Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Alter Skills (Namely XE_Move)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to alter XE_MOVE, either by disabling it, or nerfing it a bit.

I did go digging through the FeatureMatrix, as well as SkillInfo, etc... trying to determine a way to do what I want.

Essentionally when playing some characters (Lynn is one) the combos result in you often accidentally hitting both keys and doing XE_Move. Often this occurs while just breaking all the boxes and jugs arround for gold, ap, etc...

Longer story short often in a dungeon but out of combat the health will be down to 20% due to this. I know some will say be more careful, sure, but I would like to figure out if I can either reduce the damage to a more reasonable level of less that 20% or disable it, the quest, etc...

Some thoughts / challenges:

* I tried to change skill_lynn_xe_move to is_locked = 1 in SMSS on the live DB and it does nothing

* Tried to dig for skill_{char}_xe_move to find the values of 20% damage, etc... to no avail (cant find anything)

* Thought about changing the XML 'skill_all_xe_move.xml' where it says 'give_skill id="Lynn" arg1="skill_lynn_xe_move" />' to do something like give 200 gold (need to figure that out)

*Thought about setting PremiereMode to 1 in FeatureMatrix for EN-EU-X-GM, as well as UsePremierMotion (Maybe I can skip that one as I like to be able to jump, etc. Only reason I have not done this is I wanted to not mess up any UI elements, or the Jump, etc...

TLDR: Does anyone know where and how to alter skill stats, such as damage done to others, self, etc.? Or additionally, any other clever ways to keep xe_move but nerf it a bit. Failing that what would be the best way to disable that skill altogether (either in the Character.dbo, but I cant find it) or in skillinfo?

THanks in advance.

Loki

Back