Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Translate Vindictus Client

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello! I see you have a good understanding of the Vindictus server . I would like to know - how to translate the interface, quests, and so on into my language?

https://forum.ragezone.com/f946/translate-vindictus-client-1159234/ - need to change the data in the file En-US/resources/localized_text/English/heroes_text_english.txt ... but where to look for the resources directory ? In the client and on the server it is not present ! Thank you in advance for your answer ...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Translate to what language?

This is a zip containing all of the language files extracted from the v1.69 client HFS archives. Depending on what version of the client you're using you will want to rename one of those files to heroes_text_english.txt and place it in '\\VindictusEU\en-EU\data\resource\localized_text\english' for the client only. The folder won't exist, you will need to make it manually.

You need the mod loader for files in 'data' to be read, get that here https://forum.ragezone.com/f944/release-delia-server-files-1145005/index13.html#post9072054

Alternatively if you play the live server and have a client with the language you want you can take that file from the HFS directory using this:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

This is a zip containing all of the language files extracted from the v1.69 client HFS archives. Depending on what version of the client you're using you will want to rename one of those files to heroes_text_english.txt and place it in '\\VindictusEU\en-EU\data\resource\localized_text\english' for the client only. The folder won't exist, you will need to make it manually.

You need the mod loader for files in 'data' to be read, get that here https://forum.ragezone.com/f944/release-delia-server-files-1145005/index13.html#post9072054

Alternatively if you play the live server and have a client with the language you want you can take that file from the HFS directory using this:

Thank you very much for your answer !
Created sections and placed them in them heroes_text_english.txt -the game has started .. but when trying to change the text .. for example, START GAME on STA GAME - the game crashes at startup, maybe there should be a certain file encoding ? Client version v1. 69 ... I wanted to translate it into Russian =_=

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your answer ! Created sections and placed them in them heroes_text_english.txt -the game has started .. but when trying to change the text .. for example, START GAME on STA GAME - the game crashes at startup, maybe there should be a certain file encoding ? Client version v1. 69 ... I wanted to translate it into Russian =_=

For the test , I change 1 letter in the interface sections .. for example, a pop-up message after clicking exit : "Do you wish to quit the game?" on Do you wish to quit the games? , I go into the game - the text is not changed ... :?:

I figured out , in my case, the full path to the \Vindictus file EU\en-EU\resource\localized_text\english_eu\heroes_text_english_eu.txt :thumbup1:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I completely translated the game into Russian, but now the game starts and tries to load (Loading appears) and immediately closes without errors ...At the same time , I translated only the second column to "" I tried to translate only the tincture menu - but not everything is translated, for example "[ENGLISH]GAMEUI_7SPEAKERS" "7.1 Speakers" > "7.1 Speakers" and so on = ignores the translation ...A very capricious game in terms of translation! And by the way, the translation via "Data" did not work(I installed nexon_api_hook and changed the bat file to "start vindictus.exe -stage-dev -lang en-us-x-gm-noupdate-threads 4", the game starts .. but it does not read the localization file) !

UPD .. nexon_api_hook-earned and translated all the menus .. but there is some trouble with the full translation file - it does not start = (It looks like I translated extra lines .. I will translate selectively and see where the game starts to crash ..

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thank you again, everything works .. I translated the game into Russian.. The entire text was translated .. But now it does not let you into battle(even in the starting dungeon) .. Returned the original file heroes_text_english_eu.txt and now he lets them fight ... The question arose : Which point in the heroes_text_english_eu.txt can he be responsible for such an error? =(

Upvote 0
Back