Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Help on item drop (mob specific)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been trying to test Nipperlug to drop UCH. But it's not working. This is the line item I made.

9798 1 0 1 1 1 100 1 200 0 0 0 0 0 0

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been trying to test Nipperlug to drop UCH. But it's not working. This is the line item I made.

9798 1 0 1 1 1 100 1 200 0 0 0 0 0 0

Quick Route:
1. Remove the rest of the drops assigned to it & note that drops set to appear on all Bloody Ice mobs will likely affect it
Code:
[COLOR=#666666]9798 1 0 1 1 0 38 1 200 0 0 0 0 0 0[/COLOR]

Slow Route:

While I'm guessing that it wasn't changed, lets just assume you're willing to learn how to do it for all of your mobs instead of having to rely on others again:

The world drop file has the following values assigned to each line:

Code:
[WorldDrop]    Terrain_World    DungeonID    Terrain_Mob    ItemKind    ItemOpt    DropRate    MinLv    MaxLv    Group    MaxDropCnt    OptPoolIdx    DurationIdx    DropSvrCh    EventDropOnly

Terrain_World: The Map/Dungeon where would you like the drop (beware, some dungeons share the same world thus "DungeonID" is a thing - (0 if you do not want to restrict it to a specific map, you can still add a dungeon and/or a monster restriction for it, if no restrictions are added, it will only add to drops from monsters that don't yet have their drop rate capacities filled (total max drop rate which depends on the drop type of the respective monster))

DungeonID: The dungeon specific ID from the dungeon that should drop the desired item - (0 if its not a dungeon or if you don't want to restrict it to one)

Terrain_Mob: Interesting for you is the Terrain_Mob, here you add the monster idx which you can find in your cabal_msg (start looking from "Monster1" onwards)

ItemKind: The raw item id of what you want to post, there are guides for how to manage upgrades and whatnot on ragezone already so just go back to the cabal_msg client file and start from "Item1", quest items are listed under "qtem" if you're interested in those (necessary hint for dungeon entry items and such)

ItemOpt: Leave this at 0 for the cores and anything that is not added as "qtem" or a different type of special / stackable item (forcecalibur also counts as an exception here as it requires an option id)

DropRate: A bit more or less than 38% are about the maximum reasonable amount for monsters that don't have their mmap type set to "1" which results in being able to have a 100% drop rate capacity, going higher makes the drops unreliable, going lower is just fine (and recommended as well, as it would feel like a normal mob's drops in that case)

MinLv/MaxLv are pretty self-explanatory, here you can set the level range from when till when do you want characters to get the listed items (if your level is not within the min-/max level range mentioned here, those items will not drop if the character makes the kill according to the loot rule that is set)

As for Group I don't recall that one right now but you'd see no stars raining upon your server leaving that as "0", I still recommend playing around with stuff you don't (yet) know - it can only make the horizon more clear

MaxDropCnt: Resets upon channel reload (automate it through crontab if need be), set it to 0 to allow (typically used) the item to drop with no limitations, if you set a number then it will stop dropping until the channel gets reloaded, I'm not sure whether one of the worldsvr specific timers is responsible here or not, as I've always used automated reloads for it instead but that too might be worth a check.

OptPoolIdx: Leads to the respective id within the optionpool.scp (usually used to randomly generate crafts/slots, with some tweaks, you can even use it for the item id "13" and have random amounts of alz drop beyond the 30k limitation, note that this requires being careful with what you're doing however) - Leave it at 0 for the core or anything else like that, it would only cause problems.

DurationIdx: 0/31 = Permanent, for proper details check your "Duration.scp"

DropSvrCh: The channel that shall drop the item, pretty self-explanatory, allows handling different channels without separating the world_drop file which can help making changes a bit faster than managing each drop file separately - leaving this as "0" will have it drop on all channels that use the respective world_drop.scp

EventDropOnly: Shall the item be an event drop or not - You may want to look through the event system for a better understanding here, leave it as "0" to keep it off until then

Upvote 0
Back