Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Tutorial about server!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi guys, i play Cabal like 12 years, but now i whant to make own server, i have enoth money to do it, and now i ask some help about to make 1 post or 1 answer on this one thread, to teach how to make all stuff, i mean im Web dev, i know some web stuff, but for now, just to help to create this, here is some questions:

1) Where to get good cabal files?
2) How to install it, and where VPS or smwth? What setup to use?
3) What is XOR and Magic key i see there on forum, how it works, basically the glosarry of all related stuff
4) How to edit, fix files, errors, how to find them in code, and witch tools to use, to edit them
5) All required tools for manage server, like gm console or smth. else

Thx, pls post any helpful link(s) related to this questions below. Have a good day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi buddy,
1) You dont need to buy cabal files, because they are free. Just go to Release section and you can use THIS or THIS
2) As a beginner i will suggestion you to download Oracle VirtualBox and to install there Centos 7 and MSSQL. You can read THIS tutorial
3) and 4) You need EncTool to decrypt and encrypt the cabal files in client side and about the magickey it should be same in mssql table cabal_client_version_table and in xdata.enc. Here in ragezone have enough information for everyhting, just use the search button.
5) Some GM tools have for adding items , but don't know if they work good, i never used them and not use any other tools.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
Reaction score
This forum already has all of the answers to your questions, so I'm not sure what's the point of this thread?
Laziness or lack of research?

If you dedicate 3-5 days worth of research via this forum and Google, you would have all of the information needed and more, unless you want someone to do it for you and just put a summary "for dummies", this type of approach will put off people from helping you.

Majority of this community members who made servers (live or test) done it through trial and error.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back