look strings
PremiereMode
ExtremeMode
ExtremeMode_Offline

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you play 100% normal premiere mode with EU client if you disable all XE options in featurematrix?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I don't think so. XE gameplay is mostly client side, but the server needs to have XE mode turned on to enable the "XE move" quest that lets you learn the Xe move.

I know this because back when console worked, there was a command to turn XE gameplay on/off whenever you wanted, and because I tried to get XE mode working by editing featurematrix and couldn't.
There are also config files that automatically turn XE mode on, but they are encrypted in some way and the game won't load modified cfgs.

x8881141
Basically, the server needs a webserver to "broadcast" the server's existence to the client.
The client needs to be able to go to a webserver and see endpoint.txt
Endpoint.txt tells the client where the server is located.
For that reason you need to know how to set up your own website.

Wampserver is a fairly easy way to set one up. Simply install and then follow this post to enable online access:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f945/tutorial-local-online-setup-1107794-post8667095/#post8667095

127.0.0.1 is your local IP. If you browse to that IP, you should be able to see your own website.
But that is only for offline. If your Vindictus server only uses 127.0.0.1 then that doesn't matter.

Once you are able to see your own website and endpoint.txt, Vindictus should be able to as well.
Editing the hosts file is to redirect your internet connection through your website.
That way the client will go to your website to look for the endpoint.txt, instead of Nexon's website.

Last edited:
Back