Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

SQL Restore Error

Master Summoner
Reaction score
any help when i try doing GameDB restore

Kreain - SQL Restore Error - RaGEZONE Forums

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
LINK -> Thesnowman guide -> there's something about SQL2005 - just read it ;-).

Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score
Umm Special person, I Followed That Guide >> I Said Its When Im Restoring It Special person Read For Once

Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score
any help? can someone open mssql manager and right click GameDB > Tasks > Back Up, and upload it please D:

Upvote 0
The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
I should have watched my mouth and not said/talked poop to DeadlyData telling him things like your are not welcome here because then I become the one who is truly not welcome here.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
at your SS, i think theirs is a conflict on your SQL

try find out

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Clue in the error:

"The code page 936 is not supported by the server"

If you did your *nix setup right you should remember that you had to include an odbc var to your bash profile to enable codepage 936 when talking to the sql server as the database is in Chinese.

I guess that you didn't add the east asian language pack to the regional and language options in your control panel (maybe you did it after installing mssql and it doesn't know?) but your server definitely does not support Chinese properly and so cannot restore the db. He no speekee :p

Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score
I got the language packs
any help with the other part like odbc you said ?

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
go go /home/cabal and open .bash_profile and add the following line next to the other exports (or at the bottom):

export FREETDS_UNIXODBC_CHARSET='cp936'

I did this in my Cabal profile as well as my normal user (i use this linux box for other things too).

That bit is only on the linux side though and won't fix the problem with restoring the database. I had lots of east asian language packs installed (Korean, Japanese and Chinese mainly) way before i installed the sql server (2005 express), and i have them all ticked on the Advanced tab of my regional and language settings (in control panel) too which might be the difference. it may be that the server picks up supported languages when it is installed as i didn't change any language settings in sql. The databases themselves are stored with a Chinese_PRC_CI_AS collation so your sql server must be able to accept that language or the import will fail.

Upvote 0
Back