Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

(Help)Connection to relay server failed

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just made the server wan and my friends can join in the server,they can create character and go to town BUT they can't create party.The game will stop a moment and shows up Connection to relay server failed When they create party.
Please help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey I had the same problem and when I looked it up, really the only thing I could find was your post. lol

For me, I found the solution was to edit the config files I found from this guide. I also redid my whole server and ran it through Hamachi IPV4. Hope this information helps, good luck!

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just made the server wan and my friends can join in the server,they can create character and go to town BUT they can't create party.The game will stop a moment and shows up Connection to relay server failed When they create party.
Please help

This would be due to the fact the game is sending back a lan IP if you are hosting it locally. The only fix for this is to modify the server source files (ServiceCore) to allow a hostname based connection. however this can be problematic if you are on a dynamic IP so your best bet is as Griffenz suggested and run Hamachi or use a VPN hosted off your computer or even tuungle might work.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
best way is to host vpn server ( like openVpn ) on game server machine, set vpn net metric 1, lan net metric 2 and connect to game server throw vpn

nakashimakun, do you know how to modify ServiceCore to force needed ip to client? hex edit?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This would be due to the fact the game is sending back a lan IP if you are hosting it locally. The only fix for this is to modify the server source files (ServiceCore) to allow a hostname based connection. however this can be problematic if you are on a dynamic IP so your best bet is as Griffenz suggested and run Hamachi or use a VPN hosted off your computer or even tuungle might work.

Done:

https://forum.ragezone.com/f943/fix-for-boat-channel-outside-1210092

Upvote 0
Back